Flip Flopping Trump wants to raise minimum wage

What's a real shame is that people depend on government to make up for their laziness or unwillingness to try in life. If the most complicated thing I want to do in life is to clear tables in a restaurant, somebody should make people pay me more than I'm worth.

Here's a new concept: if you want to be worth more money, do something to make yourself worth more money.

Actually, it's not a new concept at all. It's an old concept that people today seem to have forgotten. But guess what? It still works today.

There should be two tiers for minimum wage; a life supporting job vrs a student job. Waiters would fall into a student job category as that is what they have typically been and they get tips anyway.

But dont you realize that not everyone is a genius? Not everyone has full health and motor capacity?

Your simplistic 'get a job' mantra is really making you look stupid.

So if somebody doesn't have full "health and motor" capabilities, why should that be the liability of an employer? Shouldn't such a person be applicable for one of our dozens of social programs? If not, they are more than likely capable of working because we have many people that can work on our social programs as it is.

You people on the left want to place all the responsibility on the employers instead of the individual. Sorry, I have no sympathy. When I got out of school I worked plenty of minimum wage jobs. Many times in my life I've had several jobs at the same time. Heck, I'm still doing it at my age.

When I see all those Help Wanted signs on the lawns of businesses, I lose my empathy. When I talk to managers of these places and they are offering pretty good starting money and plenty of overtime, I lose my empathy. Heck, even in my field of work, we need 60,000 new workers that employers can't find, so I lose my empathy.

It's such a shame we've become a country of excuse making instead of a country of integrity.
Because stupid, if paying a reasonable wage isn't the employer's responsibility , then who's is it? Question for you, in what year did you earn the minimum wage?

The responsibility is one held by the entire community and all these communities that make up our nation in various assemblages at local state and federal level.

The businessman has a responsibility to pay taxes, obey the laws and regs of the land and to be a responsible member of the community, even barbarian business owners who dont seem to think that they are part of the broader community.

Of course, when their business is on fire, being broken into, bought substandard property, etc, then they are magically back in the community and demanding the communities services.

Maybe because they pay the most to those community services.

Businesses have no social obligation to anybody. A business is there to create products or services for a profit. That's it.

What's a real shame is that people depend on government to make up for their laziness or unwillingness to try in life. If the most complicated thing I want to do in life is to clear tables in a restaurant, somebody should make people pay me more than I'm worth.

Here's a new concept: if you want to be worth more money, do something to make yourself worth more money.

Actually, it's not a new concept at all. It's an old concept that people today seem to have forgotten. But guess what? It still works today.

There should be two tiers for minimum wage; a life supporting job vrs a student job. Waiters would fall into a student job category as that is what they have typically been and they get tips anyway.

But dont you realize that not everyone is a genius? Not everyone has full health and motor capacity?

So if somebody doesn't have full "health and motor" capabilities, why should that be the liability of an employer? Shouldn't such a person be applicable for one of our dozens of social programs? If not, they are more than likely capable of working because we have many people that can work on our social programs as it is.

You people on the left want to place all the responsibility on the employers instead of the individual. Sorry, I have no sympathy. When I got out of school I worked plenty of minimum wage jobs. Many times in my life I've had several jobs at the same time. Heck, I'm still doing it at my age.

When I see all those Help Wanted signs on the lawns of businesses, I lose my empathy. When I talk to managers of these places and they are offering pretty good starting money and plenty of overtime, I lose my empathy. Heck, even in my field of work, we need 60,000 new workers that employers can't find, so I lose my empathy.

It's such a shame we've become a country of excuse making instead of a country of integrity.
Because stupid, if paying a reasonable wage isn't the employer's responsibility , then who's is it? Question for you, in what year did you earn the minimum wage?

I worked minimum wage jobs in the later 70's and even the early 80's during that horrible recession we had. Back then, there weren't even any McDonald's jobs available in most places.

As for who's responsibility is it for an employer to pay a reasonable wage, I already addressed that: it's the individuals responsibility.

If all you are worth is minimum wage, then all you have to offer an employer are minimum abilities. Only you can (and should) change that; not government; not employers; you.

