Flip Flopping Trump wants to raise minimum wage

Donald Trump Switches Position on Minimum Wage Stance

Now that Trump has won the GOP, we will now see the real leftist Trump crawl out from under his rock.
Raising minimum wage is not "leftist". Most Republicans polled (Gallup) support it (58% to 39%) as do most conservatives. Also, a higher minimum wage is helpful to businesses, in general.

Most Americans for Raising Minimum Wage

In U.S., 71% Back Raising Minimum Wage

If higher wages were helpful to businesses, you wouldn't need government to force them to pay more. They would do so on their own.

Why does everything have to be 'helpful' to business?

If you had not noticed, the nation is drowning in debt dingleberry.

If the nation wishes to not implode, they will begin to reduce government spending and increase its revenue.

So where will this revenue come from? It certainly does not come from the government.

Where will it come from with lower corporate taxes and lower wages?

What kind of life is that, to be forced to work 80 hours a week or do without essentials?
Who's forcing anybody to work for minimum wage? In case you weren't aware wages come from productivity not via gub'mint decreed price controls, the more you produce the more you're worth the more the market will pay you. If the market doesn't pay you very much it's because your services aren't worth very much and it's incumbent upon YOU to change that if you wish to earn more.
That is just horse shit.

The entire economy FORCES unskilled workers to work for minimum wage, dumbass. That is WHY businesses pay so many unskilled workers MINIMUM wage.

By your own logic, unskilled people are not worth feeding. They are not worth having a minimal living standard. They are subhuman by your reckoning.

People like you used to make the same kinds of argument in defense of slavery and child labor, but thank God most of us have learned to recognize evil little shits like you and ignore you vile ass.
Quit being a bigot.
Minimum-wage was designed to give Democrats a way of acting like they're for the little guy and not having it cost them a thing.
The only people that work for minimum-wage are entry level workers in the service industry. It's not for skilled workers. It's for ground level, unskilled workers, high school kids, and retirees.

Senate Republicans Are Already Very, Very Tired Of Trump Questions

Reid Delights In GOP Senators Squirming Over Trump As Nominee

dumb-dumber-s-harry-lloyd-laughing-at-a-burger-joint.gif

And Hillary wants to raise maximum wage.....
The last time they did, it caused massive unemployment. I guess Hillary wants another Great Recession.

The last thing I'll try is looking at changes in youth employment COMPARED with changes in adult (over age 25) employment, during and after a minimum wage increase in a period of economic growth
. I think the increases of October 1996 from $4.25 to $4.75, and September 1997 from $4.75 to $5.15 will work. For the sticklers out there, this represented a value increase from $4.38 to $5.03 (in 1996 dollars), so the minimum wage wasn't just staying constant with inflation; this was a true increase.

The youth unemployment rate fell from 11.4% in September 1996 to 9.7% in April 1998. Over that same time period, the adult unemployment rate fell from 4.0% to 3.4%. This represents a 14.9% decrease for youths and a 15.0% decrease for adults.

In conclusion, I don't see any real hard evidence that, when the economy is healthy, increases in the minimum wage will hurt employment. There are tons of ways to present the data to reach a different conclusion; the best advice I can give you is to examine the figures to see for yourself. However, I don't see how anyone can say that raising the minimum wage will bring about a significant decrease in employment.
What is the effect of raising the minimum wage? - Quora

What kind of life is that, to be forced to work 80 hours a week or do without essentials?
Who's forcing anybody to work for minimum wage? In case you weren't aware wages come from productivity not via gub'mint decreed price controls, the more you produce the more you're worth the more the market will pay you. If the market doesn't pay you very much it's because your services aren't worth very much and it's incumbent upon YOU to change that if you wish to earn more.
That is just horse shit.

The entire economy FORCES unskilled workers to work for minimum wage, dumbass. That is WHY businesses pay so many unskilled workers MINIMUM wage.

By your own logic, unskilled people are not worth feeding. They are not worth having a minimal living standard. They are subhuman by your reckoning.

People like you used to make the same kinds of argument in defense of slavery and child labor, but thank God most of us have learned to recognize evil little shits like you and ignore you vile ass.
Quit being a bigot.
Minimum-wage was designed to give Democrats a way of acting like they're for the little guy and not having it cost them a thing.
The only people that work for minimum-wage are entry level workers in the service industry. It's not for skilled workers. It's for ground level, unskilled workers, high school kids, and retirees.
Me quit being a bigot? WTF are you talking about? I was arguing AGAINST substandard living conditions for workers, so how does that make me a bigot?

And minimum wage was not designed by democrats, dude, as it predates the Democratic party by about 6 centuries.

And minimum wages may not be for skilled labor, but in many industries like meat packers who get $11.63/hr today, they are way below the 1960 minimum wage ($20/hr in todays dollars).

Sometimes you seem to shoot from the lip pretty wildly.

Donald Trump Switches Position on Minimum Wage Stance

Now that Trump has won the GOP, we will now see the real leftist Trump crawl out from under his rock.
Raising minimum wage is not "leftist". Most Republicans polled (Gallup) support it (58% to 39%) as do most conservatives. Also, a higher minimum wage is helpful to businesses, in general.

Most Americans for Raising Minimum Wage

In U.S., 71% Back Raising Minimum Wage

If higher wages were helpful to businesses, you wouldn't need government to force them to pay more. They would do so on their own.

Because businesses are our employers. Because the success of business is related to the success of our economy and nation.

If you hired a company to paint your house, and you really wanted to get it painted quickly, do you place a bunch of obstacles in their way or do you try to clear as much around the house as you can so they can get to work?

That's absurd. Businesses are strongly resistant to paying higher wages. They just are. That'll be the day when they voluntarily all raise thier wages. This is one of those cases where without govt intervention, forget about it..

