former astronaut speaks out on global warming

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
SANTA FE, N.M. - Former astronaut Harrison Schmitt, who walked on the moon and once served New Mexico in the U.S. Senate, doesn’t believe that humans are causing global warming.

"I don’t think the human effect is significant compared to the natural effect," said Schmitt, who is among 70 skeptics scheduled to speak next month at the International Conference on Climate Change in New York.

Schmitt contends that scientists "are being intimidated" if they disagree with the idea that burning fossil fuels has increased carbon dioxide levels, temperatures and sea levels.

"They’ve seen too many of their colleagues lose grant funding when they haven’t gone along with the so-called political consensus that we’re in a human-caused global warming," Schmitt said.

Former astronaut speaks out on global warming - BostonHerald.com

SANTA FE, N.M. - Former astronaut Harrison Schmitt, who walked on the moon and once served New Mexico in the U.S. Senate, doesn’t believe that humans are causing global warming.

"I don’t think the human effect is significant compared to the natural effect," said Schmitt, who is among 70 skeptics scheduled to speak next month at the International Conference on Climate Change in New York.

Schmitt contends that scientists "are being intimidated" if they disagree with the idea that burning fossil fuels has increased carbon dioxide levels, temperatures and sea levels.

"They’ve seen too many of their colleagues lose grant funding when they haven’t gone along with the so-called political consensus that we’re in a human-caused global warming," Schmitt said.

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more with it. Chris, and rockhead will tell you that he's just an astronaut, and a right wing hack. Then they will give you 15 different sites to refute what Schmitt contends. But, it's a great article and does explain very well why those sites even exist. Glad you brought it fo.rward

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more with it. Chris, and rockhead will tell you that he's just an astronaut, and a right wing hack. Then they will give you 15 different sites to refute what Schmitt contends. But, it's a great article and does explain very well why those sites even exist. Glad you brought it fo.rward

Yeah? Well I don't believe that guy walked on the moon. It was all filmed in Hollywood.

jk

And there are geologists that still don't accept plate tectonics. Schmitt is simply wrong. And the Planetary Society is in line with the overwhelming number of scientists that have viewed the evidence. All the geological societys in the world accept the evidence that AGW is real and a clear and present danger. When an old scientist disagrees with the whole of his peers on a subject, he is almost always mistaken.

And there are geologists that still don't accept plate tectonics. Schmitt is simply wrong. And the Planetary Society is in line with the overwhelming number of scientists that have viewed the evidence. All the geological societys in the world accept the evidence that AGW is real and a clear and present danger. When an old scientist disagrees with the whole of his peers on a subject, he is almost always mistaken.

Del, I rest my case.

• Banned

of course, like galileo or copernicus

:rofl:

have some more kool-aid

have some more kool-aid

OK, stupid ass. It was the church that disagreed with Galileo and Copernicus, not fellow natural philosophers. Once again, your depths of ignorance are in evidence.

Del, I called it. Good thing you didn't take the bet:lol:

• Banned

have some more kool-aid

OK, stupid ass. It was the church that disagreed with Galileo and Copernicus, not fellow natural philosophers. Once again, your depths of ignorance are in evidence.

i love unintended irony. thanks, boob.

have some more kool-aid

rockhead...put on a hoodie, wear some Nike's, and drink the Kool-Aid...then just lie down and fall off to sleep.

Thank you for posting this. My husband found this article but failed to bookmark it so I never did read it. Once again, money speaks. And there's what, $400 million in the package for GW research? Hmmm, wonder how Al Gore's portfolio is doing these days?

Has he got an opinion on on the global financial crisis? :lol:

Yeah? Well I don't believe that guy walked on the moon. It was all filmed in Hollywood.

jk

Actually it was filmed one night in a paddock about sixty kilometres west of Oodnadatta. They edited out the cattle :D

Has he got an opinion on on the global financial crisis? :lol:

probably, everyone else does.
i think he makes valid points but he probably doesn't know what he's talking about because old rocks says so, though.

i mean whose word would you take, a guy with multiple advanced degrees who expresses some doubts about that which no one is sure (the causes of climate change) or a self proclaimed expert like old rocks? :razz:

Seriously, I wouldn't take any single comment on anything as being authoritative. I'd want some very good and disinterested corroboration. And evidence.

Well, except where I already agree with it.......:eusa_angel:

This guy is clearly a right-wing religious radical nutjob. The data shows that the planet has been cooling for at least a decade. There's even global warming on Mars! What a wacko.

My, my, our mythical physicist chimes in. Well, no, the warming on Mars is not global, it is regional, and has nothing at all to do with our present warming. Nor are we cooling. 11 of the warmest years on record in the last 150 have been in the last 13 years. That is harldly indictutive of a cooling trend. And here is what real physicists have to say;
Venus & Mars

Forum List

Back