Flip Flopping Trump wants to raise minimum wage

ok pal, you tell me how he's going to send 15 million people back to Mexico and keep the economy in tact. 15 million people spend a ton of money and keep the doors open on a lot of businesses ....
Easy. Trump starts enforcing immigration laws. We start sending back the ones we catch entering illegally and start putting serious fines on the businesses using black market labor. The businesses stop using black market labor as it is no longer profitable in the face of a government now enforcing existing laws, and the illegals, not all of whom are Mexican, BTW, they start going back home by themselves as they no longer can get jobs so easily.

The next thing that happens is that businesses start hiring Americans again who are not living five families to a three bedroom apartment and who plan to spend their savings and income right here in the USA and not wire it back home to mommy. That more than makes up for the slight amount illegals spent on the legal economy.

Tyson Busted for Exploiting Illegal Immigrants in Poultry Factories
Tyson has seen earnings rise of late, with the chicken business starting
to improve after two tough years. Tyson also improved its product line
when it completed its $2.9 billion purchase of beef processor IBP in
September.

And that was an improvement to Tyson Foods just by getting rid of the low-brow crutch of depending on cheapo black market labor to cheat at suc cess in business. When they focused on legal means of cutting costs, they saw their profits rise and quality improve! Imagine that!

Immigration Raids at Smithfield: How an ICE Enforcement Action Boosted Union Organizing and the Employment of American Workers
On the one hand, those who favor using law enforcement to force illegal immigrants out of jobs can point to the fact that enforcement at Tar Heel created job openings for native-born Americans and legal immigrants. Had the illegals remained in the jobs, they would not have been available to American workers. One can also note that enforcement turned out to be a key factor in the December 2008 vote to organize the plant under the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.

On the other hand, those who favor amnesty for illegal immigrants can note that Smithfield management long threatened selective immigration enforcement in an effort to pressure illegal immigrant workers to vote against the union.

Smithfield’s ability to intimidate workers prior to the raids demonstrates the unsatisfactory nature of the current state of immigration enforcement.

So Smithfield gets busted, and more Americans get jobs, they stay in business and the workers unionize. OMG! How can that happen?

And that is just the easy stuff Trump can do on day One when he takes office.

With a little bit of Obama-like creative use of Executive powers, he can do a lot more before ever going to Congress.

Correct, we don't need more immigration laws, and we don't need to deport anyone. Enforce current laws and most will self deport.

It's a red herring argument anyway, no one is ever going to deport 12M people.

It is not a red herring as the self deportation would accelerate with some raids to hurry them along.

Increased minimum wage is nothing more than wealth transfers. Somebody has to pay that increase in pay. So who would it be? It could be we--the consumers, it could be the employer who will then have less to invest in his business or hire more people. It could be the stockholders.

Whoever it is, somebody or some people will have to pay it because there is no such thing as a money tree.

Yes, prices do tend to go up in a growing economy and drop in a stagnant or depressed economy.

What is your point? Some should starve so that others can get cheaper shit at Wallmart?

What's a real shame is that people depend on government to make up for their laziness or unwillingness to try in life. If the most complicated thing I want to do in life is to clear tables in a restaurant, somebody should make people pay me more than I'm worth.

Here's a new concept: if you want to be worth more money, do something to make yourself worth more money.

Actually, it's not a new concept at all. It's an old concept that people today seem to have forgotten. But guess what? It still works today.

There should be two tiers for minimum wage; a life supporting job vrs a student job. Waiters would fall into a student job category as that is what they have typically been and they get tips anyway.

But dont you realize that not everyone is a genius? Not everyone has full health and motor capacity?

Your simplistic 'get a job' mantra is really making you look stupid.

What's a real shame is that people depend on government to make up for their laziness or unwillingness to try in life. If the most complicated thing I want to do in life is to clear tables in a restaurant, somebody should make people pay me more than I'm worth.

Here's a new concept: if you want to be worth more money, do something to make yourself worth more money.

Actually, it's not a new concept at all. It's an old concept that people today seem to have forgotten. But guess what? It still works today.

There should be two tiers for minimum wage; a life supporting job vrs a student job. Waiters would fall into a student job category as that is what they have typically been and they get tips anyway.

But dont you realize that not everyone is a genius? Not everyone has full health and motor capacity?

So if somebody doesn't have full "health and motor" capabilities, why should that be the liability of an employer? Shouldn't such a person be applicable for one of our dozens of social programs? If not, they are more than likely capable of working because we have many people that can work on our social programs as it is.

