Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters

I wonder how any of us would feel if the government were forcing us to take a 21% cut in pay and then perform job duties we found repugnant.

The doctor is not a slave. He has the right to determine how he conducts his private practice - as well as the right to Free Speech.
and this has to do with him putting a sign on his door turning down his patients that VOTED for obama nearly 2 years ago how?

and 'that' excuses him doing such how?

i think it is BEST if we say it like it is....

what this man did, breaks his ethical code, he should not have done it, regardless of the flaws in the recent health care bill that CONGRESS voted on and passed.

IT is none of his business who his patients voted for in the presidential election, we have a secret ballot for reasons....besides the fact that his political opinion does NOT belong in his practice, for ANY REASON....

I DO NOT want to know who any of my personal doctors supported in a presidential election or anything about their political leanings when i am in their offices for my MEDICAL appointment and care, i expect to get just that, without any of their political machinations or wife's political inspirations, being brought in to it. give me what i am paying for, otherwise keep your personal feelings and hysteria, to yourself....thank you very much mr urologist!

Years ago I would agree with you care - but the HC bills just made politics part of the conversation. I have discussed the issue with many docs I know. It affects them far more than us. Their position on Iraq or the environment is irrelevent. This is not.

I wonder how any of us would feel if the government were forcing us to take a 21% cut in pay and then perform job duties we found repugnant.

The doctor is not a slave. He has the right to determine how he conducts his private practice - as well as the right to Free Speech.
and this has to do with him putting a sign on his door turning down his patients that VOTED for obama nearly 2 years ago how?

what this man did, breaks his ethical code, he should not have done it, regardless of the flaws in the recent health care bill that CONGRESS voted on and passed.

IT is none of his business who his patients voted for in the presidential election, we have a secret ballot for reasons....besides the fact that his political opinion does NOT belong in his practice, for ANY REASON....

I DO NOT want to know who any of my personal doctors supported in a presidential election or anything about their political leanings when i am in their offices for my MEDICAL appointment and care, i expect to get just that, without any of their political machinations or wife's political inspirations, being brought in to it. give me what i am paying for, otherwise keep your personal feelings and hysteria, to yourself....thank you very much mr urologist!

That's fine C4A. We shouldn't care what doctor's political affiliation is, nor doctor should care for ours. But if our political affiliation affect his business, he has right to express himself.

You said it yourself, you wouldn't keep this guy as a doctor. I think this guy is perfectly OK with that, since you still have that choice. For how long, we'll see. As far I know, he did not refuse giving service to anyone (even Huff post headline said he did) and he did not do anything illegal.

He's backpedaling away from it now saying it was a joke. Maybe he's had a chance to think about what this could do to his business. The dummy.

Pffft! I'd still be trying to raid his patients. He's obviously letting his politics affect his standard of care. Even if he agreed to treat an Obama supporter, would you really want him to treat you if he was pissed off the whole time.

Welcome to America. If you want to run off business, someone else will be glad for them.

No I wouldn't want him to treat me. I hope he loses business over this, he's obviously too emotional and agressive about politics to do anyone any good as a Dr. Maybe he should apply to be on Boehner or Cantor's staff instead.

AS A UROLOGIST I'D LIKE TO TELL ALL OBAMA SUPPORTERS TO PISS OFF that's what his sign should have said.. "PISS OFF :lol::lol::lol:

HEY,, CARE,, SINCE YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT ETHICS AND THE ADHERENCE TO THEM WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST WE DO WITH THE DEMORAT CONGRESSMEN AND WOMEN? i'D LIKE TO KNOW..

Unethical or a sign of things to come?

100402-sign-hmed-230p.hmedium.jpg

Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters - Health care- msnbc.com

Let him go broke.

What happens when and if this guys practice goes broke and he closes his doors. Is he then going to be rounded up and sent to a forced labor camp and forces to work on people like the nazis did to the concentration camp inmates? Obama care is going to increase the number of doctors leaving the medical field.

What happens when and if this guys practice goes broke and he closes his doors. Is he then going to be rounded up and sent to a forced labor camp and forces to work on people like the nazis did to the concentration camp inmates? Obama care is going to increase the number of doctors leaving the medical field.

them demorats ain't listening buddy,, they ain't listening. they iz moralizing again.. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

What a prick. :lol:

---

:cuckoo:

If this man is your doctor, ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/03/us/03doctor.html?hpw
“If you voted for Obama,” says the taped-up sign, “seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now. Not in four years.”

