For everyone who is ashamed of our country.....

Okay, time for clarification.

If anyone says "I am ashamed of our country.....," I don't think they actually mean the country, nation, the land itself. I'm pretty sure what they mean is they're ashamed of her current crop of citizens, occupants, dear leaders, dear voters, the sheople.

I love America and how she was when I arrived, was born here. But, I can't stand all these damn hopelessly unmotivated underachieving parasites and crybabies that are now swarming across America. We've been overrun with a tard infestation. That's what I mean when I say I'm ashamed of americans, and most humans too. I'm ashamed to be of the same species lately. Some of you humans are embarrassing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCbOEZ8c8dM]Simon and Garfunkel- America - YouTube[/ame]

Blilnd patriotism allows one to be used against their and their countrys best interests.
Always question and try to improve things.

I think ive made it abundantly clear im not blind to reality. A bit partisan? Yep. But certainly not blind.

I usually just post random rock music when ive had a few.

I find it really strange that music that inspires me to be more involved with my country evokes such hate and negativity. I think that speaks more to the respondents than it does me.

Blilnd patriotism allows one to be used against their and their countrys best interests.

I think ive made it abundantly clear im not blind to reality. A bit partisan? Yep. But certainly not blind.

I find it really strange that music that inspires me to be more involved with my country evokes such hate and negativity. I think that speaks more to the respondents than it does me.

So it does; I see no votes for countries any American wants to move to.

I like the chorus line. Not really a country fan but I heard it a couple years ago at a fireworks display and it stuck.

All of it, including the chorus, is about a woman who kills herself and her abusive husband, as told by their little girl who gets sent to the orphanage after Mom burns down the house with herself and Dad inside it. Nothing whatsoever to do with patriotism.

Have you ever listened to the lyrics?

LOL ... a song of bitter irony. Granted it's more about being angry at America, as a opposed to being merely ashamed, but ...

The man in the song is Vet, remember?

Heh... yep. A guy gets in trouble with the law, is forced into the military, loses his job AND his brother to the war. And he's pissed about it. There's friggin national pride alright!

LOL ... a song of bitter irony. Granted it's more about being angry at America, as a opposed to being merely ashamed, but ...

The man in the song is Vet, remember?

Heh... yep. A guy gets in trouble with the law, is forced into the military, loses his job AND his brother to the war. And he's pissed about it. There's friggin national pride alright!

More about the treatment of Vets. "I'M A COOL ROCKING DADDY IN THE USA".

Last edited:
I have to ask: what does Martina McBride's "Independence Day" have to do with being proud of our country?

I like the chorus line. Not really a country fan but I heard it a couple years ago at a fireworks display and it stuck.

All of it, including the chorus, is about a woman who kills herself and her abusive husband, as told by their little girl who gets sent to the orphanage after Mom burns down the house with herself and Dad inside it. Nothing whatsoever to do with patriotism.

I like the song, but it is as you say, about independence from an abusive husband. It plays on the name for the 4th of July, but it really has nothing to do with America's independence.

Still a good song especially if you like Country Music.

Immie

I have to ask: what does Martina McBride's "Independence Day" have to do with being proud of our country?

Sounds like the reason I dont like country music. Its too depressing.

Hate and negativity?

like this one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkhbpeL-8sY]Roseanne sings the National anthem - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry could not pass that one up :D

Music does not inspre my patriotism, what my country does or does not do does though.

I am ashamed of our preemptive invasion and occupation of Iraq based on mistakes at best and lies/deception at worst.

Last edited:

Too much analysis spoils the emotions. I still nobody wanting to load up & head to Syria though.....

Too much analysis spoils the emotions. I still nobody wanting to load up & head to Syria though.....

Hey, at least with Country you can hear and understand the lyrics. They tell a story. Most rock, all you can hear is some dude screaming in a mic and the only way to tell what the stinking song is about is to read the lyrics on some website.

I can't stand when all the artist does is scream.

Immie

It's actually kind of "circular".

Republicans are ashamed of America and I'm ashamed of Republicans.

This is a group that let Americans die after Katrina.

They put survivors into carcinogenic trailers.

They are the laughing stock of the whole world.

The have proposed 42 changes to the constitution since Obama took office.

They let Bin Laden go.

They say education is for snobs.

They are anti science, women, minorities, gays, scientists, atheists, Muslims, the list is endless.

Republicans are the worst America has to offer. Seriously. I keep asking for their contributions. For what they do for the country and none of you can come up with anything after 1980.

All you do is call names. But it's OK. I understand why you do that. It's all you have.

That is why I love "This Land is Your land, This Land is My Land", so much.

It's actually kind of "circular".

Republicans are ashamed of America and I'm ashamed of Republicans.

This is a group that let Americans die after Katrina.

They put survivors into carcinogenic trailers.

They are the laughing stock of the whole world.

The have proposed 42 changes to the constitution since Obama took office.

They let Bin Laden go.

They say education is for snobs.

They are anti science, women, minorities, gays, scientists, atheists, Muslims, the list is endless.

Republicans are the worst America has to offer. Seriously. I keep asking for their contributions. For what they do for the country and none of you can come up with anything after 1980.

All you do is call names. But it's OK. I understand why you do that. It's all you have.

Where DO you invent this conclusions? Do you have a HATE laboratory?

Forum List

Back