Daylight Saving Time

You know the original reasoning behind it was to aid farmers.
Not so. Farmers don't work by the clock--they work until the work is done. The original reason for DST was to save energy during WWI. Read all about it. The Real Reason Why Daylight Saving Time Is a Thing

LOL! As I was resetting all my clocks this morning, I saved for last the one I have the most trouble figuring out how to do. For some reason, I noticed a tiny toggle switch I don't recall ever seeing before, labelled in tiny letters, "DST". Holy shit! One little click! Not a new clock or anything -- have owned it for about 6 years!

My face is red.

LOL! As I was resetting all my clocks this morning, I saved for last the one I have the most trouble figuring out how to do. For some reason, I noticed a tiny toggle switch I don't recall ever seeing before, labelled in tiny letters, "DST". Holy shit! One little click! Not a new clock or anything -- have owned it for about 6 years!

My face is red.

We got all of ours reset just in time for the power to flicker--had to reset about half of them again. LOL

Not so. Farmers don't work by the clock--they work until the work is done. The original reason for DST was to save energy during WWI. Read all about it. The Real Reason Why Daylight Saving Time Is a Thing
Ahh. Thought it was something along.those lines. Thanks.

Started during WW1 and more about tradition than fact. I kind of like it though because it give the illusion of a longer day.

Back in 1974 during the energy crisis (the crisis created by the Arab oil embargo and the notion that the world was allegedly running out of oil as opposed to the energy crises democrats currently create to destroy the economy and the middle class) DST was suddenly implemented in January because they believed it would reduce energy demand.
The sun was coming up during first period as kids caught school buses in the AM dark. Disaster.

People in areas that observe Daylight Saving Time (DST) will set their clocks forward one hour from 02:00 (2 am) to 03:00 (3 am) local time on March 10, 2024.
Standard time, also known as winter time, will resume on Sunday, November 3, 2024.

View attachment 914884

Comment:
The Spring Forward one hour adjustment is the worst one.
The sun rises later, and the sun sets later.
Clocks move forward tomorrow. Do you know what that means for the UK?

We will lose one hour of rain.

Forum List

Back