Flying the US Flag Upside Down

Gawd you're stupid. It also symbolizes a nation in distress.

No. That is what you and others claim. It is not true and has never been true. This nation is not in distress or the order would have been given to fly the flag upside down.

Why do some conservatives try to out-stupid liberals?

Good gawd another dip shit, people fly it to symbolize a nation in distress. They have for decades

Ya done went and out "stupided" yourself.

Once again your liberal tendencies bubble to the surface. Rock is correct. This is the federal government talking, not your father (whose service I respect):

ITHE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE
Title 4, Chapter 1

§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

OMFG THINK!!!....I SAID people do it to symbolize a nation in distress. You and Rock are too freaking stupid to grasp it. They have for like....well decades

Thanks for your opinion. Noted. I'm not sure we have much to talk about, you and I.[/QUOTE]

Who cares? You're too stupid to grasp what is being said

What makes our flag so great is that it represents a country where you are allowed to protest against the flag

That is what freedom is all about

It's not just a flag. That flag represents the people of the United States. That flag represents a free country. That flag represents our military and strength.

If you really want to protest the US and all that we stand for, the best way to do that is move to another country.

Very true

That flag represents our values.....freedom, liberty, free speech the right to protest

The greatest statement to be made of our flag is the freedom to protest using the flag

Like everything else leftists abuse something to the point that it's original meaning is lost.

Racism no longer actually means racism. Now it means a butthurt leftist is on the warpath and unable to articulate his opinion.

An upside down flag is supposed to signify someone who is in distress & needs help. But now it means the exact same thing as racist (see above)

Sad to see, but y'know, if we'd all just get the fuck over ourselves and start talking and listening to each other, we could solve a lot of problems pretty quickly.

Then this wouldn't be an issue.
I agree but darned if this particular form of protest doesn't irritate the living crap out of me. I recognize it's their right though.

Sometimes freedom of speech can be a royal pain in the ass. This upside down flag thing goes hand in hand with the NFL players refusing to stand when the national anthem is played. There's a lot of things wrong with this country, past and present, no doubt about that. But there's a lot of good things about this country too. And at least it's a peaceful protest, nobody is getting hurt or property destroyed.

Maybe, but what gets me is every time liberals get upset, they do something un-American. Oh, they will argue with you until next year that what they are doing is not anti-American, but it is.

I think it's just the fact that the nature of a liberal is to be a trouble maker.

One man's trouble-maker could be another man's patriot. I'm sure many people in England thought the colonists in America were trouble-makers, even some of our own people thought that. Depends on your point of view I guess; many of these 'liberals' are in fact trouble-makers, I'm sure of that. Maybe some are even paid trouble-makers, bused in to stir up trouble and start a disturbance or a fight to get on the TV news cycle. They're not really liberals, they're just hoodlums. But a lot of them are trying to address what they see as social injustice, seeking to right past wrongs and gain possible redress or change. I get it; don't much like it but I get it, sometimes talking gets you nothing so you resort to more drastic action to draw attention to your cause. Not sure that choice works out all that well though, for the most part all I see is a country and people that are more divided than before. All that has really been accomplished is driving up the fear and animosity.

That's all fine and dandy, but if you disagree with the direction of our country, we created ways to change it.

If you can't change anything, it means you are in the minority. It means that the majority happen to like the way certain issues are dealt with.

For instance I stand by our police. I think they should be allowed to use deadly force to subdue a person that they believe threatens their safety or life. Most Americans feel the same way. Disrespecting our flag or anthem is only trying to cause a problem while insulting most people in the country.

Sure, all that is true but people still have a right to disagree with what the majority is doing and they have a right to say so. Unfortunately, many of them in the minority choose to exercise that right to speech in a particularly disrespectful manner that the rest of us don't like. Seems to be increasingly disrespectful recently, it'll be interesting to see what happens in the next few elections. Will the Democrats pay a price at the ballot box? Too bad the GOP is doing such a shitty job of governance now that they've got control of Congress and the White house, maybe they'll pay a price for malfeasance. Man, we need a 3rd choice right now.

