Fla. doc's sign warns off Obama supporters

nope, but you specifically noted Libs/conservatives in your post!

Do you believe the Doctor broke his oath or not? Just want that to be clear before we continue this debate....

I only noted "libs/conservatvies" because Rikules indicated that ALL conservatives would whine about the situation, which I personally believe to be an incorrect statement.

I think the question as to whether or not he broke his oath is an opinion that can be left open for discussion.

First, we have to know the facts. Did he refuse service to anyone who came to him? By that I mean, if a person who voted for Obama came in and identified himself as a supporter of Obama, did he refuse service?

Before I can answer your question, I have to know the answer to that. Because simply posting a sign saying that Obama voters should go elsewhere is not in my opinion a violation of his oath. If he turned such people away, then I might be able to agree with you.

Immie

first and foremost,

WE HAVE A SECRET BALLOT in this country....it is NONE of this Doctor's business one way or the other, regarding this kind of information.

second,

did you read the article in full?

third

What do you suppose the purpose of the doctor's sign in his patient lobby door was and how does it relate to the care his patients have been PAYING for??

the article said that one patient complained and one of his patients walked out, i am presuming this is for just the one day the news crew was there....

I don't see where he asked them who they voted for.

I do see where he said that if you voted for Obama you could seek services elsewhere. He left the choice up to them.

What do I suppose the purpose of the sign was for? Um, quite simply a political statement made by a member of this society which as far as I know still relishes the ideals of the Freedom of Speech.

How does it relate to the care he gives his patients? Did you see anywhere in the article that stated that he asked patients who they voted for? I didn't. Therefore, I doubt it affected the care he provided in any way at all.

Immie

More proof of the Republican party's health care proposal: Drop dead.

And who has told anyone to drop dead?

See this is the problem I have with you. You arent honest about what your opponents are saying.

his right to what avatar?

A doctor who runs his own practice is also a business person. As a business person, he may want to receive a certain amount of money for his services rendered to those who choose to hire him.

The new provisions for health insurance will redefine that arrangement. If he does not agree with the terms of the redefinition, he has the right to say so.

Absent the redefinition, though, he should be able to charge whatever he wants. If it's too high, he should go out of business. If it's excessively high and yet he retains customers, the customers have determined that his service is worthy.

Under the new definitions, worthiness will play no role driving the practice of medicine into a regulated to a lower level state of being.

There is nothing wrong with Walmart, but occassionally, I like to walk through Macy's. If I'm feeling particularly uppity, Von Maur. Love that live piano music.

And what is the purpose for him to put the sign on the door and essentially SPIT in his own patient's faces? What do his patients now, have to do with Obamacare? What right does he have to bring politics in to his medical practice and his one on one care with his patients?

He deserves to LOSE HIS LICENSE, he is NOT mentally sound to put a sign like that on his door for his own patients to read....they have a RIGHT to receive the medical care they have paid this doctor for WITHOUT his political leanings and dismay becoming a part of it.

I see your standard - Open Republican - insane

The publicity will get him more right wing whacko's as patients but he will lose patients who want a doctor who is concerned with their well being more than their politics

So you admit that the Democrats aren't thinking of our well being when they pull their political manuvers to pass health care? Well, that's progress.

I agree with code. Stupid but not illegal or even immoral. Just bad business. I'd question his judgment.I predict that the sign comes down shortly. He got to vent.

Ame®icano;2170364 said:
No, not the point.... but as a business owner, since his rights seem to only matter to some....does he have this "right" to turn them down because they are black and does that right to his own opinion, give him the right to discriminate, because his rights superceed the rights of others?

No new patients are coming to this guy's door, the sign was for patients he ALREADY ACCEPTED as patients...

coming to his office for their SCHEDULED health care visit with them...he has put a sign on his door that is pretty intimidating and downright crazy, for his own patients, who may differ with his political view to see...does he have the right to impose his political views on to his existing patients when they are paying him for only his Medical treatment and care?

I don't think he should...I believe it is unethical and against his oath and code of ethics.....that's what I am saying.

@ underlined

Where does the sign says he's turning anyone because they are black?

You keep implying something that doesn't exist.

AS I said,, the question I am asking is:

DOES his or ANY DOCOTR'S rights trump the rights of others, as EXAMPLE, can he turn down a black person because he is black, JUST BECAUSE of his supposed 'right' to choose the patients he wants to care for, as his own business owner?

If not, why not?

I am NOT saying he did do this, but could he do this because of his right to make his own business decisions as an owner?

If you don't like Black as an example, use Christian.

Immie already answered, here are my two cents.

If he has right to do something, then he can do it.

As far your example goes, let's say he refuses to give service to rich. Would you still complain about it?

Ame®icano;2170283 said:

That would be relevant only if he get them and then didn't pay them back.
Except it would make him look like a hypocrite. Well, more of one.
How so? Do you know for certain he took the loan from government?

