For those who want to keep labelling the Tea Party movement racist...

As I said above, I don't care if they are denounced or not...I was merely commenting that this is what has been said by people and not that the tea party is racist.

Nice twisting of my words, dork.

Unintentional twisting of words. I was debating several at once. I apologize.

As for the dork comment. If that makes you feel good, go for it. I will not stoopto that level. I respect your views although I do not always agree with them.
If you don't want to be called a dork then don't say things like take your fucking racist card :lol:

Yeah. I see your point. I expressed my frustration with this topic in a childish way.
Fair enough.
I deserved it.

jarhead, stop being so sensitive. no one is calling you a racist. stop defending racists because they happen to be friends.

I have racist friends too. no big deal.

Really? That's one of two things I don't cotton to in my friendships. Hell, I won't even associate with relatives who are bigots.

It's all a matter of perspective and tolerance. The racists I know would never condone tying a black man to a truck bumper and dragging him to his death down a dark southern dirt road. I do not have to tolerate that kind of racist, mostly because I suspect they would not tolerate me. The racists I know are free to state their beliefs as long as they do not attack mine or my person.

I have no relatives who need to defend themselves because of a horrid past, and if I do, I am unaware of it.

I see a bit of irony in the standards being applied to Tea Party members.

In the bad old days of Real Racism, anyone with a speck of non-caucasian blood was considered not white. There were even specific terms for the degree of non-white blood (i.e., quadroon, octoroon).

And now we see the same standards applied to the Tea Party movement itself. One or two random people with racist signs somehow "taint" the entire movement, much the way an great great grandma of African ancestry was used to label "non-pure" individuals.What a wonderful celebration of diversity and tolerance on parade!

you do remember that the racist demonRats wanted to sabatoge the tea party early on? just like their unproven claims that "congressmen" were called the "N" word and spat up, there is no evidence if these sign exist that they weren't in fact taken to a rally by a demonRAt as proof of "racisim" just like the damn racist claim of MSNBC if a white disgruntled Repulican at a rally with a gun on his back? turns out the gentleman was black. but MSNBC cropped the shot to only show his thoracic region. I don't trust a demonRat to tell the truth ever.

jarhead, stop being so sensitive. no one is calling you a racist. stop defending racists because they happen to be friends.

I am not concerned about anyone calling me a racist.

It bothers me that peope use the race card to diminish the credibility of those they do not agree with.

Heck, the Obama camp used it on Bill Clinton and that pissed me off.

Fox News is implying the NBPP is a racist organizatn becuase of the recorded words of one man. THAT, too, pisses me off.

I may have friends that are racists, but they are smart enough to not let me know it.

The GOP Southern strategy is exactly this: "diminish the credibility of those they do not agree with" by playing the race card.

People in the the Obama camp did indeed use the race card against Clinton and others. It was shameful. Obama himself was upset with this. The SC (southern black woman) operative with the memo was the most public one.

But you are comparing one campaign to a party strategy. Fine, but you are also trying to say one is cover for another. Not fine.

I say the Obama campaign played the race card.

You deny what the Chairman of the GOP has publicly apologized for.

think about it. seriously. stop posting in this thread (only because it will clear your head) and think about it.

It bothers me that peope use the race card to diminish the credibility of those they do not agree with.

Fox News is implying the NBPP is a racist organizatn becuase of the recorded words of one man. THAT, too, pisses me off.

I may have friends that are racists, but they are smart enough to not let me know it.

The GOP Southern strategy is exactly this: "diminish the credibility of those they do not agree with" by playing the race card.

People in the the Obama camp did indeed use the race card against Clinton and others. It was shameful. Obama himself was upset with this. The SC (southern black woman) operative with the memo was the most public one.

But you are comparing one campaign to a party strategy. Fine, but you are also trying to say one is cover for another. Not fine.

think about it. seriously. stop posting in this thread (only because it will clear your head) and think about it.

Deny?

I am not GOP nor am I DEM.

Amd by no means do I say one covers for the other.

Deny?

:eusa_whistle:

Yeah yeah.....I know, I know.

And exactly how many southern democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act?

Give it a rest.

