For the moron's who think Terry Schaivo can't recover

OCA said:
God? I signed my exclusive contract with the Devil last week with a 500,000 signing bonus :dev1:

Nurses? Lets say we stick to medical professionals better known as doctors shall we? Nurses tend to get involved a little too personally.

Yes. It's funny to joke about pacts with satan. It won't be as funny as the demons tear your flesh for all eternity.

One doctor right now thinks she can be rehabbed. That refutes your "for fifteen years" argument. It's just as effective as the "natural and normal" argument.

OCA said:
God? I signed my exclusive contract with the Devil last week with a 500,000 signing bonus :dev1:

Nurses? Lets say we stick to medical professionals better known as doctors shall we? Nurses tend to get involved a little too personally.

Those nurses spent years working with and caring for her day ina day out, which gives them plenty of time to see how she responds to stimuli.......Doctors come in for what a five minute exam.

RWA don't be naive, all of a sudden now after fifteen years a doctor comes forward to say she can be rehabbed, funny what people will say or do for cold hard cash.

Did you just fall off the turnip truck today, never took you for being slow.

Bonnie said:
Those nurses spent years working with and caring for her day ina day out, which gives them plenty of time to see how she responds to stimuli.......Doctors come in for what a five minute exam.

Right......remember the definition of insanity.

Just examine the facts, not what someone says from emotion......i'm sorry but she is gone.

Bonnie I do have to tell you I admire your fight for life, really truely that is honorable, I just think your energies are misplaced here.

OCA said:
RWA don't be naive, all of a sudden now after fifteen years a doctor comes forward to say she can be rehabbed, funny what people will say or do for cold hard cash.

Did you just fall off the turnip truck today, never took you for being slow.

Being incredulous at every statement and concocting a simplistic hyperbolic scenario is not an effective arguing strategy.

rtwngAvngr said:
Being incredulous at every statement and concocting a simplistic hyperbolic scenario is not an effective arguing strategy.

Since you refuse to acknowledge fact and rely upon some sort of miracle fantasy scenario we'll just agree that i'm right(as usual).

Also i'm too disappointed in your throwing out of conservative principle like it was an old KFC box too even discuss with you right now.

dilloduck said:
I think that's why the libs are keeping a surprisingly low profile on this one.

Actually, I think it has more to do with the right wing republicans overreaching its grasp on this one. No need for liberals to take shots at them since they're already shooting themselves in the ass.

dilloduck said:
The lady was failed by her HUBBY who did not IMMEDIATELY follow her wish to die if this happened to her. Gross abuse of his guardianship duties !!!!!!!!

You're reaching for something which doesn't exist. They all had hopes for her recovery in the first months and years afterwards. But her husband awoke to the reality of the situation...Her parents didn't.

OCA said:
Since you refuse to acknowledge fact and rely upon some sort of miracle fantasy scenario we'll just agree that i'm right(as usual).

Also i'm too disappointed in your throwing out of conservative principle like it was an old KFC box too even discuss with you right now.

She was misdiagnosed bro. The husband pressured this diagnosis. Those are the facts, regardless of the court ignoring them.

As for your disappointment, it is unwarranted in light of my above statements.

Bonnie said:
Oh you better believe how many so called "loving spouses" there are out there waiting to buy that new yacht.
In light of that there most certainly needs to be law change!!! Great point!

If there's no living will in place, who do you think should make life and death decisions if not the spouse?

no1tovote4 said:
I have been consistently in favor of changing the laws in the States to reflect an admonition to err on the side of life if the patient's wishes could not be determined beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't live in FL but have contacted my State Reps in order to insure the law reflects this and if it doesn't to apply as much pressure as possible in order to get them to reflect this.

Don't you think there needs to be some regard given to quality of life also though?

MissileMan said:
If there's no living will in place, who do you think should make life and death decisions if not the spouse?

Blood family! Ones who won't care how helpess one becomes, who have no ulterior motives for a quick demise.
Parents& siblings first, if they are not around then the spouse. But Im sure after this it won't come to that in too many cases, hopefully people will make preparations in writing and select whomever they deem has their best interests at heart.

Bonnie said:
Blood family! Ones who won't care how helpess one becomes, who have no ulterior motives for a quick demise.
Parents& siblings first, if they are not around then the spouse. But Im sure after this it won't come to that in too many cases, hopefully people will make preparations in writing and select whomever they deem has their best interests at heart.

Then why get married at all? Why the hell do we have marriage if the spouse is nothing but a piss ant? I can't believe we are now going to redefine marriage laws based upon this one case.

