G.O.P. Rep. Refers to Obama as ‘That Boy’

Rocky was BLACK!?!?!

ripose, sir

Do you think Sly would have written that line HAD the character been black?

<object width="464" height="388" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf?6045" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=f02d0b8cca" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><embed width="464" height="388" flashvars="key=f02d0b8cca" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" src="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf?6045" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><noscript><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f02d0b8cca">Word Association</a> on <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/">FunnyOrDie.com</a></noscript>

Riddle me this, riddle me that ....

If Mr T as Clubber Lang says to Rocky in Roccky III, "Hey boy, you shoulda NEVER came back ..."

is he a racist?

Cuz we all KNOW Clubber Lang was a white racist and Rocky a poor, victimized black.:eusa_eh:

Tried to rep you again Gunny. LMAO

This Humor Break brought to you by Shogun (tm) brand jeers, gibes and scoffs.

Remember kids, it really isn't as funny as it could be if it ain't dropped at least one F BOMB!

Look out motherfuckin' belowwwwwwwwwww....

<object width="464" height="388" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf?6045" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=a7fde48976" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><embed width="464" height="388" flashvars="key=a7fde48976" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" src="http://www2.funnyordie.com/public/flash/fodplayer.swf?6045" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><noscript><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a7fde48976">Kill The White People</a> on <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/">FunnyOrDie.com</a></noscript>

Please...we are not talking about some guys sitting around the bar calling each other boy. We are talking about a elected representative calling the first black presidential candidate that has a serious chance of winning a "boy."

IT IS A RACIST COMMENT! The guy knew what he was saying. He isn't an idiot...well...not in the limited sense of the word.

Obama and every black person in the US has every right to be outraged.

The word means different things to different people. Your demand is the epitome of "foolish consistency".

Your hiding in the corner and cowtowing to political correctness is the epitome of just about everything that's wrong in our society.

I mean really ... you and everyone else needs to get over yourselves and your pansy-assed reactions to being called names.

And that isn't even the issue here. It's the purposeful misrepresentation of what was said to whine "racism." That's a notch lower on the scale than just being ignorant.

A Republican can't call a Democrat by a condescending term -- and that is the ONLY context it reads in -- without getting every liberal on this board all up in arms but your special little candidate, His Prissyness can condescendingly label an entire segement of society and not a peep.

Hypocrites.

Please...we are not talking about some guys sitting around the bar calling each other boy. We are talking about a elected representative calling the first black presidential candidate that has a serious chance of winning a "boy."

IT IS A RACIST COMMENT! The guy knew what he was saying. He isn't an idiot...well...not in the limited sense of the word.

Obama and every black person in the US has every right to be outraged.

In your opinion.

Your hiding in the corner and cowtowing to political correctness is the epitome of just about everything that's wrong in our society.

I mean really ... you and everyone else needs to get over yourselves and your pansy-assed reactions to being called names.

And that isn't even the issue here. It's the purposeful misrepresentation of what was said to whine "racism." That's a notch lower on the scale than just being ignorant.

A Republican can't call a Democrat by a condescending term -- and that is the ONLY context it reads in -- without getting every liberal on this board all up in arms but your special little candidate, His Prissyness can condescendingly label an entire segement of society and not a peep.

Hypocrites.

I predicted your next post pretty accurately. It must suck to be so easily pegged. :(

I predicted your next post pretty accurately. It must suck to be so easily pegged. :(

I think it sucks that it appears as of recently we can't even have somewhat of a rational debate on this board.

And actually, I commend you that at least in the post I read of yours, you said it was a condescending remark and didn't feel the need to toss out the "racism" accusation. You'll even get a few points for it when I get to it.:cool:

But every thread is nothing but people pissing on each other, and it WILL stop, one way or the other. You and a few others might recall that I refused to allow rightwingnut trolls and soundbyte regurgitators to control this board and or run the liberals on it off. Neither am I going to allow the same type on the left to do the exact same thing.

Hanging out at the mall last night I debated calling one of the many black men "boy." Luckily, I came to my senses.

Hanging out at the mall last night I debated calling one of the many black men "boy." Luckily, I came to my senses.

What you should consider is that the term "boy" can be either a term a condescion, or a term of endearment with absolutely NO racial connotations.

Assuming it pertains to only one minority group and giving them special treatment for it would fit the definition of "racism" better than any BS accusation in this thread.

Blacks aren't special because they're blacks. Not anymore than anyone else is special because of something as superficial as a sun tan.

Who is asking for special treatment? Oh, this Republican that wants us to pretend he was using "boy" as a term of endearment.

:rolleyes:

Wikipedia has weighed in - Geoff Davis: Controversy (Use of Derisive Racial Epithet)

That's an odd headline; usually if there's a controversy about the definition of a term or multiple meanings, Wikipedia gives both sides. Compare their entry for The Dreaded N-Word with the entry for Boy - Race

"Historically, in countries such as the U.S. and South Africa, 'boy' was used as a disparaging racist insult towards non-white adult males (especially of African descent), recalling their subservient status even after the 20th century legal emancipation (from slavery, evolved to race segregation, viz. Apartheid) and alleged infantility, and many still consider it offensive in that context to this day."

Wow. That's awful. No wonder Davis later apologized. See Cracker Caves In

In addition to the widely reported slur, Davis "made reference to Obama as someone who, if he were not a senator, would probably be spending the rest of his life in jail." Perhaps he said that only to portray Obama as another GW Bush, who would be sporting a mullet and pumping gas had he been born into average circumstances.

Wikipedia has weighed in - Geoff Davis: Controversy (Use of Derisive Racial Epithet)

That's an odd headline; ususally if there's a controversy about the definition of a term or multiple meanings, Wikipedia give both sides. Compare their entry for The Dreaded N-Word with the entry for Boy - Race

"Historically, in countries such as the U.S. and South Africa, 'boy' was used as a disparaging racist insult towards non-white adult males (especially of African descent), recalling their subservient status even after the 20th century legal emancipation (from slavery, evolved to race segregation, viz. Apartheid) and alleged infantility, and many still consider it offensive in that context to this day."

Wow. That's awful. No wonder Davis later apologized. See Cracker Caves In

In addition to the widely reported slur, Davis "made reference to Obama as someone who, if he were not a senator, would probably be spending the rest of his life in jail." Perhaps he said that only to portray Obama as another GW Bush, who would be sporting a mullet and pumping gas had he been born into average circumstances.

LOL! He really said that?

I guess "boy" is the pc version of "macaca" these days.

LOL! He really said that?

I guess "boy" is the pc version of "macaca" these days.

It would seem Davis thought that.

As I noted earlier on this thread, Macacca "was a code word that translated directly as 'n****r'. It was popular among White Supremacists because they could use it in public and only the other racists knew what it meant."

Forum List

Back