Gary Johnson wins Libertarian Party nomination

The Libertarians did the only sensible thing and nominated Gary Johnson for their candidate for president. Johnson is the only reasonable choice in the race. He is a two term governor with a solid record. Does he have plenty of downsides? Of course. But not nearly as many as McCain. And lots of people, including me, voted for McCain.

I see we've all learned about promoting from the DOnald. Got to have those catchy controversial sideshow slogans. :biggrin: I would proud to have a "Feel the Johnson" bumper sticker (on my tractor).

Didn't hear if Will Weld (past governor of Mass) was approved as VP. I do know there is a fight over whether Weld is "Libertarian enough". A problem my party has ALWAYS had. And in the race to being MORE Libertarian --- we are the world's richest mine of anarchists.

TWO successful state governors on one ticket would be really rad.. Considering the choices. The only polls INCLUDING Johnson recently ALREADY showed him at 10 or 12%. BEFORE the convention. So we're half-way there to throwing America's first election into the House in over 100 years.

And I want to see the tears and hissy fits stream from the Dem/Rep camps when we reach 15% and by the rules are SUPPOSED to be included in the debates. Except that the FEC "debate committee" is a bunch of hot-head party loyalists who signed a memo saying that their candidates WOULD ONLY debate Democrats or Republicans.

Now that's the kinda of "rigged system" this election is all about. Isn't it?

You really don't know how that works, do you? Which states will Johnson win? I can tell you! Neverland!
You'd be surprised. SO many people are turned off by both Trump and Hillary the only alernative to Johnson is staying home.

The Libertarians did the only sensible thing and nominated Gary Johnson for their candidate for president. Johnson is the only reasonable choice in the race. He is a two term governor with a solid record. Does he have plenty of downsides? Of course. But not nearly as many as McCain. And lots of people, including me, voted for McCain.

I see we've all learned about promoting from the DOnald. Got to have those catchy controversial sideshow slogans. :biggrin: I would proud to have a "Feel the Johnson" bumper sticker (on my tractor).

Didn't hear if Will Weld (past governor of Mass) was approved as VP. I do know there is a fight over whether Weld is "Libertarian enough". A problem my party has ALWAYS had. And in the race to being MORE Libertarian --- we are the world's richest mine of anarchists.

TWO successful state governors on one ticket would be really rad.. Considering the choices. The only polls INCLUDING Johnson recently ALREADY showed him at 10 or 12%. BEFORE the convention. So we're half-way there to throwing America's first election into the House in over 100 years.

And I want to see the tears and hissy fits stream from the Dem/Rep camps when we reach 15% and by the rules are SUPPOSED to be included in the debates. Except that the FEC "debate committee" is a bunch of hot-head party loyalists who signed a memo saying that their candidates WOULD ONLY debate Democrats or Republicans.

You really don't know how that works, do you? Which states will Johnson win? I can tell you! Neverland!
You'd be surprised. SO many people are turned off by both Trump and Hillary the only alernative to Johnson is staying home.

Can you answer the question? Which states can he win because he has to have electoral votes?

Can you answer the question? Which states can he win because he has to have electoral votes?
All of them. He can win all of them.

The Tea Party embraced the libertarian movement but why didn't libertarians embrace the Tea Party activists? The short answer is that the libertarian movement morphed into ....guess what....the freaking pot head movement. You almost gotta laugh that new age libertarians don't want to celebrate the fact that Johnson was the CEO of Canabis Sativa.

Bullshit! There are maybe 10% that will refuse to vote for Hillary or Trump when it comes down to election day. Conservatives will not vote for Johnson if drug legalization and open borders are on the menu. Liberals would never support the libertarian "live and let live" attitude of personal rights and responsibility.

It will not happen. Keep dreaming, because apparently that is all you have!

The problem I see with libertarians is that they tend to think everyone is motivated by freedom and prosperity. Those views can be dangerous when dealing with immigration and terrorism.
Because Republicans think freedom is only for elites.
That makes absolutely no sense. Try again.
Actually your post makes no sense.
Freedo and prosperity are for everyone. Free movement of labor and capital is a basic conservative tenet.
Um, yeah it does make sense. You and doc just don't want to acknowledge that there are people in the world who are not interested in freedom and prosperity, and are motivated more by hate and violence. Libertarians think we can make peaceful people out of terrorists if we give them financial opportunities and let them come and go as they please, thinking they will like us if we show them love and introduce them to freedom. They don't live in the real world.