I happen to personally believe this is the Republican parties last shot. If they play the same games they've always played, it may be time for the conservatives to leave the party and start our own.

We sent them a message by nominating Trump and then ushering him into the White House. If they don't want to listen after that, then there is nothing they'll listen to.

I hope it doesn't turn out that way. I hope McCain gets deathly ill and can't vote, and we finally repeal Commie Care, and I don't care what's in it's place afterwards. I hope we see real tax reform, defunding of all liberal organizations, and start repaying the debt. I hope we see a wall even if it means allowing the Democrats to play their political games by shutting down the government. I hope we see all these things and more.

Your list of hopes contains some mean wishes.

Sad to see, but y'know, if we'd all just get the fuck over ourselves and start talking and listening to each other, we could solve a lot of problems pretty quickly. Then this wouldn't be an issue.
I agree but darned if this particular form of protest doesn't irritate the living crap out of me. I recognize it's their right though.
Yeah, I hate seeing the flag burned, too, but I'll defend it.

Speaking of the flag, there is a growing acceptance of flying the flag upside down as a protest. This is reprehensible. For those of you who served in the military, you know that this has a very special meaning, and although I generally support pretty much any lawful and peaceful protest, the first time I saw this (2000 when Bush supporters in Palm Beach were clamoring outside of the vote count place some people were holding upside down flags) I nearly jumped out of my freaking chair.

Now it is more accepted as a protest against President Trump. I see it everywhere and it is incredibly irritating. I don't particularly care for the President, but flying the flag upside down is to me, a bridge too far. There is even a law about it, a federal law (more like a code of conduct, really). Why wasn't it enforced in 2000 and why is it not enforced now? Again, I'm all for free speech, but you don't have the right to scream "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theater.

THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE
Title 4, Chapter 1

§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

What do you vets think?

I don't believe there is a growing acceptance for doing this. They have, however, the right to do this and I disagree with them 1000 percent.

There is a bright side to this. When they advertise just how stupid they are with a stunt like this, it saves us all the trouble of trying to figure out who they really are. Time is precious, don't you know.

Yes, there is a bright side to this, and that is America sees what they stand for, and hopefully many do not want to be part of it. 2018 is right around the corner.

Be offended all you want, It's what conservatives do best.

Yeah, it's what we do best. I guess that's why we are going all over America destroying statues--because it's what we do best......
You people have it all in a political sense but you still cannot do a damned thing except whine. As to the memorials we are again talking about symbols vs. what those symbols mean. If those memorials to the confederacy ever meant anything positive it has been erased by the relative few who still treasure them. In the here and now those old memorials mean nothing more than what those who want to keep them around want them to mean. Think what the swastika used to mean before the nazis, it is now irretrievably a symbol of evil rather than the good luck symbol it used to be.

Back to the topic. What does the flag mean to many these days simply because horrible people are wrapping their fascism in it?

Oh, I see. So what you're saying is that confederate solder statues and the confederate flag have a meaning to people, but the United States flag does not?

The confederate flag cannot be used to express ones freedom of speech but the US flag can?

Sorry, but that's total hypocrisy. If symbols are merely articles and should be ignored, then it should apply to all. It should not apply only to the left and what they deem offensive.

Yeah, it's what we do best. I guess that's why we are going all over America destroying statues--because it's what we do best......
You people have it all in a political sense but you still cannot do a damned thing except whine. As to the memorials we are again talking about symbols vs. what those symbols mean. If those memorials to the confederacy ever meant anything positive it has been erased by the relative few who still treasure them. In the here and now those old memorials mean nothing more than what those who want to keep them around want them to mean. Think what the swastika used to mean before the nazis, it is now irretrievably a symbol of evil rather than the good luck symbol it used to be.