Those southern Democrats left the
Democratic party because their racism would not allow them to stay with the Democrats. They could not or would not do what Byrd did, apologize and move on. The Southern Democrats were welcomed into the open arms of a waiting GOP. It was when the GOP formed it's southern strategy.

It was all about the Southerners.

You do know where this is leading, don't you?

:lol:

Like I said...give it a rest.
There are racists in every group of people.
It is not a poarty thing. It is an individual's upbringing.
jarhead said:

like I said, think about it.

Find me one group of people, just one, that doesn't have a racist as a member and maybe, just maybe, this thread will be relevant...

After reading the above I find myself wondering how many here actually read the OP.

I read the OP, and perhaps my post mssed it's mark. The OP itself is not necessarily irrelevant. The ensuing discussion, on the other hand...

'tis true

<sigh>

Deny?

:eusa_whistle:

Like I said...give it a rest.
There are racists in every group of people.
It is not a poarty thing. It is an individual's upbringing.
jarhead said:

like I said, think about it.

Nope. Dont need to.

Sure you can take my words and assume I meant it all one way...or the other.

I know what I meant.

The issue is racism exists in all walks of life and in all groups. To eliminate racism will be impossible if different groups continually use the race card to diminish the integrity of those they disagree with.

Interesting. Though I'm not sure anyone has labeled the entire tea party racist but rather pointed out some supporters of the tea party movement are racist and that the tea party would be well advised to dismiss them from their ranks.

Me, I could care less...I say let people do what they want to do.

Yet nobody suggests that the NAACP or the New Black Panthers or the Color of Change should dismiss their supporters who have been identified as racists.

This morning I listened to Al Sharpton demand that the Tea Partiers denounce the racists in their midst. And when repeatedly asked to produce video footage of the 'racist remarks' at a Tea Rally, he dodged and weaved and refused to respond to that.

At our local events, when a Tea Partier showed up with a sign we thought was offensive or over the top, we asked them to put them away. Without exception they did. But when people NOBODY in the gathering knew showed up with highly racist and offensive signs, they not only refused to put them away, but they refused to give us their names, and they positioned themselves in front of the TV cameras every opportunity they could get.

So what would you conclude from that.

The Tea Partiers are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they defend themselves that they are not racist, they 'refuse to denounce racists in their midst.' If they do denounce 'racists in their midst', they ADMIT there are racists in their midst.

The Left is going to destroy the Tea Party movement if they can and they'll use any means necessary to do that. We can only hope it is strong enough to hold on.

I've posted this elsewhere, but it is worth a repeat:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZyVUS-TC2g]YouTube - Montage of Project 21 Members Denounce NAACP on "Beck"[/ame]

Nope. Dont need to.

I know what I meant.

The issue is racism exists in all walks of life and in all groups. To eliminate racism will be impossible if different groups continually use the race card to diminish the integrity of those they disagree with.

Racism does exist in all walks of life. But calling people who supported affirmative actions racists is down right stupid. Sure people make errors or programs get old and outdated, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The idea that people like Byrd and others are the racist liberals was always a cover for racists within the GOP.

Senator Byrd refused to do what the hard core racists did -- admit defeat and change. Yet GOPers will use Byrd's past racism as a cover.

The tea party had leaders who hold racist views. These leaders were mostly exposed. But many Tea Party messages are tinged with appeals to racist stereotype and fears.

Ignoring the elephant in the room -- race -- is what is needed to go along with some Tea Party messages.

Why stick up for the Tea Party? Why not just stick up for the individual messages you agree with? The Tea Party says nothing new and owns no message.

--

Integrity? there is very little integrity where anger, fear, and appeals to populism live.

FF...I could care less if everyone and their brother denounces the NAACP. I don't care if anyone thinks they are racist.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

FF...I could care less if everyone and their brother denounces the NAACP. I don't care if anyone thinks they are racist.

:clap2:

great. neither do I. What the NAACP is concerned with very rarely affects my life. I do wonder why some people are so hung up on the every word the NAACP utters.

Nope. Dont need to.

I know what I meant.

Racism does exist in all walks of life. But calling people who supported affirmative actions racists is down right stupid. Sure people make errors or programs get old and outdated, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The idea that people like Byrd and others are the racist liberals was always a cover for racists within the GOP.

Senator Byrd refused to do what the hard core racists did -- admit defeat and change. Yet GOPers will use Byrd's past racism as a cover.

