Flip Flopping Trump wants to raise minimum wage

He said he'd consider it. He hasn't taken a final stnce on it yet. So you angry greedy white Republican dudes can chill out. You're still getting away with shitting on American Workers.

I still contend that it would be brilliant. It would either take the issue away from Hillary or force her to move so far left that no sane person could support her (what am I saying, no sane person would support her now)

Why is saying that you havent made your mind up on a topic so shocking to you ideological types?

Ideological? LOL I'm the complete opposite of ideological. Well, unless supporting freedom is an ideology.

So you leave me even more confused; why is having ones mind still open on the topic of minimum wage so shocking to you?

What about the minimum wage is hostile to freedom?

How do we have free markets if no one is making enough money to participate in those markets?

He said he'd consider it. He hasn't taken a final stnce on it yet. So you angry greedy white Republican dudes can chill out. You're still getting away with shitting on American Workers.

I still contend that it would be brilliant. It would either take the issue away from Hillary or force her to move so far left that no sane person could support her (what am I saying, no sane person would support her now)

Why is saying that you havent made your mind up on a topic so shocking to you ideological types?

Ideological? LOL I'm the complete opposite of ideological. Well, unless supporting freedom is an ideology.

So you leave me even more confused; why is having ones mind still open on the topic of minimum wage so shocking to you?

What about the minimum wage is hostile to freedom?

How do we have free markets if no one is making enough money to participate in those markets?

I have no idea what you are asking me. You seem to be suggesting that I think it's bad that Trump might support a minimum wage increase. I think it's good, and further I myself support an increase in the minimum wage. I think it should be somewhere between $10-11 an hour and be tied directly to inflation so that this argument is over. Inflation moves up, so does the minimum wage, done and done.

get

I have no idea what you are asking me. You seem to be suggesting that I think it's bad that Trump might support a minimum wage increase. I think it's good, and further I myself support an increase in the minimum wage. I think it should be somewhere between $10-11 an hour and be tied directly to inflation so that this argument is over. Inflation moves up, so does the minimum wage, done and done.

I was axing for clarification, and you have now given it.

Thank you very much.

I think Minimum Wage should be gradually brought back to its 1970 level of about $20 an hour in 2016 dollars.

So my next question is, Why are you such a Reactionary lightweight on the Minimum wage? :D

Mr Trump will wind up adjusting his position on 95% of the statements he made to get the nomination, and keep his angry supporters ANGRY.
Thats a good joke.

Anything serious to add to the thread?

other than how Trump duped the dupes?

no, that's about it.

Ah, so it is one of those 'Its gotta be stupid since I cant understand it' thingies?

Mmmkk, thanks.

ok pal, you tell me how he's going to send 15 million people back to Mexico and keep the economy in tact. 15 million people spend a ton of money and keep the doors open on a lot of businesses ....

You really shouldnt get your news off of Comedy Central, jack ass.

Give the sources of those factoid lies along with the actual surveys themselves, or be just another liar. There are explanations, clarifications and contexct that makes every one of those bullshit stats nonthreatening, but you dont have the actual surveys.

I got one for you; It has been proven that 98% of alllibtards are morons.

TryinToExplainToDems_zpsw3lmw8t2.jpg

I was axing for clarification, and you have now given it.

Thank you very much.

I think Minimum Wage should be gradually brought back to its 1970 level of about $20 an hour in 2016 dollars.

So my next question is, Why are you such a Reactionary lightweight on the Minimum wage? :D

LOL, but for real, your estimates are too high, if you look at the minimum wage and inflation, the minimum wage was at its highest in terms of real dollars in 1968 when it was worth $10.26 an hour in constant dollars.

Just call it $11 even and then tie it directly to inflation, but of course the reality is both parties like using it as a wedge issue, so that's not going to happen with the usual politicians running the show.

ok pal, you tell me how he's going to send 15 million people back to Mexico and keep the economy in tact. 15 million people spend a ton of money and keep the doors open on a lot of businesses ....
Easy. Trump starts enforcing immigration laws. We start sending back the ones we catch entering illegally and start putting serious fines on the businesses using black market labor. The businesses stop using black market labor as it is no longer profitable in the face of a government now enforcing existing laws, and the illegals, not all of whom are Mexican, BTW, they start going back home by themselves as they no longer can get jobs so easily.

The next thing that happens is that businesses start hiring Americans again who are not living five families to a three bedroom apartment and who plan to spend their savings and income right here in the USA and not wire it back home to mommy. That more than makes up for the slight amount illegals spent on the legal economy.

Tyson Busted for Exploiting Illegal Immigrants in Poultry Factories
Tyson has seen earnings rise of late, with the chicken business starting
to improve after two tough years. Tyson also improved its product line
when it completed its $2.9 billion purchase of beef processor IBP in
September.

And that was an improvement to Tyson Foods just by getting rid of the low-brow crutch of depending on cheapo black market labor to cheat at suc cess in business. When they focused on legal means of cutting costs, they saw their profits rise and quality improve! Imagine that!