The parents do not have her best interests at heart, it is out of pure selfishness. If they were truely benevolent and loving they would do the right thing and let her go meet her maker.

rtwngAvngr said:
She was misdiagnosed bro. The husband pressured this diagnosis. Those are the facts, regardless of the court ignoring them.

Misdiagnosed! Are you stoned! She's fucking brain dead! How the hell do you misdiagnose that? She doesn't know light from dark, water from oil, she don't know her own name.

Good lord why can't people understand that life is cruel, the prolonging and yearning for her to live her life in a perpetual vegetative state with no cerebral brain function is cruel and unusual punishment.

rtwngAvngr said:

I realize you think your opinions are facts, but can you post some links to back up these opinions?

Bonnie said:

So you are going to give your parents medical power of attorney instead of your husband?

OCA said:
Then why get married at all? Why the hell do we have marriage if the spouse is nothing but a piss ant? I can't believe we are now going to redefine marriage laws based upon this one case.

The parents do not have her best interests at heart, it is out of pure selfishness. If they were truely benevolent and loving they would do the right thing and let her go meet her maker.

Says you! They are privy to information and doctors who say otherwise even if judges are unwilling to listen. They are doing what any parent desperate to keep their child alive would do. If you don't agree with that okay, but don't judge their motives, accusations toward the husband's selfishness in this particular case are much more sensical. Im not saying every spouse wants to kill their spouse for money, but it exists in more cases than anyone seems to want to admit to.
And if you read my post i also said in my opinion a living will should be left up to the person to decide whether it be parents or spouse, or whomever.

This is all irrelevant anyway because Terri will be dead in a week or so, and her husband will have prevailed. So good for him I guess??

Bonnie said:
Says you! They are privy to information and doctors who say otherwise even if judges are unwilling to listen. They are doing what any parent desperate to keep their child alive would do. If you don't agree with that okay, but don't judge their motives, accusations toward the husband's selfishness in this particular case are much more sensical. Im not saying every spouse wants to kill their spouse for money, but it exists in more cases than anyone seems to want to admit to.
And if you read my post i also said in my opinion a living will should be left up to the person to decide whether it be parents or spouse, or whomever.

This is all irrelevant anyway because Terri will be dead in a week or so, and her husband will have prevailed. So good for him I guess??

And good for Terri, she will be with God instead of vegetating here on this hell hole we call earth.

I admit that they are acting normal for parents, normal which in this case means not wanting or not willing to accept reality concerning their daughter.

The laws i'm afraid concerning marriage and decision making are not going to change, this would invalidate marriage for the most part. How would you react if you found out your husband thought you were incapable of making a life altering decision concerning you? I mean there is supposed to be a loving bond, no?

I can tell you if I found out my wife did that i'd be out of there in a heartbeat.

MissileMan said:
So you are going to give your parents medical power of attorney instead of your husband?

Well Im not married at the moment so It would make sense for me to entrust my parents now. If I remarry I will think long and hard about this and make my decision at that time. I used to think the husband wife bond was the most sacred, I have since come to realize that in a situation in which a husband or wife becomes brain damaged, looses their looks, their body, their hair, and generally requires 24/7 care a spouse will be much more apt to move on to someone new, but parents are always your parents no matter what, and they don't care about looks, bedpans, sponge baths, and all the other inconveniences involved in taking care of their children, and they will fight to keep children alive. That's just my opinion, Im sure yours differs.

Bonnie said:
Well Im not married at the moment so It would make sense for me to entrust my parents now. If I remarry I will think long and hard about this and make my decision at that time. I used to think the husband wife bond was the most sacred, I have since come to realize that in a situation in which a husband or wife becomes brain damaged, looses their looks, their body, their hair, and generally requires 24/7 care a spouse will be much more apt to move on to someone new, but parents are always your parents no matter what, and they don't care about looks, bedpans, sponge baths, and all the other inconveniences involved in taking care of their children, and they will fight to keep children alive. That's just my opinion, Im sure yours differs.

If someone marries a loser who will leave you because of those things mentioned, well maybe that persons selection process needs to be looked into.

The laws concerning spousal decision making are not going to change, too much grey area, too much room for devaluing marriage. Almost like running to mommy and daddy everytine a husband and wife fight. Parents give their children away in marriage, they don't give them away as in giving a car away but they no longer are number 1 in the eyes of the law....and for a marriage to be successful it has to be that way.

Forum List

Back