The tea party had leaders who hold racist views. These leaders were mostly exposed. But many Tea Party messages are tinged with appeals to racist stereotype and fears.

Ignoring the elephant in the room -- race -- is what is needed to go along with some Tea Party messages.

Why stick up for the Tea Party? Why not just stick up for the individual messages you agree with? The Tea Party says nothing new and owns no message.

--

Integrity? there is very little integrity where anger, fear, and appeals to populism live.

I stick up for anyone or any group of people tha speak their mind and are criticized for it.

Here, on this board, the left loves to criticize the tea party and seeing as I am on this board, I chime in and defend them.

On this board a few weks ago, I defended Crists "leaving" the GOP even though I am more of a Rubio type of guy. I saw it as Crist staning up for his positions and he was willing to leave his party to promote them.

I stuck up for Sheehan even though I did not agree with ther approach. I, on this board, defended those students who protested Palin speaking at their campus...even though I am a conservative...or should I say....BECUASE I am a conservative!

A known racist telling me someone else is not a racist is no comfort.

I'm not barking up any tree.

I just think somebody defending the NAACP would serve them better if he didn't come across 1) as a hypocrite and 2) somebody parroting accusations about the Tea Parties that he can't back up.

So far as I know, however, there isn't any organized movement to discredit, diminish, marginalize, or destroy the NAACP. Nor has the Tea Party movement come out with any statements or criticism of the NAACP. But man oh man would the Left love to shut up and shut down the Tea Partiers.

Can you imagine the hue and cry and outrage from the left, most especially the black members of the left, if the Tea Party had issued a resolution calling on the NAACP to denounce or dismiss its racists? The Tea Partiers could come up with video footage to support their opinion, too. So far nobody in the NAACP has been able to do that.

Like you I shrug off most of the race baiting these days because 'racist' has become just another epithet used for name calling.

I do get so very tired of the double standard applied though.

Nope. Dont need to.

I know what I meant.

--

I stick up for anyone or any group of people tha speak their mind and are criticized for it.

Here, on this board, the left loves to criticize the tea party and seeing as I am on this board, I chime in and defend them.

On this board a few weks ago, I defended Crists "leaving" the GOP even though I am more of a Rubio type of guy. I saw it as Crist staning up for his positions and he was willing to leave his party to promote them.

I stuck up for Sheehan even though I did not agree with ther approach. I, on this board, defended those students who protested Palin speaking at their campus...even though I am a conservative...or should I say....BECUASE I am a conservative!

BECUASE I am a liberal!

I have posted the above many times on USMB and elsewhere. I defend the Tea Party members their rights. I do not defend deceit and denial of the mob. When people get in groups they often give up their personal identity for the group identity. If I were you, Id be very careful defending groups. I dislike most groups. I merely tolerate groups.

Individuals, I always try to defend. I have even defended what appeared to be the indefensible (though there are times some things are just indefensible even to me).

I just think somebody defending the NAACP would serve them better if he didn't come across 1) as a hypocrite and 2) somebody parroting accusations about the Tea Parties that he can't back up.

So far as I know, however, there isn't any organized movement to discredit, diminish, marginalize, or destroy the NAACP. Nor has the Tea Party movement come out with any statements or criticism of the NAACP. But man oh man would the Left love to shut up and shut down the Tea Partiers.

Can you imagine the hue and cry and outrage from the left, most especially the black members of the left, if the Tea Party had issued a resolution calling on the NAACP to denounce or dismiss its racists? The Tea Partiers could come up with video footage to support their opinion, too. So far nobody in the NAACP has been able to do that.

Like you I shrug off most of the race baiting these days because 'racist' has become just another epithet used for name calling.

But man oh man would the Left love to shut up and shut down the Tea Partiers.

if the Tea Party had issued a resolution calling on the NAACP to denounce or dismiss its racists?

2 statements -- wow!

Criticism = wanting to shut down and there are unnamed racists in the NAACP?

like I said -- wow!

btw, wtf is up with the video proof idiocy? :lol: looney tunes?

Last edited:

Huh...the Republicans have been trying to discredit the NAACP for years. Years.

The tea partiers should let it roll off their backs, just like the NAACP does.

Forum List

Back