former astronaut speaks out on global warming

I find it very easy to deny, rockhead. Your facts come from faulty science, and you just keep regurgitating them. Garbage in, garbage out. You believe what you want, but don't shove your faulty science on to me, and say the debate is over. Then when someone else brings to the table something different than your science, and demean it. That's just juvenile, dude.

Melting glaciers, melting ice caps, and rising temperatures....

Nothing faulty about the science.

Likewise, no one denies that increasing CO2 in the atmosphere caused the earth to warm.

No one.

Whatever, Chris.

I dare you to find a climatologist who denies that CO2 in the atmosphere causes the earth to retain heat.

It is one of the laws of physics.

Melting glaciers, melting ice caps, and rising temperatures....

Nothing faulty about the science.

Likewise, no one denies that increasing CO2 in the atmosphere caused the earth to warm.

No one.

Whatever, Chris.

I dare you to find a climatologist who denies that CO2 in the atmosphere causes the earth to retain heat.

Whatever, Chris

When you reply to someone, make sure you click 'Quote' so that they know you are responding to their post. Based on the content of your post, I will assume that you were attempting to reply to me.

First off, why do you think I'm a 'mythical' physicist? I am, in fact, a Physicist with the degrees to prove it. You, on the other hand, just have a passing knowledge of the subject with no basis for understanding. You suffer from what is known as 'Arrogance from Ignorance'. In other words, you have a little bit of knowledge which has made you arrogant, yet you are completely ignorant of the subject. No matter. I have seen this many times in my life. You are certainly not the first.

There is a lot of information that the planet is cooling, but since you would rather try to prove your point first and then look at the data later, you don't see it. Many ignorant people do this, even some degreed scientists, so don't feel too bad. As we say in the business, "In God We Trust, all others bring data." I would recommend you look at the data first, but since that is not possible for an 'old rock' like you, I'll merely try to educate the young so that they don't make the same mistakes as you have made.

Global cooling articles:

January 2008 - 4 sources say “globally cooler” in the past 12 months « Watts Up With That?
Global Cooling? [1998-2005 data shows cooling trend]
World Climate Report » The Coming Global Cooling?

I enjoyed the link you posted:

Venus & Mars

It's a great history lesson. Everyone who is interested in Science should read it. However, it doesn't support anything you've said. As I said, it is merely a history lesson concerning the study of atmospheres of other planets.

Again, I realize there is no hope for you understanding the data since you have an agenda (or in your case, a religion) that you have chosen to follow, but perhaps people who are younger and/or more open-minded will be more open-minded to the Scientific Method.

Anthony Watts is a weather presenter for KPAY-AM radio, listed as meteorologist by the radio station[1] but listed as a retired Television Seal Holder (not as a meteorologist) by the American Meteorological Society.[2] In 2007, Watts founded SurfaceStations.org, a website devoted to photographing and documenting the quality of weather stations. [3]

Contents [hide]
1 Career
2 SurfaceStations.org
3 View on Global Warming
4 References
5 External links

[edit] Career
Watts became a television weatherman in 1987 when he joined KHSL-TV, a CBS affiliate based in Chico, California. After 17 years working at KHSL, he was replaced by Kris Kuyper [4] in 2004. He then became the radio weatherman for KPAY-AM, a Fox News affiliate also based in Chico, California. Watts also operates a company called ItWorks[5] which makes weather graphics systems for use on television broadcasts.

[edit] SurfaceStations.org
In 2007 Watts launched the 'Surface Stations' project, whose mission is "Via collaboration, creation of a publicly available photographic database of weather stations and weather station metadata."[6] The project relies on volunteers to gather the data. There are no qualification requirements.[7]

The project has received moral support from Roger A. Pielke and Stephen McIntyre. Pielke described the effort as filling "a very important need for the climate science community".[8] Watts is a regular contributor to McIntyre's website, Climate Audit where he posts some pictures of particularly poorly sited stations. Jay Lawrimore, chief of the climate monitoring branch of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration's National Climatic Data Center said "I think any effort to better understand the observation system that's used to collect data and analyze it is helpful."[9]

[edit] View on Global Warming
Watts has stated that he had "at one time been fully engaged in the belief that CO2 was indeed the root cause of the global warming problem" but "later changed my thinking when I learned more about the science involved and found it to be lacking."[10] He established the blog "Watts Up With That?"[11] to popularise his views on global warming and the controversy around the science.

