Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

Still trying to figure out your malfunction here. If the public has decided the direction of the company where's the problem?

It is the board and ceo. The public is not making these decisions, sorry.
Ah, so it isn't your business after all.

Yes every stock holder is an owner. Being an owner makes it their business. It's very simple really, why is it so hard for you to understand? I knew you were slow, but this is ridiculous.

No, dipshit. Every stockholder does NOT have a stake in the decisions of the Board, other than to decide to keep the stock vs. sell the stock. That would be why they sell voting stock AND non-voting stock.

You don't like the Board's decision? Sell. Do NOT sit around insisting that it's YOUR place to override that decision with the help of Daddy Government.

As long as I own it is my business.

You are not now, nor have you ever been, "the owner".

Again, unless you're paying them, it's none of your business.

I own stocks in those companies so yes it is my business.
No. It isn't. Stock holders may only vote or sell their shares. There is no stock holder that has any say in day to day operations. For obvious reasons there is a wall of separation between the two. If you are unhappy, your only recourse is to sell your shares. Other than that, you are pissing into the wind.

Again, I am an owner. It is my business.

Why do I think that, at most, you own ten common shares of Microsoft or something and think that makes you Bill Gates?

Because you are an idiot?

Yeah, the same way a blackjack player standing on 17 is "an idiot". Just playing the odds, Chuckles.

It's a difficult argument because conservatives are blessed with more logic than liberals. It's difficult for them to understand logic.

For instance, in an earlier debate, Brainwave and others stated that Wal-Mart put people on welfare. How can Walmart do that? They haven't done it to me!! But this is what I'm talking about: you can't explain that to them. You can't get through that people are responsible for their own plight in life--not Walmart. They simply can't grasp the concept that people end up at Walmart for making bad choices in life. They believe Walmart made bad choices for them. People are not responsible for their choices, so it's Walmart's duty to compensate those who chose failure.

People don't kill people, guns kill people. Again, logic dictates that guns can't do such a thing. You need somebody to get a gun and kill people. Their second argument of course is that if we make it harder on good people to buy guns, the bad guys won't be able to get them. How can anybody but a liberal follow logic like that????

I personally like the assumption implicit in "WalMart puts its employees on welfare" that those people weren't on welfare before they went to work at WalMart, and wouldn't continue to be on welfare if WalMart canned them.

WalMart didn't put them on welfare. They put themselves on it, and WalMart was generous enough to offer them an opportunity to start working their way off of it. And instead of giving WalMart credit for doing this share of lessening the drain on the nation's social programs, they get excoriated for not singlehandedly fixing these assholes' lives for them for very little return value.

Well what do you expect? Brain is an expert on stock investments and the trucking industry as well. He seems to know so much more about these things than we do.

I used to do deliveries for two companies. Each had an employee that unloaded my truck that got a job at Wal-Mart part-time for extra money. They both told me of opportunities to move up at their part-time job, and were considering a full-time position because the healthcare benefits were better than their current full-time job.

They both eventually left their companies to pursue those Walmart opportunities. Walmart does offer the best opportunity to move up if you're aggressive enough like those employees I mentioned. I don't know what the one did, but the other moved up to part-time assistant manager, and they wanted him full time as the manager. Apparently he accepted because when I went there one day for a delivery, he was long gone.

I used to be a truck driver, and WalMart runs were among my favorites (yes, they have their own company drivers, but as I'm sure you know, they also contract out with individual firms to get complete coverage). Their warehouse nodes were always clean, in good repair, and staffed by efficient, knowledgeable people with easy, comprehensible systems. And back before the DOT cracked down on driver work hours and some companies *cough*KMart*cough* were too cheap to pay the insurance for lumpers to unload the trucks, WalMart always had them. And never once did I drive up to a WalMart store, take one look at their loading dock area, and say, "Are you fucking kidding me right now? I'm a truck driver, not a miracle worker."
There's no way I would want to drive trucks with all the idiots on the road, I'm afraid I would turn into Mad Max.

It takes an awful lot of self-control and meditation. You'll notice I said I USED to be a truck driver.
Yep. For a second there I thought you said 'medication'.

Well to believe ceo pay has gone up the way it has just because of the market you'd have to be a moron. That seems to be the case with you.

Well, to believe that I'm responsible for the argument you want to oppose about markets when I never said a word about markets, you'd have to be a moron . . . which we all KNOW is the case with you.

What I said was, "CEO pay is decided by the people who are paying the money, so it's no one else's business." See if you can wrap both your functioning brain cells around the concept of "none of your business".

So even you know it is a rigged game. Well that is good. But it is the business of every share holder. So that is actually a whole lot of people for most companies. Thanks for playing, you lose again.

