AI Chatbot taking drive-thru orders...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Yep... It's true. Wendy's, and I'm sure other fast food restaurants will follow, has begun a pilot program to replacing some of those $15 an hour workers with automated Google-trained Chatbots.

According to the article 80% of Wendy's traffic is now drive thru orders.

With automated interior kiosks and an automated drive thru, Wendy's has effectively eliminated at least one, and probably two employees per shift per store.

Yep... It's true. Wendy's, and I'm sure other fast food restaurants will follow, has begun a pilot program to replacing some of those $15 an hour workers with automated Google-trained Chatbots.

According to the article 80% of Wendy's traffic is now drive thru orders.

With automated interior kiosks and an automated drive thru, Wendy's has effectively eliminated at least one, and probably two employees per shift per store.

/——-/ Nobody saw that coming.

It is bound to happen. They are even using AI for telemarketing. All of this is evolution until the Terminators take us out. Until then, ,enjoy the ride.

This is why even a free market capitalist like myself is open to the idea of Guaranteed Income Supplements. People have little appreciation for how broadly A.I is going to displace workers. We are only in it's infancy. Japan is much further along in the integration into the economy, China catching up.

Chatbots may get your order wrong, so no change there. But at least they know how to make change.
Checkers had been using AI drive through for a minute now. I asked a lady working there how she liked it. She said it's great because it's never late and doesn't call out

Forum List

Back