Anthony Watts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this what you call a scientist? That really calls your credentials into question.

What about your credentials..rockhead...what's your credentials??? I bet Watts are better...

This is why I never give out my sources to you. All you can do is attack them. I've stated that before rockhead. You never read what is said, but attack the source because it doesn't agree with you. You are arrogant in ingnorance...by the way, I did notice you didn't refute that.....hmm.

You are missing the point. He has heard from the prophet, St. Albert Whore.

It's translated onto a broken record...rockhead

It translates into facts that you cannot deny. Instead you just do the right field 'neener, neener' bit.
I find it very easy to deny, rockhead. Your facts come from faulty science, and you just keep regurgitating them. Garbage in, garbage out. You believe what you want, but don't shove your faulty science on to me, and say the debate is over. Then when someone else brings to the table something different than your science, and demean it. That's just juvenile, dude.

But Al Gore told him it was so!!

SANTA FE, N.M. - Former astronaut Harrison Schmitt, who walked on the moon and once served New Mexico in the U.S. Senate, doesn’t believe that humans are causing global warming.

"I don’t think the human effect is significant compared to the natural effect," said Schmitt, who is among 70 skeptics scheduled to speak next month at the International Conference on Climate Change in New York.

Schmitt contends that scientists "are being intimidated" if they disagree with the idea that burning fossil fuels has increased carbon dioxide levels, temperatures and sea levels.

"They’ve seen too many of their colleagues lose grant funding when they haven’t gone along with the so-called political consensus that we’re in a human-caused global warming," Schmitt said.

Former astronaut speaks out on global warming - BostonHerald.com

It's nice to see this, however not unexpected. NASA may be under the wing of the same people who pay many of the US scientists that still spout off about GW, but their astronauts are very intelligent people, and once out of NASA they tend to share their experiences more openly.

Give it a rest. I'm quoting data. Those were just the 3 links that came up in a google search. Look at the data, not the religion.
Here's some data for you, kid...we haven't had a frost in five years. Before that, we had one on average every year.

Using your critieria...we've had record snowfalls the last 2 years where I live. Sooo....where does that put us Ravi????
No idea, but I can top that. It hasn't snowed in Miami since the seventies.

Here's some data for you, kid...we haven't had a frost in five years. Before that, we had one on average every year.

Using your critieria...we've had record snowfalls the last 2 years where I live. Sooo....where does that put us Ravi????
No idea, but I can top that. It hasn't snowed in Miami since the seventies.

It was 27 degrees in Fort Myers a couple weeks ago.

Lordy, lordy, all that verbage and not a single site to back it up with. The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

In the 19th century, scientists realized that gases in the atmosphere cause a "greenhouse effect" which affects the planet's temperature. These scientists were interested chiefly in the possibility that a lower level of carbon dioxide gas might explain the ice ages of the distant past. At the turn of the century, Svante Arrhenius calculated that emissions from human industry might someday bring a global warming. Other scientists dismissed his idea as faulty. In 1938, G.S. Callendar argued that the level of carbon dioxide was climbing and raising global temperature, but most scientists found his arguments implausible. It was almost by chance that a few researchers in the 1950s discovered that global warming truly was possible. In the early 1960s, C.D. Keeling measured the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere: it was rising fast. Researchers began to take an interest, struggling to understand how the level of carbon dioxide had changed in the past, and how the level was influenced by chemical and biological forces. They found that the gas plays a crucial role in climate change, so that the rising level could gravely affect our future. (This essay covers only developments relating directly to carbon dioxide, with a separate essay for Other Greenhouse Gases. For related theoretical issues, see the essay on Simple Models of Climate.)