Blah blah blah "whatever you say, I'm going to interpret as exactly what I want to hear, no matter how unrelated".

There is not enough NoDoze in the world to keep your posts from boring me to sleep.

Yet you keep responding and ignoring the facts.

Oh, you had a fact? It must have gotten buried under the mass of bullshit, Internet-millionaire claims. You might want to throw the poor little thing a life preserver or something.

Ah it seems you aren't that bored. Thanks for proving yourself wrong. Bravo.

It is the board and ceo. The public is not making these decisions, sorry.

Yes every stock holder is an owner. Being an owner makes it their business. It's very simple really, why is it so hard for you to understand? I knew you were slow, but this is ridiculous.

No, dipshit. Every stockholder does NOT have a stake in the decisions of the Board, other than to decide to keep the stock vs. sell the stock. That would be why they sell voting stock AND non-voting stock.

You don't like the Board's decision? Sell. Do NOT sit around insisting that it's YOUR place to override that decision with the help of Daddy Government.

I am an owner. That is what happens when companies go public. There are lots of owners and what he company does is their business.

I own stocks in those companies so yes it is my business.
No. It isn't. Stock holders may only vote or sell their shares. There is no stock holder that has any say in day to day operations. For obvious reasons there is a wall of separation between the two. If you are unhappy, your only recourse is to sell your shares. Other than that, you are pissing into the wind.

Again, I am an owner. It is my business.

Why do I think that, at most, you own ten common shares of Microsoft or something and think that makes you Bill Gates?

Because you are an idiot?

Yeah, the same way a blackjack player standing on 17 is "an idiot". Just playing the odds, Chuckles.

It's called talking out of your ass. You do it almost every post.

I am an owner. That is what happens when companies go public. There are lots of owners and what he company does is their business.
LOL. Looks like she said "the owner" but still, calling yourself an owner because you have a few stocks in the company is seriously pathetic.

You own stock for the purposes of investment. That's all.

If you and I decide we are going to partner up and buy a Dairy Queen, and I only invest 20% of the cost, that doesn't give me rights to anything. All I am doing is buying a fraction of a company for investment purposes only. You, owning the other 80% of the company run it. You make the decisions, you take care of the bookwork, you hire and fire the employees, you decide how much they will earn per hour or week. That's what Cecilie is trying to explain to you.

In stocks, you do own part of the company, but perhaps a fraction of 1%. That being said, the only interest or participation you have is to collect profit or suffer the loss.

If you and I decide we are going to partner up and buy a Dairy Queen, and I only invest 20% of the cost, that doesn't give me rights to anything. All I am doing is buying a fraction of a company for investment purposes only. You, owning the other 80% of the company run it. You make the decisions, you take care of the bookwork, you hire and fire the employees, you decide how much they will earn per hour or week. That's what Cecilie is trying to explain to you.

In stocks, you do own part of the company, but perhaps a fraction of 1%. That being said, the only interest or participation you have is to collect profit or suffer the loss.

And it is your business. You are effected by how it is run. Sorry but to claim it isn't my business when I am an owner is just stupid. You clowns should give it up already. Collecting profit or suffering loss effects me. That means it is my business!!!

I have a far bigger investment in these companies than most of you have in politics, yet you are still on here bitching every day. You are just one of over 300 million people. By your arguments you shouldn't be on here bitching about politics. Follow your arguments and go away.

I personally like the assumption implicit in "WalMart puts its employees on welfare" that those people weren't on welfare before they went to work at WalMart, and wouldn't continue to be on welfare if WalMart canned them.

WalMart didn't put them on welfare. They put themselves on it, and WalMart was generous enough to offer them an opportunity to start working their way off of it. And instead of giving WalMart credit for doing this share of lessening the drain on the nation's social programs, they get excoriated for not singlehandedly fixing these assholes' lives for them for very little return value.

Well what do you expect? Brain is an expert on stock investments and the trucking industry as well. He seems to know so much more about these things than we do.

I used to do deliveries for two companies. Each had an employee that unloaded my truck that got a job at Wal-Mart part-time for extra money. They both told me of opportunities to move up at their part-time job, and were considering a full-time position because the healthcare benefits were better than their current full-time job.

They both eventually left their companies to pursue those Walmart opportunities. Walmart does offer the best opportunity to move up if you're aggressive enough like those employees I mentioned. I don't know what the one did, but the other moved up to part-time assistant manager, and they wanted him full time as the manager. Apparently he accepted because when I went there one day for a delivery, he was long gone.