You people on the left want to place all the responsibility on the employers instead of the individual. Sorry, I have no sympathy. When I got out of school I worked plenty of minimum wage jobs. Many times in my life I've had several jobs at the same time. Heck, I'm still doing it at my age.

When I see all those Help Wanted signs on the lawns of businesses, I lose my empathy. When I talk to managers of these places and they are offering pretty good starting money and plenty of overtime, I lose my empathy. Heck, even in my field of work, we need 60,000 new workers that employers can't find, so I lose my empathy.

It's such a shame we've become a country of excuse making instead of a country of integrity.

So if somebody doesn't have full "health and motor" capabilities, why should that be the liability of an employer? Shouldn't such a person be applicable for one of our dozens of social programs? If not, they are more than likely capable of working because we have many people that can work on our social programs as it is.

You people on the left want to place all the responsibility on the employers instead of the individual. Sorry, I have no sympathy. When I got out of school I worked plenty of minimum wage jobs. Many times in my life I've had several jobs at the same time. Heck, I'm still doing it at my age.

When I see all those Help Wanted signs on the lawns of businesses, I lose my empathy. When I talk to managers of these places and they are offering pretty good starting money and plenty of overtime, I lose my empathy. Heck, even in my field of work, we need 60,000 new workers that employers can't find, so I lose my empathy.

It's such a shame we've become a country of excuse making instead of a country of integrity.
Because stupid, if paying a reasonable wage isn't the employer's responsibility , then who's is it? Question for you, in what year did you earn the minimum wage?

Seriously, people.

What positions are actually left in the Trump agenda that got him support, and the 'anti-establishment' label in the first place?

He's turning into George Pataki, for fuck's sake!

Because stupid, if paying a reasonable wage isn't the employer's responsibility , then who's is it?

What makes you think it is anybody's responsibility?

Because we are a SOCIETY, a COMMUNITY, and we dont leave our poor and our disadvantaged to die in the streets like neocons would have us do.

Bullshit. Human societies have been leaving the poor and disadvantaged to die in the streets since before there were streets.

Because stupid, if paying a reasonable wage isn't the employer's responsibility , then who's is it? Question for you, in what year did you earn the minimum wage?

The responsibility is one held by the entire community and all these communities that make up our nation in various assemblages at local state and federal level.

The businessman has a responsibility to pay taxes, obey the laws and regs of the land and to be a responsible member of the community, even barbarian business owners who dont seem to think that they are part of the broader community.

Of course, when their business is on fire, being broken into, bought substandard property, etc, then they are magically back in the community and demanding the communities services.

Because stupid, if paying a reasonable wage isn't the employer's responsibility , then who's is it?

Because we are a SOCIETY, a COMMUNITY, and we dont leave our poor and our disadvantaged to die in the streets like neocons would have us do.

Bullshit. Human societies have been leaving the poor and disadvantaged to die in the streets since before there were streets.

Yeah back in the various ages of barbarism and stupidity.

Civilized human beings dont do that to each other. Christians dont do that to each other.

So that's one of those traditions your type reveres and seeks to conserve?

If you actually and truly in your heart of hearts believe that Trump is going to Tax the Rich and raise minimum wage you are a "Pathetic Moronic Rube".....a victim waiting for a predator........
During the GOP debates, Trump unequivocally stated he opposed a hike in the minimum wage.

He said wages are too high. Fact.

Now that he has secured the nomination, he is taking off his mask and revealing his inner limousine liberal and says he supports a hike in the minimum wage. Fact.

BEFORE:

"Taxes too high. Wages too high. We're not going to be able to compete against the world."

"We have to leave it the way it is."

AFTER:

"But I think people should get more. I think they're out there. They're working. It is a very low number. "

Meet the Press - May 8, 2016

Last edited:
Yeah back in the various ages of barbarism and stupidity

And smart phones and Starbucks....

26sacramento2_600.JPG

So that's one of those traditions your type reveres and seeks to conserve?
That is Neocon thinking, not Conservative in the broader sense of the term.

The Neocons say and do whatever they think they need to in order to pursue their Pax Americana and they dont let trifles like principles and charity get in their way, no matter how often they squawk about it.

True, but the US is exceptional, and not just when you want it to be.

Is that all you got?

The poor should never starve. However the able bodied should not be supported by the country because they are too lazy. Additionally the legal immigrants should have a place in our economy because they make the effort to be a participant in society and not a drain. We can take car of our poor - we cannot take care of the world's poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that all you got?

Are you for or against ending government aid to the poor and letting them fend for themselves?

Forum List

Back