Fiscal Cliff Deal Reached: White House, Hill Leaders Agree To Delay Sequester

And you think a punishment tax on the richer people will fix the economy how?

Who is really going to be punished if H.R. 8 does not pass. Who are going to be punished are those who have let the rich run this country for so many years. Is it poetic justice? Perhaps.

How do "the rich" run this country? Wasn't Obama re-elected? Do you think the rich voted for Obama?

I am referring to the overall government. One that was not built in a day.

And you think a punishment tax on the richer people will fix the economy how?

Who is really going to be punished if H.R. 8 does not pass. Who are going to be punished are those who have let the rich run this country for so many years. Is it poetic justice? Perhaps.

How do "the rich" run this country? Wasn't Obama re-elected? Do you think the rich voted for Obama?

Warren Buffet says he did, and so did all those hollywood types..at least they claim they did....

Haven't noticed any of them volunteering to wright a check to the government though....In fact Buffet has how many lawyers who do nothing but try to save him money on taxes?

Warren Buffet says he did, and so did all those hollywood types..at least they claim they did....

Haven't noticed any of them volunteering to wright a check to the government though....In fact Buffet has how many lawyers who do nothing but try to save him money on taxes?

Yes, Buffet and the Hollywood types did say they were willing to pay higher taxes. Yet, Buffet helped the estate of a large investor avoid taxes recently and the Senate Bill includes a quarter $Billion of tax breaks for Hollywood.

Yay Hypocrites!

Good.
Vote that shit down

down

DOWN

To what ends? We can work on spending when our economy is growing or we can work on it when we are going down. Every try putting out a forest fire when your boot are on fire?

How about we work on spending now, right now? We have had 4 years of the biggest peacetime deficit spending ever. It has done nothing. Our growth rate is about 2% and effectively nothing. Our debt piles up, creating an incredible hazard. In order to get the economy growing we need to cut spending. We dont need to raise taxes. Tax revenue is already the highest it's been in 6 years. It's the spending, stupid.

There is nothing in the bill that forbids fixing problems in the days and months coming. Just as there was nothing forbidding fixing problems the years leading up to this day or from even not passing such legislation in the first place.

Yes, Buffet and the Hollywood types did say they were willing to pay higher taxes. Yet, Buffet helped the estate of a large investor avoid taxes recently and the Senate Bill includes a quarter $Billion of tax breaks for Hollywood.

Yay Hypocrites!

Show me anyone rich who doesn't do the same. For that matter show me anyone who has walked into HnR Block and declared. "Someone here show me how to may a heck of a lot of taxes."

The difference is between the people who are willing to let the rules change and those who are not.

Yay Hypocrites!

Show me anyone rich who doesn't do the same. For that matter show me anyone who has walked into HnR Block and declared. "Someone here show me how to may a heck of a lot of taxes."

The difference is between the people who are willing to let the rules change and those who are not.

What a weasel. Taking advantage of the available tax rates (something Romney did for which you Obamanoids criticized him) and advocating that others pay higher taxes while you are granted an "indulgence" due to political connections are two very different things.

But I doubt your moral relativism will allow you to recognize the distinction.

Yay Hypocrites!

What a weasel. Taking advantage of the available tax rates (something Romney did for which you Obamanoids criticized him) and advocating that others pay higher taxes while you are granted an "indulgence" due to political connections are two very different things.

But I doubt your moral relativism will allow you to recognize the distinction.

Wow, you actually got to see Mitten's tax returns. Care to share?

And what ""indulgences"" are you referring to?

Yay Hypocrites!

But we are talking about people who have been rather vocal about wanting to pay more....There is no law that says you can't...But they certainly don't.... Let Obama put his money where his mouth is...lets see him get the ball started, he can give up an extra 3 percent instead of getting a raise... Lets see how many follow his example?

Fact is fact, taxing the rich will not help the debt.

Grover Norquist has surrendered. He would vote for the bill if he were in Congress. He is trying to make his surrender sound as if it is a GOP victory. It's not. It is a smart tactical retreat that will preserve GOP honor sans TeaP nonsense for next term.

The GOP can now, if this passes, hold the dems feet to the fire on spending cut in the next term.

Grover Norquist has surrendered. He would vote for the bill if he were in Congress. He is trying to make his surrender sound as if it is a GOP victory. It's not. It is a smart tactical retreat that will preserve GOP honor sans TeaP nonsense for next term.

The GOP can now, if this passes, hold the dems feet to the fire on spending cut in the next term.

Spending cuts that will never come and you know it.............

They will come in defense, primarily, and a restructuring of SS and Medicare (for which you and I paid out of our pockets) and a reform of Medicaid.

VERY nice speech Dreier. He served for three decades and did not seek re-election. His district was redistricted and best I can tell he will be replaced by Gary Miller (R).

Yay Hypocrites!

But we are talking about people who have been rather vocal about wanting to pay more....There is no law that says you can't...But they certainly don't.... Let Obama put his money where his mouth is...lets see him get the ball started, he can give up an extra 3 percent instead of getting a raise... Lets see how many follow his example?

Fact is fact, taxing the rich will not help the debt.

There is just a little difference in believing the rules should change and wanting to pay more taxes.

Forum List

Back