Bullshit! There are maybe 10% that will refuse to vote for Hillary or Trump when it comes down to election day. Conservatives will not vote for Johnson if drug legalization and open borders are on the menu. Liberals would never support the libertarian "live and let live" attitude of personal rights and responsibility.

Let's see. You base your statement on? Feelings?
Conservatives are appalled at Trump's wall and real conservatives understand free movement of labor as a basic tenet.
Dems can't stand Hillary, the likely nominee.
Conservatives can't stand Trump.
That leaves Johnson, who looks pretty solid, esp by comparison.

Feel the Johnson! Let Him Blow a Load of Liberty All Over You!
Gary Johnson is probably the GOP candidate we should have had.

Nope. Rand Paul was the republican you should have had.. He would have defused the major 3rd party event youre about to see. LOL

Conservatives are appalled at Trump's wall and real conservatives understand free movement of labor as a basic tenet.

I guess reading comprehension is just not in your skills set. Why didn't you address my points on why he will not get votes instead of spreading more bullshit?

Most conservatives understand that we are being invaded through a border that basically says, "Please do not cross this line, or we will be forced to backslide and equivocate."

In a head to head matchup. Johnson seems to be bleeding off dem voters. Maybe he will inherit RedBernie voters when hilly steals the election.

The problem I see with libertarians is that they tend to think everyone is motivated by freedom and prosperity. Those views can be dangerous when dealing with immigration and terrorism.

Moving from guns for hire , bombing 4 or 6 diffferent counttriesa year, to focusing on TRUE defense of homeland would focus our terrorism plan. MOST Libertarians recognize that borders and immigration is an ACTUAL constitutional duty.

Feel the Johnson! Let Him Blow a Load of Liberty All Over You!
Gary Johnson is probably the GOP candidate we should have had.

Nope. Rand Paul was the republican you should have had.. He would have defused the major 3rd party event youre about to see. LOL
Rand Paul never had a chance. He was too unRepublican to get it.
Ted Cruz was the candidate we should have had but the GOP decided to play circular firing squad so we ended up Shlonged here.

I guess reading comprehension is just not in your skills set. Why didn't you address my points on why he will not get votes instead of spreading more bullshit?

Most conservatives understand that we are being invaded through a border that basically says, "Please do not cross this line, or we will be forced to backslide and equivocate."
Conservatives understand that free movement of labor and capital is basic to conservative belief. Idiot totalitarian racists think we are being invaded and overrun by little brown people. T hat's how Trump ended up with the nomination.

Moving from guns for hire , bombing 4 or 6 diffferent counttriesa year, to focusing on TRUE defense of homeland would focus our terrorism plan. MOST Libertarians recognize that borders and immigration is an ACTUAL constitutional duty.
Which part of the Constitution authorizes immigration laws? Oops.
Strong foreign policy made this country the great country that it is. If libertarians had their way we'd be trading with a United Europe that was German-speaking and ruled by the Nazi Party.

Whoa…

Gary Johnson would never win a state. The only thing that could shift an election to the House is a 269/269 tie or if a 3rd party wins enough EVs to deprive the DEM/REP headliner of 270. Since we’ve gone to 538 eps, the winner has piled up an AVERAGE of 328 electoral votes. This includes the 2 years where Bush didn’t crack 300 :rofl:

328 Normal accumulation
-270 Amount Needed
58 Electoral Votes—the Amount 3rd Parties would have to draw FROM THE WINNER’S STATE ALONE to send election to HOR

Unless Johnson can win California and another state, it won’t matter if HRC wins all of Mr. Obama’s states for example. In truth he got 332 votes so she could lose CA (55) and Oregon both (7) and still win the election outright. Are there other paths? Sure, just win even more states but we all know that is unrealistic.

Gary Johnson has the same chance to shape this election that you or I do which is none at all.

Forum List

Back