I used to be a truck driver, and WalMart runs were among my favorites (yes, they have their own company drivers, but as I'm sure you know, they also contract out with individual firms to get complete coverage). Their warehouse nodes were always clean, in good repair, and staffed by efficient, knowledgeable people with easy, comprehensible systems. And back before the DOT cracked down on driver work hours and some companies *cough*KMart*cough* were too cheap to pay the insurance for lumpers to unload the trucks, WalMart always had them. And never once did I drive up to a WalMart store, take one look at their loading dock area, and say, "Are you fucking kidding me right now? I'm a truck driver, not a miracle worker."
There's no way I would want to drive trucks with all the idiots on the road, I'm afraid I would turn into Mad Max.

It takes an awful lot of self-control and meditation. You'll notice I said I USED to be a truck driver.
Yep. For a second there I thought you said 'medication'.

That too.

Actually, funny coincidence, one of the reason I no longer drive a truck is because I started on a medication that's not well-indicated for operation of heavy machinery. Just as well, since the long-term side effects include RLS, which would make double-clutching that sucker for 10-11 hours straight impossible.

Well, to believe that I'm responsible for the argument you want to oppose about markets when I never said a word about markets, you'd have to be a moron . . . which we all KNOW is the case with you.

What I said was, "CEO pay is decided by the people who are paying the money, so it's no one else's business." See if you can wrap both your functioning brain cells around the concept of "none of your business".

So even you know it is a rigged game. Well that is good. But it is the business of every share holder. So that is actually a whole lot of people for most companies. Thanks for playing, you lose again.

Blah blah blah "whatever you say, I'm going to interpret as exactly what I want to hear, no matter how unrelated".

There is not enough NoDoze in the world to keep your posts from boring me to sleep.

Oh, you had a fact? It must have gotten buried under the mass of bullshit, Internet-millionaire claims. You might want to throw the poor little thing a life preserver or something.

Wrong. The fact that I'm acknowledging your existence is proof that I'm exactly that bored, not proof that I'm not. If I had the option right now of doing anything more interesting - like picking lint out of my belly button, for example - I would be doing that instead.

Wrong. The fact that I'm acknowledging your existence is proof that I'm exactly that bored, not proof that I'm not. If I had the option right now of doing anything more interesting - like picking lint out of my belly button, for example - I would be doing that instead.

You are one sad person.

You are one sad person.
....says the guy that thinks he's a business owner since he has some stock. Go operate a business for a while and see it it's the same thing.

You are one sad person.

Only to the extent that rampant stupidity makes me sad for the future of humanity. YOU make me positively weep with fatalism.

And it is your business. You are effected by how it is run. Sorry but to claim it isn't my business when I am an owner is just stupid. You clowns should give it up already. Collecting profit or suffering loss effects me. That means it is my business!!!

I have a far bigger investment in these companies than most of you have in politics, yet you are still on here bitching every day. You are just one of over 300 million people. By your arguments you shouldn't be on here bitching about politics. Follow your arguments and go away.

The only business you have is growing your money--that's it. As for how the business operates, that's their business. If you don't like the way they operate their business, you simply pull out of their company because you can't change how they do things. It's not up to you.

It's a difficult argument because conservatives are blessed with more logic than liberals. It's difficult for them to understand logic.

For instance, in an earlier debate, Brainwave and others stated that Wal-Mart put people on welfare. How can Walmart do that? They haven't done it to me!! But this is what I'm talking about: you can't explain that to them. You can't get through that people are responsible for their own plight in life--not Walmart. They simply can't grasp the concept that people end up at Walmart for making bad choices in life. They believe Walmart made bad choices for them. People are not responsible for their choices, so it's Walmart's duty to compensate those who chose failure.

People don't kill people, guns kill people. Again, logic dictates that guns can't do such a thing. You need somebody to get a gun and kill people. Their second argument of course is that if we make it harder on good people to buy guns, the bad guys won't be able to get them. How can anybody but a liberal follow logic like that????

I still am...local, in the Boston area every day.

Yeah, it can get hairy.

That too.

Actually, funny coincidence, one of the reason I no longer drive a truck is because I started on a medication that's not well-indicated for operation of heavy machinery. Just as well, since the long-term side effects include RLS, which would make double-clutching that sucker for 10-11 hours straight impossible.

You use the clutch to shift? Why do you torture yourself?! Hell, I didn't even use the clutch when I shifted my F-350.

You are one sad person.
....says the guy that thinks he's a business owner since he has some stock. Go operate a business for a while and see it it's the same thing.

I do own a business.

You are one sad person.

Only to the extent that rampant stupidity makes me sad for the future of humanity. YOU make me positively weep with fatalism.

I think you make yourself sad.

The only business you have is growing your money--that's it. As for how the business operates, that's their business. If you don't like the way they operate their business, you simply pull out of their company because you can't change how they do things. It's not up to you.

Sorry but being an owner makes it my business.

You have no more influence in politics than I have in these companies. Take your own advice.

Forum List

Back