G.O.P. Rep. Refers to Obama as ‘That Boy’

You'd think that the GOP would learn to stop ducking and weaving after Macacca Allen.
The interesting part about the whole Macacca flap is that Allen actually got off really easy, compared to how a functioning media would have treated the issue.

The media let Allen get away with some really flimsy claims for the source of the word, including its use by his mother, a French Tunisian. Before the flap, however, Googling the word "macaca" would have taken you to some seriously extreme white racist sites.

Apparently, the term was a code word that translated directly as "n****r". It was popular among White Supremacists because they could use it in public and only the other racists knew what it meant. Of course, George changed all of that.

A working press would have asked Allen about that potential source, and delved into it. But we don't have that in this country when Republicans are behaving badly.

What gets me is they are all cowards and won't come out say it and stand by it. Just let the slur out to sink in and then weasel out of it.

One reporter asked him about finding Obama Bin Laden, until he was corrected.

Stand by your contrived meanings to their words? I wouldn't either. That wouldn't make me a coward ... it would make YOU a liar.

Anyone who supported Bush has no standing to talk about Obama being a snake oil salesman or being incapable of having his finger on the button

And from that twit Mitch McConnell, it's laughable.

But I do love the consistency of the racial undertones in the GOP campaign. They must be so proud of themselves. I guess the southern strategy lives. :rolleyes:

This thread is proof the "Democrat strategy" lives. Can't find anything REAL to bitch about? make something up. Been a mainstay of you Dems for years. Why I turned my backs on your asses.

Awwwwww....cute Allie took up the party line. I'm shocked I tell ya...just shocked.

You do understand that it's not just about being condescending, right? Calling a black man, "boy" is a racial issue.

Bullshit. It's a racial issue because you dishonest lefty hacks are making it one.

I call anyone I want to "boy". Definitely condescending and definitely not racial at all.

He was in the middle of a speech to smear Obama, and called him a "boy". Calling someone your age that you don't personally know a "boy" is derogatory. I don't think this is that big of an issue, but at least we need to call it what it is, which is disrespectful and uncharacteristic of a person we all consider to be a leader of our society.

The remark was condescending. He was criticizing Obama. Freedom of speech to talk trash about the other's candidates is not solely a liberal right.

When you start holding Democrats to the same standards you have laid down for Democrats, THEN your standards will have credibility.

This thread is proof the "Democrat strategy" lives. Can't find anything REAL to bitch about? make something up. Been a mainstay of you Dems for years. Why I turned my backs on your asses.

It's been at least 30 years since the southern strategy became the property of republicans. I can't help it if the truth offends you. Don't like it? Stop voting for people who use the strategy.

It wasn't McConnell that said it. And while it is true that "boy" is used by many southerners to talk down to men of any race, it has long been viewed as a put down of black men.

That does not legitimize calling the statements racist. That it is condescending is apparent. That it is racist is contrived.

It's been at least 30 years since the southern strategy became the property of republicans. I can't help it if the truth offends you. Don't like it? Stop voting for people who use the strategy.

I could care less about the "Southern strategy," and your attempt to make this a racial issue. The "Southern strategy" is just fearmonging and sensationalizing from YOU.

What exactly do you call the strategy whereby liberals purchase black votes by the promise of more handouts they have made blacks dependent on? If THAT isn't racism at its finest, I don't know what is. But you keep on deluding yourself and covering up your own dirty deeds by yelling and pointing fingers at others. Y'all are so good at it.

Don't like THAT? Stop being one of the people that use THAT strategy.

I could care less about the "Southern strategy," and your attempt to make this a racial issue. The "Southern strategy" is just fearmonging and sensationalizing from YOU.

Then why did Republicans apologize for the Southern Strategy?

GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics
By Richard Benedetto, USA TODAY
Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Can't post links yet, so Google it Gunny

Then why did Republicans apologize for the Southern Strategy?

GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics
By Richard Benedetto, USA TODAY
Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.

Can't post links yet, so Google it Gunny

Got it...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-07-14-GOP-racial-politics_x.htm

But the southern strategy is a figment of *my* imagination.. .lol...

Damn, the GOP is filled with hilarious dudes. I laughed out loud at three statements.

I’m going to tell you something: That boy’s finger does not need to be on the button,” Mr. Davis said.

Back at the dinner, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton didn’t escape the men’s attention either. While saying her candidacy seemed to be teetering on the brink, he added “I hear she hasn’t been this worried since a new Hooters opened” near her home with former President Bill Clinton.

Oh and one more, because Senator Jim Bunning decided to one-up Mr. McConnell’s description of terrorists and Al Qaeda. “The people we’re fighting against now are worse than Adolf Hitler and Nazis. And we don’t know where they live, half of them,” Mr. Bunning said.

The middle one I laughed with him. The other two, I laughed at them.

Thanks for the link, Jillian. Only 4 more posts, and I can make my own links!

Wait, 3 to go!!

"Ah, ya doesn't has to call me Johnson! You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Johnny or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me RayJay, or you can call me RJ... but ya doesn't hafta call me Johnson..."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4kH15Ny2ho[/ame]

I'm a Southern white boy, age 52. I might call my brother or my white male friends "boy", but I would never say that to any black male. The history is too clear to deny.

I have seen white men call black men "boy". I have never seen that done without hostitliy. The pigs who do that would never do it in a one-on-one confrontation; they know the reaction it would evoke.

I hope the next generation is better. But Davis and McConnell are of a generation where blacks were routinely diminished by whites, and "boy" was just one means of doing that.

The truly sickening part is the comfort they felt saying that publicly in a roomful of Republicans. I can only imagine how much worse they are in private.

Got anything to back up your PC drivel? Besides others like you nodding their heads and agreeing?

No, you don't. I use the term "boy," and I've used it to blacks as well as whites. It's a figure of speech.

Fact is, y'all are desperately grasping at something bullshit like this to deflect from the fact that YOUR "boy" flat-out insulted a whole segement of the US population.

A comment made by a politician about another politician being blown WAY out of proportion.

Oh, and grow some balls. If you use the word with one person, use it with them all.

Got anything to back up your PC drivel? Besides others like you nodding their heads and agreeing?

No, you don't. I use the term "boy," and I've used it to blacks as well as whites. It's a figure of speech.

Fact is, y'all are desperately grasping at something bullshit like this to deflect from the fact that YOUR "boy" flat-out insulted a whole segement of the US population.

A comment made by a politician about another politician being blown WAY out of proportion.

Oh, and grow some balls. If you use the word with one person, use it with them all.

:clap2:

Likewise, you lefties don't know what a damned racist is. To you, it's anyone that you can accuse that fits your agenda.

If you don't think a southern white man calling a black man "boy" is racist, then you are ignorant. I dare you to come down to SC, AL, MS, LA, TN, KY and slander a black man and call him "boy". Good luck with that old man.

Your answer: You liberals are so PC. I'm tired of you pansy rainbow huggers. Why don't you cry about how Obama said "typical white person" or what his pastor said?

My answer: I never defended the "typical white person" comment, and I already acknowledged that Wright is a racist. Why do you defend the white man's racism and attack the black man's racism? The answer is because you care more about being on the side of the party that wins in November than you do about what is right and wrong in this country.

Forum List

Back