For those who want to keep labelling the Tea Party movement racist...

we really should start a orginization of the naawp

You're too late. The Aryan nation / Neo-nazi movement is alive and well... and by the way, this country has always been organized for the advancement of white people (particularly men) from its inception and genocide of the native americans. What ELSE do you want???

OH BOY.:lol:

First it was derogatory names and when that didn't work so well they went with the race card.

Um, you guys came up with the "teabagger" label. It's not our fault that you weren't culturally savvy enough to know the alternate meaning. Then you get pissed when we giggle everytime we heard your "calls to battle". Seriously. You guys DO realize that we can remember all of the stuff you try to spin and rewrite, right?

First it was derogatory names and when that didn't work so well they went with the race card.

Um, you guys came up with the "teabagger" label. It's not our fault that you weren't culturally savvy enough to know the alternate meaning. Then you get pissed when we giggle everytime we heard your "calls to battle". Seriously. You guys DO realize that we can remember all of the stuff you try to spin and rewrite, right?

:lol:

Interesting. Though I'm not sure anyone has labeled the entire tea party racist but rather pointed out some supporters of the tea party movement are racist and that the tea party would be well advised to dismiss them from their ranks.

Me, I could care less...I say let people do what they want to do.

You see? Thats the problem.
The same people that are saying the tea party is unorganized and without leadership is saying that their leadership should dismiss the few bad apples from the Organization.

Exactly who should be the one to put out a press release? Who should "dismiss" the few....very few....racists?

I see you're laughing. Dare to dispute anything that I just posted? I'll wait.

Background

"Aryan Nations is one of the country's best-known enclaves of anti-Semitism and white nationalism. While founded as a Christian Identity outpost, the organization also incorporates neo-Nazi themes; its founder and longtime leader, Richard Girnt Butler, openly adulates Hitler. It is no surprise, then, that Aryan Nations has for many years had members in common with several other white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups and that the Aryan Nations compound at Hayden Lake has served as one of the central meeting points and rallying grounds of far-right extremists of all stripes."

Aryan Nations -- Extremism in America

Funny part is....NO ONE has to call them racist.

Nevertheless, people are and as a result it gives them an out from having to defend their other nutty views.

I wouldn't call having to defend Williams an "out", but OK.

Well, what he did was definitely racist and there's no reason not to point out that he's a prominent Tea Party leader, but it can be overdone and I think it has been at times. I mainly mean we shouldn't try to portray their opposition to the current POTUS and his party as primarily racial. It's too easy to deny and then deflect.

People are joking about the perception of a NAAWP and the certainty that such as group would be viewed as racist, but the NAACP operates openly without such criticism.

The very fact that people have this perception does indeed PROVE the point that many/most people in society ARE racist. What is so preposterous about an organization for promoting the interest of white people? During this past generation when there have been set-asides, quotas, etc for minorities, what is so outrageous about a group to protect the interests of white people? Further within the next generation, white people will become a minority compared to non-whites in this country.

Finally before I am labeled a racist for saying this, I am a minority myself.....

Interesting. Though I'm not sure anyone has labeled the entire tea party racist but rather pointed out some supporters of the tea party movement are racist and that the tea party would be well advised to dismiss them from their ranks.

The same people that are saying the tea party is unorganized and without leadership is saying that their leadership should dismiss the few bad apples from the Organization.

Exactly who should be the one to put out a press release? Who should "dismiss" the few....very few....racists?
No one will and since that is the case the tea party will continue to look as if it tolerates racists.

CUturally savvy enough?
OK.
Or maybe they just did not think that people would act like children and make fun of a name based on the "slang" version of the word?
Exactly when was the last time the Tea Party referred to themselves as Tea Baggers?

I see you're laughing. Dare to dispute anything that I just posted? I'll wait.

Background

"Aryan Nations is one of the country's best-known enclaves of anti-Semitism and white nationalism. While founded as a Christian Identity outpost, the organization also incorporates neo-Nazi themes; its founder and longtime leader, Richard Girnt Butler, openly adulates Hitler. It is no surprise, then, that Aryan Nations has for many years had members in common with several other white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups and that the Aryan Nations compound at Hayden Lake has served as one of the central meeting points and rallying grounds of far-right extremists of all stripes."

Aryan Nations -- Extremism in America

You better believe I'm laughing.
stating we should start an organization like the Naacp has and call it the Naawp, and you bring in the Aryan nations.

you damn right I'm laughing.

No one will and since that is the case the tea party will continue to look as if it tolerates racists.

You unsuccessfully diverted from the crux of my post.

Please tell me who should? Who is the "leader" of this "leaderless" group of racists that people like you seem to view them as?

People are joking about the perception of a NAAWP and the certainty that such as group would be viewed as racist, but the NAACP operates openly without such criticism.

The NAACP grew out of necessity during the civil rights movement. There was a NEED for advancing the cause of black people. As long as there is still discrimination, there will be an NAACP. Too bad the Native Americans never had as influential a mouthpiece.

You unsuccessfully diverted from the crux of my post.

Please tell me who should? Who is the "leader" of this "leaderless" group of racists that people like you seem to view them as?
The people that organize tea party events. The people that speak at them.

well black people call each other the "N" word too, so I guess following your logic the "N" word is perfectly acceptable term to apply

The NAACP grew out of necessity during the civil rights movement. There was a NEED for advancing the cause of black people. As long as there is still discrimination, there will be an NAACP. Too bad the Native Americans never had as influential a mouthpiece.

well, as a white person I feel your racism. so I needs me a NAAWP..

The very fact that people have this perception does indeed PROVE the point that many/most people in society ARE racist. What is so preposterous about an organization for promoting the interest of white people? During this past generation when there have been set-asides, quotas, etc for minorities, what is so outrageous about a group to protect the interests of white people? Further within the next generation, white people will become a minority compared to non-whites in this country.

Finally before I am labeled a racist for saying this, I am a minority myself.....

Such is why I get so frustrated when I hear democratic party memebers and supporters refer to the GOP party and supporters as racist in nature.

A party that purposely separates black from white as it pertains to their initiatives and "reasons" for initiatives calls the party that simply wants legislation that benefits all people equally as racists.

well black people call each other the "N" word too, so I guess following your logic the "N" word is perfectly acceptable term to apply

I like your logic. Please quickly go outside and find the largest black person you can and try it out. Please report back your findings.

I tried that argument, they of course ignored it.

Forum List

Back