Ford Raising Price on Popular F150 (EV) Pick up truck. (sales up 197%)

They say what I was doing is the worst thing you can do for the environment. Keep leasing a new gas powered car every 3 years. And the answer is not to get a battery powered car next year either. The answer is to buy my lease and run it into the ground. We should all be doing that. Imagine if all the people in America who lease a new car every 3 years instead purchased those cars and drove them for 10? That would be very environmentally friendly.

Then the next time you buy a car, buy a battery car. And hopefully they will have advanced a lot by then.
I drive a 2006 Toyota Highlander (6 Cyl, AWD, Ltd) with only 73,000 miles. I lived in NYC and only drove it on summer weekends most of the time.
Now I live in Florida and drive more often but it's a Great car with most people driving them twice that distance and then selling them.
Next car will probably be self-driving Electric in 5 years.
`

How totalitarian of you, you fucking Frostback scumbag. And EVs are nothing but glorified golf carts. I'll take my ICE power any day and twice on Sundays, Canuck.
Grow up. You'll find that you're less open to having others make you feel bad.

The only thing holding back EV sales are the well known supply chain problems which are worse than ever since the Russia/Ukraine war. Q2 was probably especially hurt as will Q3 will probably be

7/13/22

Again, ALL new vehicle sales are down due to lack of inventory.
...Sales of electrified vehicles – combined EVs, hybrids, and fuel-cell-powered vehicles – jumped to 442,740 in Q2, an increase of 12.9% from year-ago levels.
Electrified vehicles account for 12.6% of the U.S. market last quarter.

In Q2, EV sales accounted for 5.6% of the total market, an increase from 5.3% in Q1 and a Record high.
EV share in Q2 2021 was 2.7%.

For the short bus people

Again, ALL new vehicle sales are down due to lack of inventory.

For the short bus people
But no argument with MY EV numbers which hit a record in Q2, 22. Double the share of Q2 2021.
(so there is no "again" that's relevant after my numbers)
Also, supply chain with EVs and more chips, Li, etc May be worse.

`

But no argument with MY EV numbers which hit a record in Q2, 22. Double the share of Q2 2021.
(so there is no "again" that's relevant after my numbers)
Also, supply chain with EVs and more chips, Li, etc May be worse.
The numbers are off everywhere and EV sales is such a tiny number that it just doesn't matter.
OK, I just so happen to be the data guru of a large used car company that will sell between 75-85K vehicles in 13 states per year. Number of EVs sold: zero

It just isn't that big of a deal because the numbers are so small. You have to look at the percentages.

You go to a new car lot and you will find it empty. That is pretty much across the US.
They just don't have the inventory for ICE or EV.

The numbers are off everywhere and EV sales is such a tiny number that it just doesn't matter.
OK, I just so happen to be the data guru of a large used car company that will sell between 75-85K vehicles in 13 states per year. Number of EVs sold: zero

It just isn't that big of a deal because the numbers are so small. You have to look at the percentages.

You go to a new car lot and you will find it empty. That is pretty much across the US.
I posted the "percentages."
and you did not demonstrate the "numbers are off everywhere."
5.6% is not so "tiny it doesn't matter," especially when it's Double the previous year.
(Tesla has a much higher Market cap than all the other US automakers combined)

How many used EVs YOU sold is indeed irrelevant tho.
You are really quite the Massage artist/twister.
A used car salesman you say/admit?
`

Last edited:

EVs are simply too new to the market to produce any sort of supply of used vehicles. In 2021, 6.6 million new EVs were sold world wide. The US, which has not had the adoption rate seen in China (the biggest EV consumer on the planet) and Europe, but we bought 630,000 of them last year, many times your company's total sales.

EVs are simply too new to the market to produce any sort of supply of used vehicles. In 2021, 6.6 million new EVs were sold world wide. The US, which has not had the adoption rate seen in China (the biggest EV consumer on the planet) and Europe, but we bought 630,000 of them last year, many times your company's total sales.
They have been in the market for over a decade. I would say that hardly makes them too new to produce any sort of used vehicles.
People in the south, where we have the majority of our 155 lots just don't really want one.

Forum List

Back