Businesses have no social obligation to anybody. A business is there to create products or services for a profit. That's it.

And right there is the reason people need unions in the work place.

Cause companies don't give a fuck about employees.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I worked minimum wage jobs in the later 70's and even the early 80's during that horrible recession we had. Back then, there weren't even any McDonald's jobs available in most places.

As for who's responsibility is it for an employer to pay a reasonable wage, I already addressed that: it's the individuals responsibility.

If all you are worth is minimum wage, then all you have to offer an employer are minimum abilities. Only you can (and should) change that; not government; not employers; you.

First off, you're an old fuck LOL

Second, in 1982 the minimum wage was $3.35 an hour . Equal to $8.27 an hour today, which obviously means minimum wage earners were earning roughly $40 more a week then they are now in terms of constant dollars AND the early 80s were quite the low point in terms of minimum wage. The real wage was MUCH higher through most of the 60s and 70s , for example.

So, assuming your argument of "if you're only worth minimum wage " holds water, and it doesn't, please explain how a person who is "only worth minimum wage" Is worth $1 an hour less than you were 30 years ago?

The average full time worker works 2080 hours a year. Obviously that is $2K a year that employers are saving per employee since the terrible early 80s. Who's picking up the difference? Oh, that's right. The taxpayer.

Well the law as expressing the will of the people, says otherwise.

Too bad so sad and welcome to a jail cell if your get caught cheating, dude.

Yeah, blind, deaf and paraplegic people who can only get a few minimum wage jobs just need to try harder, right?

You are such a moron on this topic. It is incredible.

Yeah, blind, deaf and paraplegic people who can only get a few minimum wage jobs just need to try harder, right?

You are such a moron on this topic. It is incredible.

You think that there are a substantial amount of people making minimum wage that are paraplegic, blind or deaf, and then call ME the moron? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

First off, you're an old fuck LOL

Second, in 1982 the minimum wage was $3.35 an hour . Equal to $8.27 an hour today, which obviously means minimum wage earners were earning roughly $40 more a week then they are now in terms of constant dollars AND the early 80s were quite the low point in terms of minimum wage. The real wage was MUCH higher through most of the 60s and 70s , for example.

So, assuming your argument of "if you're only worth minimum wage " holds water, and it doesn't, please explain how a person who is "only worth minimum wage" Is worth $1 an hour less than you were 30 years ago?

The average full time worker works 2080 hours a year. Obviously that is $2K a year that employers are saving per employee since the terrible early 80s. Who's picking up the difference? Oh, that's right. The taxpayer.

Correct, but that has nothing to do with minimum wage, it has to do with politicians giving people stuff that encourage them to not work more hours.

Some of our customers use temporary help to hire people instead of hiring them blindly and hoping they work out. When they get busy, they ask the temps to work more hours. Most of them refuse. Why? because it interferes with their government goodies. They can only make X amount of dollars per month before it starts cutting into their food stamp stipend.

Without food stamps, they might work more hours to make more money and then have a chance at a full-time job with the company. You'd be surprised at what people are willing to give up to keep those freebies coming.

flip flop

a late June Chicago appearance in which Mr. Trump appears to favor allowing illegal immigrants a pathway to citizenship.

“You have to give them a path and you have to make it possible for them to succeed,” Mr. Trump says in the ad. “You have to do that.”

flip flop

a late June Chicago appearance in which Mr. Trump appears to favor allowing illegal immigrants a pathway to citizenship.

“You have to give them a path and you have to make it possible for them to succeed,” Mr. Trump says in the ad. “You have to do that.”

Sure, and that path goes through them returning to their home countries and then coming in legally.

What is so hard for you libtards to grasp about that?

flip flop

It's called vote buying. He knows fully well how badly he's polling in the Hispanic communities, so he's just throwing them a bone. It's not what he says that counts, it's what he does.

flip flop

1. That doesn't say who "them" is.

2. That doesn't say what he means by a "path"

3.. That doesn't have the word "citizenship" in it

4. That doesn't say where they might "succeed" (in US or Mexico ?)

5. The words "illegal immigrants" and "citizenship." are in YOUR statement. Not Trump's

Forum List

Back