Your just an idiot, rockhead. No more, and no less. Like I said you bring faulty science...get over it.

Faulty science? Here is the source organization for the article on the history of CO2 research;

The American Institute of Physics -- Physics Publications and Resources

Real physicists are rather serious scientists.

Lordy, lordy, all that verbage and not a single site to back it up with. The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

In the 19th century, scientists realized that gases in the atmosphere cause a "greenhouse effect" which affects the planet's temperature. These scientists were interested chiefly in the possibility that a lower level of carbon dioxide gas might explain the ice ages of the distant past. At the turn of the century, Svante Arrhenius calculated that emissions from human industry might someday bring a global warming. Other scientists dismissed his idea as faulty. In 1938, G.S. Callendar argued that the level of carbon dioxide was climbing and raising global temperature, but most scientists found his arguments implausible. It was almost by chance that a few researchers in the 1950s discovered that global warming truly was possible. In the early 1960s, C.D. Keeling measured the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere: it was rising fast. Researchers began to take an interest, struggling to understand how the level of carbon dioxide had changed in the past, and how the level was influenced by chemical and biological forces. They found that the gas plays a crucial role in climate change, so that the rising level could gravely affect our future. (This essay covers only developments relating directly to carbon dioxide, with a separate essay for Other Greenhouse Gases. For related theoretical issues, see the essay on Simple Models of Climate.)

Your just an idiot, rockhead. No more, and no less. Like I said you bring faulty science...get over it.

Faulty science? Here is the source organization for the article on the history of CO2 research;

real physicists admit they could be wrong, you arrogant ignorant cocksucker.

real physicists admit they could be wrong, you arrogant ignorant cocksucker.

Any real scientist says they can be wrong, as long as when proven wrong it is real proof. This is one reason I can't stand the environuts.

No idea, but I can top that. It hasn't snowed in Miami since the seventies.[/QUOTEI

It ain't suppose to snow in Miami.

Whatever, Chris.

Whatever, Chris

Please, is this what passes for a response? Does your "Whatever, Chris" contribute anything whatsoever to the discussion? Does it refute any of his facts? Does it quote any data? Provide any link to said data? Does it do anything other than make you look like an ass who is trying to hide his lack of argument behind insults?

Because that is all I am seeing. It doesn't take much, you obviously have access to the internet, just Google "scientific evidence against Global Warming" and quote some of the results at him. Do something, because "Whatever, Chris" is a complete waste of a post.

Last edited:

Whatever, Chris

Please, is this what passes for a response? Does your "Whatever, Chris" contribute anything whatsoever to the discussion? Does it refute any of his facts? Does it quote any data? Provide any link to said data? Does it do anything other than make you look like an ass who is trying to hide his lack of argument behind insults?

Because that is all I am seeing. It doesn't take much, you obviously have access to the internet, just Google "scientific evidence against Global Warming" and quote some of the results at him. Do something, because "Whatever, Chris" is a complete waste of a post.

Whatever, Dude lol

Last edited:
Whatever, Chris.

Whatever, Chris

As a graduate student in physics, I can say that yes, it is a well established scientific fact that CO2 gas is opaque to some frequencies of infra-red radiation. To debate that point would be like debating whether or not the sky is blue.

Whatever, Chris

As a graduate student in physics, I can say that yes, it is a well established scientific fact that CO2 gas is opaque to some frequencies of infra-red radiation. To debate that point would be like debating whether or not the sky is blue.

You know...I really get tired of debating faulty science funded by the damn U.N. The debate isn't over, the concensus isn't in. More, and more scientists are coming over to the fact that it isn't MAN made global warming. You, from a far left liberal academia university..or college, really have nothing to bring to this forum that will convince me.

Forum List

Back