"Freedom Watch" calls the President a criminal for killing Bin Laden

So I guess if Boehner and the Republican Congress don't impeach the President for the high crime of murdering Osama Bin Laden, they will be what?

...accessories after the fact?

lol, how great would that be? The GOP impeaches Obama for getting Bin Laden. :lol::lol::lol:

STILL waiting for you to man up and admit you were wrong.

No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

US Constitution 5th Amendment

MR. JUSTICE BLACK delivered the opinion of the Court.

After serving with the United States Air Force in Korea, Robert W. Toth was honorably discharged. He returned to his home in Pittsburgh and went to work in a steel plant. Five months later he was arrested by military authorities on charges of murder and conspiracy to commit murder while an airman in Korea. 1 At the time of arrest he had no relationship of any kind with the military. He was taken to Korea to stand trial before a court-martial under authority of a 1950 Act of Congress. 2 The Court of Appeals sustained the Act, rejecting the contention that civilian ex-servicemen like Toth could not constitutionally be subjected to trial by court-martial. 94 U.S. App. D.C. 28, 215 F.2d 22. We granted certiorari to pass upon this important constitutional question. 348 U.S. 809 . 3

The 1950 Act cannot be sustained on the constitutional power of Congress "To raise and support Armies," "To declare War," or to punish "Offences against the Law of [350 U.S. 11, 14] Nations." 4 And this assertion of military authority over civilians cannot rest on the President's power as commander-in-chief, or on any theory of martial law. See Ex parte Milligan, 4 Wall. 2, 124-127. The Government's contention is that the Act is a valid exercise of the power granted Congress in Article I of the Constitution "To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces," as supplemented by the Necessary and Proper Clause. 5

U.S. Supreme Court
TOTH v. QUARLES, 350 U.S. 11 (1955)

I'm honestly not really sure how that applies in this case.

Kenneth Roth opined on bin Laden’s death via his Twitter account (@KenRoth), taking aim at comments made by the U.N.’s secretary-general: “Ban Ki-moon wrong on #Osama bin Laden: It’s not “justice” for him to be killed even if justified; no trial, conviction”.

So he's just playing word semantics... But the headline says he "CONDEMNS" the killing.

I would just like to point out that this thread about Fox' "Freedom Watch" got merged with another thread about Human Rights watch and they are two VERY different things...

Kenneth Roth is the Executive Director of Human Rights Watch...

The Executive Director of Human Rights Watch is criticizing the U.S. for killing Terrorist Leader Osama Bin Laden without Due Process. What do you think of this criticizm?

Human Rights Watch chief condemns bin Laden killing | The Daily Caller

????

The New York-based Human Rights Watch has been relatively mum on the Al Qaeda leader’s death, issuing a terse statement quoting Mr. Roth: “At a time when citizens around the world have engaged in peaceful demonstrations in the name of freedom and democracy, bin Laden’s death is a reminder of the thousands of innocents who suffer when terrorist groups seek political change through brutal means.”

UPDATE: In a press release Wednesday afternoon, Human Rights Watch clarified that the organization has taken no official position on the legality of bin Laden’s killing.

Last edited:
No-one wants to hear a few idiots make accusations about the 'illegality' of Osama's death, except a few insane partisans on the right.t.

No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

After serving with the United States Air Force in Korea, Robert W. Toth was honorably discharged. He returned to his home in Pittsburgh and went to work in a steel plant. Five months later he was arrested by military authorities on charges of murder and conspiracy to commit murder while an airman in Korea. 1 At the time of arrest he had no relationship of any kind with the military. He was taken to Korea to stand trial before a court-martial under authority of a 1950 Act of Congress. 2 The Court of Appeals sustained the Act, rejecting the contention that civilian ex-servicemen like Toth could not constitutionally be subjected to trial by court-martial. 94 U.S. App. D.C. 28, 215 F.2d 22. We granted certiorari to pass upon this important constitutional question. 348 U.S. 809 . 3

The 1950 Act cannot be sustained on the constitutional power of Congress "To raise and support Armies," "To declare War," or to punish "Offences against the Law of [350 U.S. 11, 14] Nations." 4 And this assertion of military authority over civilians cannot rest on the President's power as commander-in-chief, or on any theory of martial law. See Ex parte Milligan, 4 Wall. 2, 124-127. The Government's contention is that the Act is a valid exercise of the power granted Congress in Article I of the Constitution "To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces," as supplemented by the Necessary and Proper Clause. 5

U.S. Supreme Court

Bin Laden was not protected by the Constitution please do not try going there with that.

