The truth of the electric vehicle delusion........with key points from Canada...

Explain for us
so you want me to believe you,, some asshole on the internet thats edited my comments out of context and played stupid word games and admitted he hates EVs,, or a well known guy in the business thats actually done it and posted the proof,,,

guess which one I believe

so you want me to believe you,, some asshole on the internet thats edited my comments out of context and played stupid word games and admitted he hates EVs,, or a well known guy in the business thats actually done it and posted the proof,,,

guess which one I believe
Naw, here

EED3FB86-46CD-4F88-8269-481CB90754AE.png

So you don’t know shit

Last edited:
I still understand what you said. If your solar system has generated enough money to cover what you paid for it by not having to pay the electric company for that power, it has paid for itself, and anything generated by that system afterwards is basically free electricity.
No it is not free electricity. Eventually, the Solar cells will need to be replaced. Those solar cells are not going to be free.

The "delusion" associated with electric vehicles is only the attempt to make them synonymous with current unrealistic tastes in personal transportation. Small, light electric vehicles, from scooters, to bicycles to multi-passenger 'cars' already present convincing proof of utility and viability. The vehement opposition to them is just as silly as the insistence that every form of thermal engine must be eliminated on very short notice.

EV's in various forms have been around for a very long time and they haven't become more affordable, practical, desirable yet.
of course they have,, the range has increased the quality and reliability has increased,, and not all of them are 70K,, you can get some under 25K

and if youre not a wasteful egotistical american you can get them under 10K

Not economical to install Solar for car charge only. Low mileage around town (50 miles per week he says above?). That's 2gal max in a 4CY....$8/wk, $400 per yr. A 4CYL was ~$20K out the door in 2015. He says EV is only $25K now? Huh?

Not going to buy a costly EV (skeptikal over $25K quoted above? For what?) AND then add in a $10K-$100K solar system just to go to Walmart or Costco 1 weekend per month.

If an EV cant do a work or vacation commute (thru weather) it is not worth it.

Last edited:
I see little that is rational in this thread. Maybe it's just me.

The reason why the Tesla Model Y had the highest unit sales in the world for the first five months of this calendar year is because FOR MOST PEOPLE, the car combines comfort, features, performance, utility, and cost efficiency better than any other vehicle. I personally think it looks sort of dumpy, but I personally don't give a shit what my vehicle looks like.

FOR MOST PEOPLE, paying for the energy to propel that beast would be about 25% of the cost for a comparable ICE vehicle. This is because essentially all charging would be AT HOME, during overnight hours when the electric rate is lowest. MOST PEOPLE would be intelligent enough to use a charging protocol that both maximizes efficiency and maximizes battery life.

The batteries and motors on such cars will essentially last forever, if properly cared for. Even if you are one of those wacko's who keeps his car for ten years plus, by the time the battery needs replacement, you will be able to get it done at Pep Boys for three or four grand.

It's possible to imagine scenarios where an EV would be disadvantageous when compared to an ICE vehicle. Hell, with millions of them sold already, there are actual examples of people who have experienced nightmares with their EV's that simply would not have occurred if they had instead chose a fucking Toyota Corolla. WGAS?
So someone who keeps a vehicle over 10 years is a wacko? I ran my '96 Grand Cherokee for 22 years and to 340,000 miles before junking it.

Sounds to me like they are smarter, because they don't want a permanent car payment and don't waste precious resources by buying a new car every couple years.

Are the poor folks driving a 20 year old Honda also wackos?

I would like to also see a link of your claim that a Tesla replacement battery is only 3-4 grand when everything I see puts it closer to 16 grand. Not to mention that anyone getting a loan on a used EV certainly doesn't want to spend even a few thousand on a stupid overpriced battery made of toxic chemicals from open pit mines.

of course they have,, the range has increased the quality and reliability has increased,, and not all of them are 70K,, you can get some under 25K

and if youre not a wasteful egotistical american you can get them under 10K
And the U.S. government and some states use our hard earned tax money to give substantial tax credits--not deductions--to EV buyers as well as tax breaks for the manufactures. Just as with other forms of 'green energy', without those government subsidies, there would be little or no profit in providing that energy.

The lifespan of an EV battery, however, is estimated at around 100,000 to 150,000 miles or about eight years so we'll see how it all shakes out as these batteries need to be replaced at an average cost of $5,000 to $15,000. All of a sudden the EV doesn't look like such a great deal.

Also the world supply of lithium, cobalt, manganese, copper etc. that goes into these EV batteries is even more finite than is petroleum and we are by no means energy independent in any of those elements. Which of course is why the cost of an average EV vehicle will remain high for a very long time.

As for affordability, I suppose most who can afford a new car could afford one of these:
microlino-worlds-smallest-electric-car-6-1024x683.jpg

And the U.S. government and some states use our hard earned tax money to give substantial tax credits--not deductions--to EV buyers as well as tax breaks for the manufactures. Just as with other forms of 'green energy', without those government subsidies, there would be little or no profit in providing that energy.

The lifespan of an EV battery, however, is estimated at around 100,000 to 150,000 miles or about eight years so we'll see how it all shakes out as these batteries need to be replaced at an average cost of $5,000 to $15,000. All of a sudden the EV doesn't look like such a great deal.

Also the world supply of lithium, cobalt, manganese, copper etc. that goes into these EV batteries is even more finite than is petroleum and we are by no means energy independent in any of those elements. Which of course is why the cost of an average EV vehicle will remain high for a very long time.

As for affordability, I suppose most who can afford a new car could afford one of these:
microlino-worlds-smallest-electric-car-6-1024x683.jpg
the problems with the government and the quality of an EV are two different things,,

if people would stop voting for democrats and republicans we can solve one of those problems which removes the binders to fix the other one,,

Forum List

Back