Gary Johnson wins Libertarian Party nomination

The Libertarians did the only sensible thing and nominated Gary Johnson for their candidate for president. Johnson is the only reasonable choice in the race. He is a two term governor with a solid record. Does he have plenty of downsides? Of course. But not nearly as many as McCain. And lots of people, including me, voted for McCain.

I thought this thread was about penises, how disappointing then when I read it's about politics :eusa_doh:

The Libertarians did the only sensible thing and nominated Gary Johnson for their candidate for president. Johnson is the only reasonable choice in the race. He is a two term governor with a solid record. Does he have plenty of downsides? Of course. But not nearly as many as McCain. And lots of people, including me, voted for McCain.

I'm still not sure what a Libertarian is.

Think of us as Tea Party members WITHOUT all the socially conservative morals.

OR

As Bernie Sanders IF he knew a lot about Capitalism, math and economics.. :banana:

The Presidents' Johnson. I mean the president is Johnson!

If they can't go with Weld (too many Republicans) then I'd like to see a draft of John Stossel. He'd be a better communicator and knows how to get the media attention..
Weld appears to have the nomination.
The Libertarians will revert to form and probably shoot each other in the foot, claiming this or that "isn't really Libertarian".
But they dodged the bullet on picking John McAfee, a psycho murderer drug addict. Now the Johnson-Weld ticket looks absolutely respectable.

OR

As Bernie Sanders IF he knew a lot about Capitalism, math and economics.. :banana:

I've just been reading a bit about Libertarianism, the Fiscal Conservatism and Non-Interventionism in foreign policy, unless for direct self-defence, these things I completely agree with. The Freedom of Speech and Non-Censorship of the Press and their stance about Prostitution, I also agree with. They're anti-Capital Punishment, which I can't agree with.

What happened to The Tea Party, are they still active?

I thought this thread was about penises, how disappointing then when I read it's about politics :eusa_doh:
Well we can help you out with that if you like penises.

The problem I see with libertarians is that they tend to think everyone is motivated by freedom and prosperity. Those views can be dangerous when dealing with immigration and terrorism.

OR

I've just been reading a bit about Libertarianism, the Fiscal Conservatism and Non-Interventionism in foreign policy, unless for direct self-defence, these things I completely agree with. The Freedom of Speech and Non-Censorship of the Press and their stance about Prostitution, I also agree with. They're anti-Capital Punishment, which I can't agree with.

What happened to The Tea Party, are they still active?
It's a grab bag of crap. On domestic policy a lot of us conservatives will find a home. On foreign policy we'll work to overturn their absurd isolationist stand. Mostly they are about weed, which I can live with in exchange for a pro gun stance. It isnt the best choice, just the only one at this point.

There is endless variation amongst people who call themselves "libertarians". But the basis is what you'd call classical liberalism. Locke, the Austrians, Friedman, etc.

The problem I see with libertarians is that they tend to think everyone is motivated by freedom and prosperity. Those views can be dangerous when dealing with immigration and terrorism.
Because Republicans think freedom is only for elites.

Now, if only everyone who doesn't like Clinton and doesn't like Trump votes for Johnson, we could have our first third party president.

Unfortunately, all those people still believe there is no way a third party candidate can win, so they will ignorantly vote for the candidate running against the one they hate the most... You know, the lesser of to evils bullshit.

There is endless variation amongst people who call themselves "libertarians". But the basis is what you'd call classical liberalism. Locke, the Austrians, Friedman, etc.
It isn't really. They like to pretend it is but it is more classical Anarchism ala Emma Goldman. Classical liberals believe there is a legitimate coercive power of the state.

I see we've all learned about promoting from the DOnald. Got to have those catchy controversial sideshow slogans. :biggrin: I would proud to have a "Feel the Johnson" bumper sticker (on my tractor).

Didn't hear if Will Weld (past governor of Mass) was approved as VP. I do know there is a fight over whether Weld is "Libertarian enough". A problem my party has ALWAYS had. And in the race to being MORE Libertarian --- we are the world's richest mine of anarchists.

TWO successful state governors on one ticket would be really rad.. Considering the choices. The only polls INCLUDING Johnson recently ALREADY showed him at 10 or 12%. BEFORE the convention. So we're half-way there to throwing America's first election into the House in over 100 years.

And I want to see the tears and hissy fits stream from the Dem/Rep camps when we reach 15% and by the rules are SUPPOSED to be included in the debates. Except that the FEC "debate committee" is a bunch of hot-head party loyalists who signed a memo saying that their candidates WOULD ONLY debate Democrats or Republicans.

Now that's the kinda of "rigged system" this election is all about. Isn't it?
If there is any election that will be so unpredictable Johnson will have a chance running third party this is it. I won't rule him out because it seems anything is possible the way this has been going.

Because Republicans think freedom is only for elites.
That makes absolutely no sense. Try again.
Actually your post makes no sense.
Freedo and prosperity are for everyone. Free movement of labor and capital is a basic conservative tenet.

I see we've all learned about promoting from the DOnald. Got to have those catchy controversial sideshow slogans. :biggrin: I would proud to have a "Feel the Johnson" bumper sticker (on my tractor).

Didn't hear if Will Weld (past governor of Mass) was approved as VP. I do know there is a fight over whether Weld is "Libertarian enough". A problem my party has ALWAYS had. And in the race to being MORE Libertarian --- we are the world's richest mine of anarchists.

TWO successful state governors on one ticket would be really rad.. Considering the choices. The only polls INCLUDING Johnson recently ALREADY showed him at 10 or 12%. BEFORE the convention. So we're half-way there to throwing America's first election into the House in over 100 years.

And I want to see the tears and hissy fits stream from the Dem/Rep camps when we reach 15% and by the rules are SUPPOSED to be included in the debates. Except that the FEC "debate committee" is a bunch of hot-head party loyalists who signed a memo saying that their candidates WOULD ONLY debate Democrats or Republicans.

Now that's the kinda of "rigged system" this election is all about. Isn't it?

You really don't know how that works, do you? Which states will Johnson win? I can tell you! Neverland!

It isn't really. They like to pretend it is but it is more classical Anarchism ala Emma Goldman. Classical liberals believe there is a legitimate coercive power of the state.

I imagine it would depend on the specific "libertarian".

I called myself a "libertarian" for a while, when I was younger.

Forum List

Back