former astronaut speaks out on global warming

"Not that the planet hasn’t warmed. We know it has or we’d all still be in the Ice Age,"--well I must say that convinces me, this poor man has been intimidated by politicians from sharing his wisdom with the world.

"Not that the planet hasn’t warmed. We know it has or we’d all still be in the Ice Age,"--well I must say that convinces me, this poor man has been intimidated by politicians from sharing his wisdom with the world.

i thought the post about your aunt's neighbor made much more sense than this one.

i found that recipe, i'll PM it to you later.

i thought the post about your aunt's neighbor made much more sense than this one.

Sweet!

btw, who are these scientists that have had their funding pulled because they don't believe global warming is contributed to by pollution? I hear this a lot but I've never seen a list of names. Have you?

My, my, our mythical physicist chimes in. Well, no, the warming on Mars is not global, it is regional, and has nothing at all to do with our present warming. Nor are we cooling. 11 of the warmest years on record in the last 150 have been in the last 13 years. That is harldly indictutive of a cooling trend. And here is what real physicists have to say;
Venus & Mars

Al Gore is a mythical physicist, you fuckhead.

Sweet!

btw, who are these scientists that have had their funding pulled because they don't believe global warming is contributed to by pollution? I hear this a lot but I've never seen a list of names. Have you?

no, but i'v never looked either.
i don't doubt that it happens to some extent, academia is as politicized and corrupt as any other field of human endeavor.

No way!

IMO, pollution kills people, plants and animals. It doesn't matter if it causes global warming or not. The effect it has on daily life is reason enough to limit it to the best of our ability.

No way!

IMO, pollution kills people, plants and animals. It doesn't matter if it causes global warming or not. The effect it has on daily life is reason enough to limit it to the best of our ability.

are you agreeing with me just to piss me off?
j/k

i guess the rub is in determining what the best of our ability is.

No way!

j/k

I knew you'd say that.

No way!

j/k

I knew you'd say that.

age has withered and custom staled my infinite variety?

damn, i hate when that happens.

My, my, our mythical physicist chimes in. Well, no, the warming on Mars is not global, it is regional, and has nothing at all to do with our present warming. Nor are we cooling. 11 of the warmest years on record in the last 150 have been in the last 13 years. That is harldly indictutive of a cooling trend. And here is what real physicists have to say;
Venus & Mars

When you reply to someone, make sure you click 'Quote' so that they know you are responding to their post. Based on the content of your post, I will assume that you were attempting to reply to me.

First off, why do you think I'm a 'mythical' physicist? I am, in fact, a Physicist with the degrees to prove it. You, on the other hand, just have a passing knowledge of the subject with no basis for understanding. You suffer from what is known as 'Arrogance from Ignorance'. In other words, you have a little bit of knowledge which has made you arrogant, yet you are completely ignorant of the subject. No matter. I have seen this many times in my life. You are certainly not the first.

There is a lot of information that the planet is cooling, but since you would rather try to prove your point first and then look at the data later, you don't see it. Many ignorant people do this, even some degreed scientists, so don't feel too bad. As we say in the business, "In God We Trust, all others bring data." I would recommend you look at the data first, but since that is not possible for an 'old rock' like you, I'll merely try to educate the young so that they don't make the same mistakes as you have made.

Global cooling articles:

January 2008 - 4 sources say “globally cooler” in the past 12 months « Watts Up With That?
Global Cooling? [1998-2005 data shows cooling trend]
World Climate Report » The Coming Global Cooling?

I enjoyed the link you posted:

Venus & Mars

It's a great history lesson. Everyone who is interested in Science should read it. However, it doesn't support anything you've said. As I said, it is merely a history lesson concerning the study of atmospheres of other planets.

Again, I realize there is no hope for you understanding the data since you have an agenda (or in your case, a religion) that you have chosen to follow, but perhaps people who are younger and/or more open-minded will be more open-minded to the Scientific Method.

Venus & Mars

When you reply to someone, make sure you click 'Quote' so that they know you are responding to their post. Based on the content of your post, I will assume that you were attempting to reply to me.

First off, why do you think I'm a 'mythical' physicist? I am, in fact, a Physicist with the degrees to prove it. You, on the other hand, just have a passing knowledge of the subject with no basis for understanding. You suffer from what is known as 'Arrogance from Ignorance'. In other words, you have a little bit of knowledge which has made you arrogant, yet you are completely ignorant of the subject. No matter. I have seen this many times in my life. You are certainly not the first.

There is a lot of information that the planet is cooling, but since you would rather try to prove your point first and then look at the data later, you don't see it. Many ignorant people do this, even some degreed scientists, so don't feel too bad. As we say in the business, "In God We Trust, all others bring data." I would recommend you look at the data first, but since that is not possible for an 'old rock' like you, I'll merely try to educate the young so that they don't make the same mistakes as you have made.

Global cooling articles:

January 2008 - 4 sources say “globally cooler” in the past 12 months « Watts Up With That?
Global Cooling? [1998-2005 data shows cooling trend]
World Climate Report » The Coming Global Cooling?

I enjoyed the link you posted:

Venus & Mars

It's a great history lesson. Everyone who is interested in Science should read it. However, it doesn't support anything you've said. As I said, it is merely a history lesson concerning the study of atmospheres of other planets.

Again, I realize there is no hope for you understanding the data since you have an agenda (or in your case, a religion) that you have chosen to follow, but perhaps people who are younger and/or more open-minded will be more open-minded to the Scientific Method.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

$owned.jpg

Come on you blokes, you're easily pleased if X gets you xsited that easily :lol:

Have a look at the scientific consensus on the topic. Consensus I wrote, that doesn't mean no objectors. In fact I'd be worried about a total acceptance of the cause of the phenomenon because I'd be smelling a damn big rat.

Now, where are your objections located?

Ideology? Religion? Just don't like all those liberal scientists? Scared?

Last edited:
Come on you blokes, you're easily pleased if X gets you xsited that easily :lol:

Have a look at the scientific consensus on the topic. Consensus I wrote, that doesn't mean no objectors. In fact I'd be worried about a total acceptance of the cause of the phenomenon because I'd be smelling a damn big rat.

Fact is D., that Al Gore stated that the "Consensus was in...Man is the cause of global warming." we're just saying that it's still up for debate, and the consensus isn't in. More and more scientists are switching sides, and stepping forward that there is faulty data.

The objections are clear: Look at the data. The problem is that people come to a conclusion and attempt to force any new data to conform to their conclusion while criticizing those who have valid objections. That's just what you're doing. Try to be a little more open-minded next time.

The objections are clear: Look at the data. The problem is that people come to a conclusion and attempt to force any new data to conform to their conclusion while criticizing those who have valid objections. That's just what you're doing. Try to be a little more open-minded next time.
YOU'RE QUOTING FREEREPUBLIC!!! :rofl:

Give it a rest. I'm quoting data. Those were just the 3 links that came up in a google search. Look at the data, not the religion.

Give it a rest. I'm quoting data. Those were just the 3 links that came up in a google search. Look at the data, not the religion.
Here's some data for you, kid...we haven't had a frost in five years. Before that, we had one on average every year.

Here's some data for you, kid...we haven't had a frost in five years. Before that, we had one on average every year.

Using your critieria...we've had record snowfalls the last 2 years where I live. Sooo....where does that put us Ravi????

Forum List

Back