No-one wants to hear a few idiots make accusations about the 'illegality' of Osama's death, except a few insane partisans on the right.t.

U.S. Supreme Court

Bin Laden was not protected by the Constitution please do not try going there with that.

Obama was the President of a Constitutional republic where his powers are specifically enumerated., so I"ll go there with that.

U.S. Supreme Court

Obama was the President of a Constitutional republic where his powers are specifically enumerated., so I"ll go there with that.

Sorry I disagree, thats why we have international laws to govern armed conflicts. We can't say Bin Laden had Constitutional rights and bash Obamush fr invading another contry. What obama did would be like aother country coming to America and killing an American citizen, even though he may have deserved to die. It just cannot be allowed So will Iran send ove a hit team for Rev Jones?

Last edited:
Well it does look like Bin Laden was unarmed when they shot his face off. So it very well could have been illegal. But we'll never know for sure because the U.S. Government will always lie about what happened. And unfortunately,we have almost no independent and credible Media in the U.S. The U.S. Media have become mere Mouthpieces for the Government at this point. So unless Wikileaks or another Wikileaks-type organization comes along to investigate,we'll likely never know what really happened. We are all now being crushed under the boot of the Government/Media/Corporate Complex. They're worse than the Military Industrial Complex. There is no more truth in America. It's very sad.

Why are we in Pokeestann when Pokeestann never even attacked us!

Pokie is our ally, first off. Secondly, because the President Kept his word that if we get actionable intel as to the whereabouts of bin Laden and Pokie refuses or cannot take action, we will.

Next question!

Well it does look like Bin Laden was unarmed when they shot his face off. So it very well could have been illegal. But we'll never know for sure because the U.S. Government will always lie about what happened. And unfortunately,we have almost no independent and credible Media in the U.S. The U.S. Media have become mere Mouthpieces for the Government at this point. So unless Wikileaks or another Wikileaks-type organization comes along to investigate,we'll likely never know what really happened. We are all now being crushed under the boot of the Government/Media/Corporate Complex. They're worse than the Military Industrial Complex. There is no more truth in America. It's very sad.

Well that's what I heard in the (independent and credible part of the) press! (as opposed to the mouthpiece):eek:

I hope we get to see the helmet cam video of the head shot on Wiki. Wouldn't supprise me if OBL was begging for his life like a scared little girl ......:lol:

I figured it would be right wing ass wipes like neo-con teabagging repigs that would call it murder . they are the ones that love bin laden .

I figured it would be right wing ass wipes like neo-con teabagging repigs that would call it murder . they are the ones that love bin laden .

What do you Goose Steppers call shooting & killing an unarmed man? Please enlighten us.

Well that's what I heard in the (independent and credible part of the) press! (as opposed to the mouthpiece):eek:

I hope we get to see the helmet cam video of the head shot on Wiki. Wouldn't supprise me if OBL was begging for his life like a scared little girl ......:lol:

Really?

Aren't those folks the same ones who kamikaze against the WTC? Aren't those folks Islamic Fundamentalists, who that their god will reward them for engaging in jihad?

Really?

Aren't those folks the same ones who kamikaze against the WTC? Aren't those folks Islamic Fundamentalists, who that their god will reward them for engaging in jihad?

not the leadership. the leadership hide. they send children and idiots to do their bidding. you won't ever see someone like bin laden make themselves into martyrs.

bin laden was a coward just like arafat before him.

Silly Sheeple. The U.S. Government is lying their asses off about this Bin Laden murder. And so is the Goose Stepping American Media. We'll have to wait for Wikileaks or some other similar organization to investigate and tell us what really happened. So don't hold your breath waiting for the U.S. Government and corrupt Media to tell you the truth. It just ain't gonna happen.

Really?

not the leadership. the leadership hide. they send children and idiots to do their bidding. you won't ever see someone like bin laden make themselves into martyrs.

bin laden was a coward just like arafat before him.

Do you believe that your boy would have personally invaded OBL's compound and shoot him in the face ?

What do you Goose Steppers call shooting & killing an unarmed man? Please enlighten us.
It's no surprise that the CON$ are calling the military Seals coldblooded murders. CON$ only pretend to support the military for political purposes.

Forum List

Back