The green doomsday cult.

• Banned
^ At the weekend, a video went viral of 21-year-old climate protester Maddie Budd pouring lighter fluid over her arm and, ill-advisedly though I suppose logically, setting light to it. She is then immediately – almost comically – shocked into consciousness by the subsequent pain. The self-immolation video emerged just after Budd had been filmed befouling a memorial to the late NHS fundraiser, Captain Sir Tom Moore, with liquid human excrement.

Maddie is precisely half, it seems, of ‘End UK Private Jets’, the latest mutant variant to sprout from Extinction Rebellion (XR). She and someone called Kai Bartlett have started setting themselves on fire in various locations to prove that they are either serious about climate change, or mentally ill. Maddie is now in custody, awaiting sentencing for the defacement of the monument to the nation’s best-loved centenarian pedestrian.

As with similarly madcap eco-protests by Extinction Rebellion and its splinter groups (Bartlett has also self-immolated on behalf of XR-offshoot Just Stop Oil), it hardly needs to be said that these measures are likely to prove alienating to the vast majority of people. That includes even those who are worried about climate change, and especially anyone who relies on any form of transport more power-assisted than that favoured by Sir Tom. These protests seem actively designed to provoke an angry reaction, a recoil, from anyone not already persuaded that we are going over the eco-precipice as we speak.

They are protesting in the streets of Germany today due to inflation. The forced destruction of a stable industry that made life affordable in replace of a rising technology rot with massive government funding and poor execution is turning citizens against their inept leaders.

As I said from day one, wait until winter hits. The West allowed compromised politicians to decimate their nations National Security. While Americas enemies look to replace the U.S dollar. These are REAL threats, not hyperbole.

Did you see the pictures of them gluing themselves to fine art paintings, and roads?
Yes, it was really funny when the cops came up and ripped them up off the pavement and it obviously hurt really BAD!!!!!!!! This is a great illustration of how stupid they are. Did they really believe that gluing themselves to the road was actually going to force the world to see things from their POV? That's hilarious.

And as for ruining fine art................................................. I own several pieces of fine art. This is my boiling point. They can go ahead and ruin what other leftist vermin call "art" these days. No big loss. Have at it. But touch ACTUAL art and you'll learn. Since they won't work and earn money, suing them is out, which only leaves the option of beating their asses to bloody shreds.

I support Extinction Rebellion's cause and am willing to donate a convenience store gas card and one dozen Bic lighters, if they'll douse themselves with gasoline and set themselves on fire.
Only if I get to work the Bic.

Yes, it was really funny when the cops came up and ripped them up off the pavement and it obviously hurt really BAD!!!!!!!! This is a great illustration of how stupid they are. Did they really believe that gluing themselves to the road was actually going to force the world to see things from their POV? That's hilarious.

And as for ruining fine art................................................. I own several pieces of fine art. This is my boiling point. They can go ahead and ruin what other leftist vermin call "art" these days. No big loss. Have at it. But touch ACTUAL art and you'll learn. Since they won't work and earn money, suing them is out, which only leaves the option of beating their asses to bloody shreds.

This one was in Rome.

You wouldn't know what art is if it hit you in the face.

Forum List

Back