And what do you mean "IF" higher wages were helpful to businesses ? I struggled for 12 years with my business, for one reason and one reason alone. The lack of money in the pockets of all the peole who wanted to buy my services and just didn't have enough money. I lost hundreds of thousands$$ because of the lack of disposable income in te community. And you know why ? Because somebody out there was paying them a pitiful minimum wage, that's why. Would you like me to find a few 10 year old 5th graders to explain this to you ? Sheeesh.
geez.gif

What I would like you to do is find me some fifth-graders that can explain how your business went under while others flourished.

So you think that if we had a higher minimum wage, your business would have been successful? No wonder you're not in business any longer. What were you trying to sell--Fn yoyo's???

When I see a person make such a distant cause, I have to laugh. Did you ever think that you were in a business that nobody wanted? Did you ever think that maybe because rents are going up, people had less money to spend? Did you ever think that people were using the money they had to pay off debts such as those caused by the housing crash? No, it had to be because minimum wage was too low. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Because that is what makes America tick. You have no business, then nobody has income. Everybody goes homeless, people starve. Everything should be helpful to business, the environment, American people. Trouble with Democrats is they look fro everything to be helpful to Democrats (which means dredging up VOTES ANYWHERE they can get them)

ABC World News Tonight Highlights Trump's "Prominent White Nationalist" Delegate
CECILIA VEGA: Late today, Trump facing his own new controversy. One of the people on his list of California delegates is prominent white nationalist William Johnson, whose group recorded robocalls supporting Trump.

[BEGIN AUDIO]

ROBOCALL: He will put America first. Furthermore, he will respect all women and will help preserve western civilization.

[END AUDIO]

VEGA: The campaign tonight blaming it on a computer error, saying they didn't mean to submit Johnson's name as a delegate to the convention.

What I would like you to do is find me some fifth-graders that can explain how your business went under while others flourished.

So you think that if we had a higher minimum wage, your business would have been successful? No wonder you're not in business any longer. What were you trying to sell--Fn yoyo's???

When I see a person make such a distant cause, I have to laugh. Did you ever think that you were in a business that nobody wanted? Did you ever think that maybe because rents are going up, people had less money to spend? Did you ever think that people were using the money they had to pay off debts such as those caused by the housing crash? No, it had to be because minimum wage was too low. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
What I'd like you to explain is how you arrived at the notion that my "business went under", when I never said that. Actually my business flourished (despite some struggles), while others went under. And my business expanded, but it could have done even better if the MW had been higher. Got it now ?

And yeah, I thought that because rents were going up, people had less to spend, of course, why do you ask, such a stupid question, while changing the subject, Mr Dodge ? And whatever other reasons people had for their lack of money, that doesn't mean that the low MW wasn't one of them. Get it ?

ABC World News Tonight Highlights Trump's "Prominent White Nationalist" Delegate
CECILIA VEGA: Late today, Trump facing his own new controversy. One of the people on his list of California delegates is prominent white nationalist William Johnson, whose group recorded robocalls supporting Trump.

[BEGIN AUDIO]

ROBOCALL: He will put America first. Furthermore, he will respect all women and will help preserve western civilization.

[END AUDIO]

VEGA: The campaign tonight blaming it on a computer error, saying they didn't mean to submit Johnson's name as a delegate to the convention.
The real issue is Hillary being supported by racist, Affirmative Action supporting Black Nationalists (Black Lives Matter, New Black Panthers, NAACP, et al)

DREAMS don't win elections. Hillary's attacks on Monica Lewinsky, Kathaleen Willey, Juantita Broadrick, Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Connie Hamzy, Eileen Wellstone, Sandra Allen James, Christy Zercher, Elizabeth Ward Gracen, Dolly Kyle Browning, Sally Perdue, Lincola Sullivan, Susie Whitacre, Bobbie Ann William don't either.
They lose elections.

What I'd like you to explain is how you arrived at the notion that my "business went under", when I never said that. Actually my business flourished (despite some struggles), while others went under. And my business expanded, but it could have done even better if the MW had been higher. Got it now ?

And yeah, I thought that because rents were going up, people had less to spend, of course, why do you ask, such a stupid question, while changing the subject, Mr Dodge ? And whatever other reasons people had for their lack of money, that doesn't mean that the low MW wasn't one of them. Get it ?

Why don't you get it?

Get this: Minimum wage workers in this country comprise about 3% of our population--that's it. HTF can you even make claim that 3% of workers that work for that wage (basically high school kids, college kids, stay at home wives and retirees) had anything to do with you losing money?

WTF kind of business do you have that is so reliant on minimum wage workers; so reliant on this 3%????

Your problem is that you don't look at facts and figures, instead, you make things up in your own mind. Your failures are not your own, your failures are that government didn't force industry to pay a higher minimum wage. How ridiculous.

That's absurd. Businesses are strongly resistant to paying higher wages. They just are. That'll be the day when they voluntarily all raise thier wages. This is one of those cases where without govt intervention, forget about it..

And what do you mean "IF" higher wages were helpful to businesses ? I struggled for 12 years with my business, for one reason and one reason alone. The lack of money in the pockets of all the peole who wanted to buy my services and just didn't have enough money. I lost hundreds of thousands$$ because of the lack of disposable income in te community. And you know why ? Because somebody out there was paying them a pitiful minimum wage, that's why. Would you like me to find a few 10 year old 5th graders to explain this to you ? Sheeesh.
geez.gif

Henry Ford made the case decades ago, that if businesses would pay their workers a decent wage, there would be enough cash in circulation for all businesses to succeed.

It is amazing that 'conservatives' today have forgotten that.

Just what the hell do you think you are 'conserving'? Slavery? Peasantry? Indentured Servitude?

Forum List

Back