Beside, it doesn't matter where he gets it, as long he paid it back.

if a liberal doctor did this every con in the country would cry FOUL and want his license revoked

but they APPROVE of his RIGHT to do this when it's a deranged con

Sorry, but that is completely incorrect and a fabrication on your part. I for one would not cry foul. I would not approve of it in the same way that I do not approve of this doctor's choice, but I would not be whining as many here are doing.

I'm sure there would be some conservatives who complained about it, even cried foul, but just as there are some libs here who haven't bitched about it, there would be conservatives who ignored it as well.

Immie

I am not bitching about it because I am a Liberal or because I am a Conservative....my bitch, is that it is unethical....AS the oath, the Doctor TOOK says.

I am voicing my opinion on it immie, as you are....if you call that whining then welcome to the club! ;):thup:

Unethical, period.

On that part I agree with you.

Now, should we talk about ethics in Washington that caused this?

Whenever they say we were just as bad when Bush was in office, ask them to link to a left leaning doc who did this back then.

THEY WONT BE ABLE TOO. These righty's are losing their minds.

Ame®icano;2171136 said:
Sorry, but that is completely incorrect and a fabrication on your part. I for one would not cry foul. I would not approve of it in the same way that I do not approve of this doctor's choice, but I would not be whining as many here are doing.

I'm sure there would be some conservatives who complained about it, even cried foul, but just as there are some libs here who haven't bitched about it, there would be conservatives who ignored it as well.

Immie

I am not bitching about it because I am a Liberal or because I am a Conservative....my bitch, is that it is unethical....AS the oath, the Doctor TOOK says.

I am voicing my opinion on it immie, as you are....if you call that whining then welcome to the club! ;):thup:

Unethical, period.

no....because the ethics in congress did not cause this....there is no one to blame but this hysterical man himself...he put the sign up, he is to blame. :confused:

I agree with code. Stupid but not illegal or even immoral. Just bad business. I'd question his judgment.I predict that the sign comes down shortly. He got to vent.

I wonder, without even talking to them, how he feels about blacks in his waiting room.

I wonder how any of us would feel if the government were forcing us to take a 21% cut in pay and then perform job duties we found repugnant.

The doctor is not a slave. He has the right to determine how he conducts his private practice - as well as the right to Free Speech.

Ame®icano;2171136 said:

Unethical, period.

no....because the ethics in congress did not cause this....there is no one to blame but this hysterical man himself...he put the sign up, he is to blame. :confused:

Again with the "hysterical man" accusation? Do you have any proof that this man is acting in a hysterical manner? He seems very calm and collected to me. Or does the fact that he has done something anti-Obama make him hysterical in your mind?

Hysterical | Define Hysterical at Dictionary.com

hys·ter·i·cal
   /hɪˈstɛrɪkəl/ Show Spelled[hi-ster-i-kuhl] Show IPA
–adjective
of, pertaining to, or characterized by hysteria.
uncontrollably emotional.
irrational from fear, emotion, or an emotional shock.
causing hysteria.
suffering from or subject to hysteria.
causing unrestrained laughter; very funny: Oh, that joke is hysterical!

Hysteria | Define Hysteria at Dictionary.com

hys·te·ri·a
   /hɪˈstɛriə, -ˈstɪər-/ Show Spelled[hi-ster-ee-uh, -steer-] Show IPA
–noun
an uncontrollable outburst of emotion or fear, often characterized by irrationality, laughter, weeping, etc.
Psychoanalysis. a psychoneurotic disorder characterized by violent emotional outbreaks, disturbances of sensory and motor functions, and various abnormal effects due to autosuggestion.
Psychiatry. conversion disorder.

Please when and if you find any sources that show him acting hysterically, post them.

Immie

Last edited:
Ame®icano;2171136 said:

Unethical, period.

That's where you're wrong. Congress and the WH caused this. No, majority of democrats in Congress and the Wh caused this with deals behind closed doors that would directly affect his business.

I wonder, without even talking to them, how he feels about blacks in his waiting room.

Why? He didn't refuse service to anyone. Whoever entered his waiting room received service.

When you play the Race Card, you are conceding that you do no have an honest argument to make for your cause.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBHCL7MmNyY&feature=related]YouTube - Patrick Star[/ame]

IT is his practice he can accept any patient or not he determines the reasons. That is America

The modern version of that oath reads:

"I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm."

It says nothing about politics. However, politics are mentioned in the American Medical Association's Code of Ethics.

Section 9.012:

"Under no circumstances should physicians allow their differences with patients or their families about political matters to interfere with the delivery of high-quality professional care."

you people are a joke to even support this jackass doctor

The majority of physicians are not members of the AMA. Anyway, so what if he's open about his opinions. Would people really be so shocked to know that many of his colleagues agree and are silently cheering his statement?? I guess some think ignorance is bliss, but at least his patients will know exactly where he stands and then can make their choice.

Forum List

Back