For Or Against, Daylight Saving Time

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
it will start at 2:a.m. the second Sunday in March and last for 8 months until the first Sunday in November, with the exception of Hawaii and Arizona, who will remain on Standard Time. [ except for an Indian tribe in Arizona who uses it ]

In spite of the reasons for Daylight Saving Time, I am against it, preferring Standard Time. I don't always get what I want. :(

Are you for or against DST?

I'd be happy to have DST year round with the extra hour of light in the evening during the dead of winter instead of the AM.

it will start at 2:a.m. the second Sunday in March and last for 8 months until the first Sunday in November, with the exception of Hawaii and Arizona, who will remain on Standard Time. [ except for an Indian tribe in Arizona who uses it ]

In spite of the reasons for Daylight Saving Time, I am against it, preferring Standard Time. I don't always get what I want. :(

Tho it throws off my internal clock for a couple days, I'm indifferent to it, because it's just "always been". I am happier when it's still daylight out when I leave work at 5:30, tho.

As soon as I figure out what Doença Sexualmente Transmissível means I'll give you my answer.

I don't really care as we don't observe it.
The only reason the Navajo Nation does is so the entire rez is on the same time as Window Rock, the capital, which is in NM and does follow DST.
Here in the rest of the state, we just call that "Navajo time", which is different than "Indian time"
"Navajo Time" refers to their use of DST. "Indian time" refers to the appearance of not having a clock at all,(when i get there i get there) a condition also followed by several anglos as well.

FOR!!!!!

I didn't realize how important it was to me until I lived in Phoenix. After work, I'd go Mountain Biking. Without daylight savings time, that was one less hour I could spend on the mountain. People used to tell me to go in the morning, but I'm not a morning person. It was also a big deal when l was in the market for a house. It's amazing what an extra hour of light after work can do for you.

Make the change 30 min either way, depending,split the difference, and stop this stupid nonsense once and for all. :eusa_angel:

I don't really care as we don't observe it.
The only reason the Navajo Nation does is so the entire rez is on the same time as Window Rock, the capital, which is in NM and does follow DST.
Here in the rest of the state, we just call that "Navajo time", which is different than "Indian time"
"Navajo Time" refers to their use of DST. "Indian time" refers to the appearance of not having a clock at all,(when i get there i get there) a condition also followed by several anglos as well.

LOL..I guess I should have just said, Native American time..since I didn't know which tribe observed DST. Thanks for the info. :)

Against the 8 month DST. They changed it to about two weeks earlier and two weeks later a few years back. For the past two weeks or so it's been getting light out at 6am and staying light till 6pm. Why don't they leave it alone until the end of March, like they used to? When the clocks get moved next weekend it will be another 3 or 4 weeks before it's light at 6am again. It's hard enough getting up during the week but when the kids leave and it's still dark out? No. In the fall they moved it back just enough so that DST is still in effect on Halloween. The trick or treaters start out between 5:30 and 6pm and it's still light. Trick or treating is strictly a 'do in the dark' activity . . . . waaaay more fun.

DST is for an economic boost. That is all.

The more daylight one has after work the more one will spend.

why do you think they extended it when the economy started south?

For it, purely on the basis that (a) I'm used to it, and (b) other countries do it so changing it unilaterally in the US would be silly.

You are in America, savings?

You need daylight credit time. Think of it, it is a cold and dark day on December 26th, you don't get the day off for Boxing day, and you really could use an extra hour of daylight. So you charge it and then pay it back latter, say in mid June when there is plenty of daylight. You only have to pay back nine hours.

The laws of physics and the nature of the sun prevent this you say?

Never under estimate the power of THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE to get at your money and suck up all light.

They are like black holes really.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back