Immigration Raids at Smithfield: How an ICE Enforcement Action Boosted Union Organizing and the Employment of American Workers
On the one hand, those who favor using law enforcement to force illegal immigrants out of jobs can point to the fact that enforcement at Tar Heel created job openings for native-born Americans and legal immigrants. Had the illegals remained in the jobs, they would not have been available to American workers. One can also note that enforcement turned out to be a key factor in the December 2008 vote to organize the plant under the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.

On the other hand, those who favor amnesty for illegal immigrants can note that Smithfield management long threatened selective immigration enforcement in an effort to pressure illegal immigrant workers to vote against the union.

Smithfield’s ability to intimidate workers prior to the raids demonstrates the unsatisfactory nature of the current state of immigration enforcement.

So Smithfield gets busted, and more Americans get jobs, they stay in business and the workers unionize. OMG! How can that happen?

And that is just the easy stuff Trump can do on day One when he takes office.

With a little bit of Obama-like creative use of Executive powers, he can do a lot more before ever going to Congress.

If you actually and truly in your heart of hearts believe that Trump is going to Tax the Rich and raise minimum wage you are a "Pathetic Moronic Rube".....a victim waiting for a predator........

If Trump takes Ryan's whip, the circus could go wild
By benefit of his position, Paul Ryan would be expected to serve as host for the GOP convention in Cleveland. But because he’s so far failed to join Team Trump, Ryan has already offered up his gavel to the orange one. Trump and Ryan are meeting on Thursday, a get-together that could well end with a nicely orchestrated reconciliation and announcement that Republicans are all one, big, happy, fascist, family. But should Ryan refuse to bend the knee, kiss the ring, and compliment the comb-over, his departure from the convention could bring chaos.

Even top officials at the Republican National Committee don’t know who’s going to be running the show, pointing instead to an obscure committee of more than 100 delegates that will ultimately decide.

images
YmRlYzZhNDFiMiMvMFJiMXBxZm5xTlJ3OXRrcVhPbDVHUVZfb2I4PS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20venk4bnVpemxvZnR6OG1vOWVnd3FzcTllam5xdHYxdW9sdmpvNm9tdmFmZW9xMmRoZ2x3dXBnd3EzY3hvem51Mi5naWY.gif
50x50px-ZC-b55285b3_You-Stay-Classy-San-Diego-Anchorman.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed (full album)

Easy. Trump starts enforcing immigration laws. We start sending back the ones we catch entering illegally and start putting serious fines on the businesses using black market labor. The businesses stop using black market labor as it is no longer profitable in the face of a government now enforcing existing laws, and the illegals, not all of whom are Mexican, BTW, they start going back home by themselves as they no longer can get jobs so easily.

The next thing that happens is that businesses start hiring Americans again who are not living five families to a three bedroom apartment and who plan to spend their savings and income right here in the USA and not wire it back home to mommy. That more than makes up for the slight amount illegals spent on the legal economy.

Tyson Busted for Exploiting Illegal Immigrants in Poultry Factories
Tyson has seen earnings rise of late, with the chicken business starting
to improve after two tough years. Tyson also improved its product line
when it completed its $2.9 billion purchase of beef processor IBP in
September.

And that was an improvement to Tyson Foods just by getting rid of the low-brow crutch of depending on cheapo black market labor to cheat at suc cess in business. When they focused on legal means of cutting costs, they saw their profits rise and quality improve! Imagine that!

Immigration Raids at Smithfield: How an ICE Enforcement Action Boosted Union Organizing and the Employment of American Workers
On the one hand, those who favor using law enforcement to force illegal immigrants out of jobs can point to the fact that enforcement at Tar Heel created job openings for native-born Americans and legal immigrants. Had the illegals remained in the jobs, they would not have been available to American workers. One can also note that enforcement turned out to be a key factor in the December 2008 vote to organize the plant under the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.

On the other hand, those who favor amnesty for illegal immigrants can note that Smithfield management long threatened selective immigration enforcement in an effort to pressure illegal immigrant workers to vote against the union.

Smithfield’s ability to intimidate workers prior to the raids demonstrates the unsatisfactory nature of the current state of immigration enforcement.

So Smithfield gets busted, and more Americans get jobs, they stay in business and the workers unionize. OMG! How can that happen?

And that is just the easy stuff Trump can do on day One when he takes office.

With a little bit of Obama-like creative use of Executive powers, he can do a lot more before ever going to Congress.

Correct, we don't need more immigration laws, and we don't need to deport anyone. Enforce current laws and most will self deport.

It's a red herring argument anyway, no one is ever going to deport 12M people.

If you actually and truly in your heart of hearts believe that Trump is going to Tax the Rich and raise minimum wage you are a "Pathetic Moronic Rube".....a victim waiting for a predator........
Trump will leave it to the states to determine a minimum wage. Try to keep up fug nuts...

Trump: Will End The Federal Minimum Wage, Leave it to Individual States • /r/The_Donald

That won't ever happen either, check out Oklahoma as an example of why.

Forum List

Back