Perhaps it was just a matter of time before the partisan rancor surrounding health care found its way into patient care. Civil rights law prevents discrimination based on sex or religion, but experts say that political differences are not specifically protected — consider it a pre-existing condition that can still be used for patient filtering.

The logic for some, especially here in a contentious swing state like Florida, seems to be simple: Stand up and stay separated. If states, counties or towns can be red and blue, Republican and Democratic, why not every place within those areas? Why not make sure that even in doctors’ offices people can feel secure in knowing they are sharing space with those who are share their views?

Dr. Cassell, 56, could not be reached for comment. The phone at his office was continuously busy Friday, and the doors were locked before 4 p.m.

In an interview with The Orlando Sentinel, he insisted that he would not refuse to treat a patient because of politics. “That would be unethical,” he said.

But he added that he would not mind if Democrats saw the sign and found another doctor. His wife is a Republican candidate for the local county commission. And Mount Dora, where Dr. Cassell’s office is located, is a town of 10,000 that leans conservative, so perhaps his position is just smart family politics.

That seemed to be the case Friday afternoon, when an older man in a yellow shirt dropped a letter of support into the doctor’s mailbox. Several passers-by also praised the doctor for taking a public stand against the health care overhaul.

“You’re going to see this more and more,” said Bob Cowan, 58, “People are very angry.”

Last edited:
And that's your right and the right of anyone else. but what about his rights?

his right to what avatar?

The fact that such things are occurring illustrates how poisoned our culture has become ...

nope. It says something about this man and people who would support what he has done.

Most normal people in business do not ask clients about their political views. It is offensive to be seeking medical care and have a so-called professional attack you personally because he does not like who you voted for. What the fuck is that all about? Obama won the election. Obama will be running again. Vote against him, but do not attack other Americans because you dislike who won an election.

The fact that such things are occurring illustrates how poisoned our culture has become ...

nope. It says something about this man and people who would support what he has done.

Most normal people in business do not ask clients about their political views. It is offensive to be seeking medical care and have a so-called professional attack you personally because he does not like who you voted for. What the fuck is that all about? Obama won the election. Obama will be running again. Vote against him, but do not attack other Americans because you dislike who won an election.

Huh?

And Obama won the election thanks to whom?

them demorats ain't listening buddy,, they ain't listening. they iz moralizing again.. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

They aren't listening because they exempted themselves families and aids from this healthcare bill. Kinda tells you something when they don't want to use it?

If all government workers were made to use and participate in all the social programs that the citizens are forced into using, none of these systems would be broke and broken!!!! We pay the bill get the shit and these assholes that broke they systems get good pentions it is now time to change this End all government pensions welcome to social security]

I don't think it says that he asked anyone their political views. He simply put a sign on the door that says if you voted for Obama you can go elsewhere.

To my knowledge he didn't ask a soul nor did he turn anyone away. A simple sign that made a political statement that libs don't want to hear. They don't want to hear that there are doctors (let alone people) out there that don't like this bill.

Immie

I don't think it says that he asked anyone their political views. He simply put a sign on the door that says if you voted for Obama you can go elsewhere.

To my knowledge he didn't ask a soul nor did he turn anyone away. A simple sign that made a political statement that libs don't want to hear. They don't want to hear that there are doctors (let alone people) out there that don't like this bill.

Immie

Likewise, people who spent 6 years in schools to become doctors don't like politicians to tell them what to do and how to run his business. This doctor message clearly saying to government and to those who elected them to piss off.

P.S. thanks Willow.

Ame®icano;2171686 said:
Likewise, people who spent 6 years in schools to become doctors don't like politicians to tell them what to do and how to run his business. This doctor message clearly saying to government and to those who elected them to piss off.

To me this isn't that big a deal. Okay the doctor, like almost all doctors these days, was angry and frustrated at the legislation and used the sign to express his anger and frustration.

Was the sign in poor taste and inappropriate? In my opinion, it was.

Does the sign reflect the doctor's opinion and attitude toward his patients? I think that is highly unlikely.

It isn't much different from me dealing with a call center or business person or public service employee who barely speaks English. That's when I very much appreciate and might use a saying like: Press 1 for English; Press 2 to disconnect until you can speak English. Would that reflect the way I deal with others? No. It simply reflects my frustration at having to deal with somebody who can't communicate in a language I can speak or understand.

I would bet a good steak dinner that the objectionable sign on the doctor's door is much the same kind of thing.

Only Libs are making big deal out of it. You don't see them making big deal of having our Constitution shredded to pieces, or with projected bill cost of $1 trillion. Of course they're not concerned about anything for what they are not paying for.

Forum List

Back