Back to the topic. What does the flag mean to many these days simply because horrible people are wrapping their fascism in it?

Oh, I see. So what you're saying is that confederate solder statues and the confederate flag have a meaning to people, but the United States flag does not?

The confederate flag cannot be used to express ones freedom of speech but the US flag can?

Sorry, but that's total hypocrisy. If symbols are merely articles and should be ignored, then it should apply to all. It should not apply only to the left and what they deem offensive.
Nobody is restricting you from waving the confederate flag
You just can't force the government to do it

Oh please, people have been attacked by the left for waiving the confederate flag. Local governments have removed them because the snowflakes got upset. Even Walmart quit selling them. Don't tell me nobody is restricted.

No. That is what you and others claim. It is not true and has never been true. This nation is not in distress or the order would have been given to fly the flag upside down.

Why do some conservatives try to out-stupid liberals?

Good gawd another dip shit, people fly it to symbolize a nation in distress. They have for decades

Once again your liberal tendencies bubble to the surface. Rock is correct. This is the federal government talking, not your father (whose service I respect):

Title 4, Chapter 1

OMFG THINK!!!....I SAID people do it to symbolize a nation in distress. You and Rock are too freaking stupid to grasp it. They have for like....well decades

I can say that SassyIrishLass is a beautiful woman for decades, but if you have a face that makes a train take a dirt road, that doesn't make it right!

You claim it has been done for decades. I have yet to see any indication of that being true except the occasional appearance in a lefttard protest.

Good greif, why do you think I take your crap serious? Our 14 year old twins would slay you in debate...they make it a habit of eating educators alive...a public fool like you would be child's play to them

You didn't understand what was being said and now you're back pedaling, It's noticed[/QUOTE]

The fact you think I am backpedaling means you never understood what you read. If your children are so good at debate it means you married above your social level.

I am not the only other poster who calls you out on your BS. That should be a sign that you are being a horse's ass for the purpose of being a horse's ass.

Your reputation is damaged by your conduct. Have a nice day!

Title 4, Chapter 1

I can say that SassyIrishLass is a beautiful woman for decades, but if you have a face that makes a train take a dirt road, that doesn't make it right!

You claim it has been done for decades. I have yet to see any indication of that being true except the occasional appearance in a lefttard protest.

Good greif, why do you think I take your crap serious? Our 14 year old twins would slay you in debate...they make it a habit of eating educators alive...a public fool like you would be child's play to them

You didn't understand what was being said and now you're back pedaling, It's noticed

The fact you think I am backpedaling means you never understood what you read. If your children are so good at debate it means you married above your social level.

I am not the only other poster who calls you out on your BS. That should be a sign that you are being a horse's ass for the purpose of being a horse's ass.

Your reputation is damaged by your conduct. Have a nice day![/QUOTE]

You're a prime example of a dimwitted "educator" Accept what you say as fact, do not challenge you....they'd kick your stupid totalitarian ass

I hope your children are not home schooled because apparently you cannot read. That website agrees with me 100% and indicates you are an under-educated loudmouth with a reading disability.

Read it again for possible penetration, or have one of your kids read it to you. Hopefully, they didn't inherit that trait from you.

"Many will tell you that an upside down American flag means “the country is in distress.” The US Flag Code allows this use of the flag in situations of “dire distress,” but the intention was distress as in immediate danger to life and limb, such as your ship is sinking at sea, an SoS signal. It does not explicitly sanction use of the flag in this way at political rallies, where no person or property is in any real immediate distress or danger. This is a political extension of the meaning and therefore not in accordance with the flag code. It is just gratuitous abuse of the flag, in order to express a political message".

Speaking of the flag, there is a growing acceptance of flying the flag upside down as a protest. This is reprehensible. For those of you who served in the military, you know that this has a very special meaning, and although I generally support pretty much any lawful and peaceful protest, the first time I saw this (2000 when Bush supporters in Palm Beach were clamoring outside of the vote count place some people were holding upside down flags) I nearly jumped out of my freaking chair.

