AI Chatbot taking drive-thru orders...

Like teenagers after school, paying for gas and insurance?
I'm not sure how reality eludes you so.

With automobiles, a few people lost jobs, but more people found jobs.

Cottage industries develop around technological advances. That's just a fact of history.

Who cares if some high-school schlub can't get a job handing out bags of food? Even for adolescents, jobs are getting more sophisticated.

I'm not sure how reality eludes you so
:lol:
yeah, they are going to build all those machines here! Its going to keep people busy full time!
Yeah, what kids need jobs? Thats fucking stupid.
I started working and paying taxes at 14. Taught myself some responsibility and my vehicle broke state records for SPL. I had something to be proud of because it was all mine. Boy, I really fucked up.

I'm not sure how reality eludes you so.

With automobiles, a few people lost jobs, but more people found jobs.

Cottage industries develop around technological advances. That's just a fact of history.

Who cares if some high-school schlub can't get a job handing out bags of food? Even for adolescents, jobs are getting more sophisticated.
That's not what's going to happen in this case.

Minimum wage jobs were never expected to be "living wages". They were for kids and people looking to supplement their income. All that crap is doing is accelerating the elimination of those jobs. Every kid looking for a part time/summer job says fuck you very much, you moronic adults who won't get a real job so you fucked up our jobs. Like all liberal positions, they make whatever situations they claim they are trying to help worse.

How do you know?
Common sense.

Where is the manufacturing? In China.

What are we? A service economy.

Let's take automating trucks and cabs and buses.

We are talking about the loss of 30 million jobs.

What "cottage industries" do you think will "spring up"?

The new parts will be made in China and a team in Silicon Valley will write the code until the AI becomes sophisticated enough to write the code itself.

There will be a handful of new jobs created on the assembly line to bolt on the new parts...if that isn't automated as well.

Hell, even the parts production might well be automated.

So ... what jobs have been created for those 30 million people that are now without a job.

And how about the 30 million behind them that won't have transportation available as a career?

The forklifts will be automated, the receptionist will be automated, the insurance salesman will be automated, the janitorial staff will be automated, your doctor will be automated.

So what jobs in the US do you think these unemployed workers will have open to them?

Common sense.

Where is the manufacturing? In China.

What are we? A service economy.

Let's take automating trucks and cabs and buses.

We are talking about the loss of 30 million jobs.

What "cottage industries" do you think will "spring up"?

The new parts will be made in China and a team in Silicon Valley will write the code.

There will be a handful of new jobs created on the assembly line to bolt on the new parts...if that isn't automated as well.

Hell, even the parts production might well be automated.

So ... what jobs have been created for those 30 million people that are now without a job.

And how about the 30 million behind them that won't have transportation available as a career?

The forklifts will be automated, the receptionist will be automated, the insurance salesman will be automated, the janitorial staff will be automated, your doctor will be automated.

So what jobs in the US do you think these unemployed workers will have open to them?
Even if manufacturing and software development are abroad, that is still jobs being created, irrespective of our own liberal policies.

Chatbots may get your order wrong, so no change there. But at least they know how to make change.

People used to know how to make change.

I knew how to make change when I was seven years old.

American "education" needs to TEACH.

Even if manufacturing and software development are abroad, that is still jobs being created, irrespective of our own liberal policies.
Very, very few jobs compared to the number of workers that will be displaced. And even those jobs will be overtaken by automation.

It will be nothing at all like the industrial revolution. The Blacksmith had a skill that it would take years for an apprentice to emulate.

The industrial revolution CREATED millions of low skill jobs that a worker could be trained to manage in hours or days.

The AI revolution will do just the opposite...displace millions of low skill workers.

And what are those people to do without the opportunity for employment???

It gets worse. Without income...what are they going to consume???

Apple iphones? New cars? They going to eat out? Hell no.

It's going to be a disaster.

Forum List

Back