Now it is more accepted as a protest against President Trump. I see it everywhere and it is incredibly irritating. I don't particularly care for the President, but flying the flag upside down is to me, a bridge too far. There is even a law about it, a federal law (more like a code of conduct, really). Why wasn't it enforced in 2000 and why is it not enforced now? Again, I'm all for free speech, but you don't have the right to scream "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theater.

THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE
Title 4, Chapter 1

What do you vets think?
Scum of the fucking earth liberal cocksuckers.

Brave men in combat fly the national ensign upside down as a distress signal when their fire base is about to be overrun. These pukes flying it in protest are worthy of a jungle boot in the fucking face.

I hope your children are not home schooled because apparently you cannot read. That website agrees with me 100% and indicates you are an under-educated loudmouth with a reading disability.

Read it again for possible penetration, or have one of your kids read it to you. Hopefully, they didn't inherit that trait from you.

"Many will tell you that an upside down American flag means “the country is in distress.” The US Flag Code allows this use of the flag in situations of “dire distress,” but the intention was distress as in immediate danger to life and limb, such as your ship is sinking at sea, an SoS signal. It does not explicitly sanction use of the flag in this way at political rallies, where no person or property is in any real immediate distress or danger. This is a political extension of the meaning and therefore not in accordance with the flag code. It is just gratuitous abuse of the flag, in order to express a political message".

Every time you say that "i hope your children are not home schooled" you redundant ass. They attend private schools away from jack wads like you

Again you insufferable jackass I never said I disagreed with it, agreed with it or even said if it was legal or illegal I SAID some people fly it upside down to symbolize a nation in distress.

Get it yet, you fucking ignorant loon? Or will you continue to look stupid trying to make it as though I said something I didn't?

Oh please, people have been attacked by the left for waiving the confederate flag. Local governments have removed them because the snowflakes got upset. Even Walmart quit selling them. Don't tell me nobody is restricted.

No one would care if you flew the Confederate flag upside down. A white flag looks the same either way.

No one would care if you flew the Confederate flag upside down. A white flag looks the same either way.

You don't have to fly it upside down for them to get upset and demand it's removal. Just letting it fly period was enough for liberals to silence that freedom of speech.

Southern cities removing Confederate flags to make tourists comfortable

Confederate emblem removed at U.S. Capitol

Confederate flag removed from South Carolina capitol in victory for activists

Tempers Flare Over Removal of Confederate Statues in New Orleans

Confederate flag removed from toppled statue in Durham

But OH! To burn the American flag or turn it upside down in protests, it's silly. It's freedom of speech according to the left. It's okay because you are allowed to express yourself.

"Folks, liberals have two sets of rules: one set for them, and another set for the rest of us."
Rush Limbaugh

These scum need a good old fashioned beating.

If you want to protest Trump, hold a picture of HIM upside down! But don't disparage my nation's flag that countless thousands have fought and died to protect. Liberties are not UNLIMITED. It's bad enough for an enemy, but what could be more disgusting than a US Citizen disparaging the very flag that keeps him free?

To me, it is an act of sedition that should call for immediate 30 days in jail on the first offense and thereafter, total loss of citizenship and expulsion from the country, never to return again. Take nothing with you but your ass.

These scum need a good old fashioned beating.

If you want to protest Trump, hold a picture of HIM upside down! But don't disparage my nation's flag that countless thousands have fought and died to protect. Liberties are not UNLIMITED. It's bad enough for an enemy, but what could be more disgusting than a US Citizen disparaging the very flag that keeps him free?

To me, it is an act of sedition that should call for immediate 30 days in jail on the first offense and thereafter, total loss of citizenship and expulsion from the country, never to return again. Take nothing with you but your ass.

Those who display the American flag upside down are douchebags.

Forum List

Back