Face it Conservorinos..Obama's doing a good job.

Reality Check Class.... We are in an uncontrolled downward spiral due to out of control Government spending. Nothing is being Saved or Fixed for that matter. The Cycle needs to end, that's the hard truth. Government cannot fix the problem by raising Taxes. Government needs to root out corruption, incompetence, and misappropriation of Tax Dollars. There is No Santa.
The Obama touts His new budget as meaningful deficit reduction, knocking off $1000B from the deficit by 2021. This means He -plans- to add $10,000B to the debt over the next 10 years.

Thats His PLAN. It assumes that spending won't increase past projections and that revemue will not drop below expectations. It also doesnt include the tax dollars that will have to go to pay back the IOUs in the SS "trust rund".

Boys and girls, trade your 401k for ammunition.

Despite the rants of the right..President Obama's proved time and time again he can handle it..and with a great amount of grace. He's got it down when it comes to the ridiculous hyperbole..and he does it with style. Although he sometimes infuriates me with his olive branches to the right..gotta say..he's got a lock on keeping his enemies close.

And while I don't think he's charmed, indeed, alot of the work has been tough, he's been able to keep above the fray.

So 2012 looks like it's going to be a lock. Even my conservative friends are grudgingly admitting to that.

:lol:

Yea, just swell. $15,476,000,000,000 and counting. Perfect.

Robert

I don't think its a tax in the classical sense
Tax:
tax n. a governmental assessment (charge) upon property value, transactions (transfers and sales), licenses granting a right, and/or income. These include Federal and state income taxes, county and city taxes on real property, state and/or local sales tax based on a percentage of each retail transaction, duties on imports from foreign countries, business licenses, Federal tax (and some states' taxes) on the estates of persons who have died, taxes on large gifts, and a state "use" tax in lieu of sales tax imposed on certain goods bought outside of the state. (See: income tax, estate tax, gift tax, use tax, unified estate and gift tax, franchise tax)
tax legal definition of tax. tax synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
It is certainly a tax.

as its not pegged to a scale, its topped at 106K, it is not 'progressive',
None of these conditions must exist for something to be a tax.

You are correct, it isn't Obama's job to create jobs...it's also not his job to punish businesses, thereby destroying jobs. No, we don't have a free market, and no this isn't what we get. If you think we have had a capitalistic society or a free market, you are sadly mistaken. I would say we truly haven't had a free market since mid-late 1800's. The regulation began sometime around that era and has grown exponential since. The over-regulation of our economy has now strangled our economy.

I'm afraid you are misguided on your thoughts about a free market. If you truly want to learn about a free market economy, I suggest you do some reading on Milton Friedman.

With regards to taxes, yes, we have to cut spending too. That is a huge part as well. However, if we continue to punish individuals and businesses, we will never rebuild our economy either. It's all a part of the same problem.[/QUOTE]

No, we do not live in a free market society any longer, that obviously did not work. My ultimate point was certain things are out of the control of government. If you want government out of the private sector then don't complain to the president or the government when the jobs go overseas. And the "over-regulation" is what has kept little kids out of factories and safe food in the markets.

And no one is denying that cutting spending is a bad idea, but nobody seems willing to cut anything else. Those tax cuts we just extended? They should have expired.

The payroll tax is not a tax? Are you retarded?

Seriously...I'm genuinely curious...are you retarded? What is your IQ?

More word games from a dumb asshat...

The Bush tax cuts were not expired, they were extended...

Go be an asshat in another thread...

Do you ever wonder why even the libs here think you are a fuckstain?

Seriously... Do you?

OK, open audition here!!!

Does ANYONE agree with Dr. House that the payroll tax is not a tax??

Sign in please!

I will agree that Dr. House is a fuckstain.

Personally, I don't think close to 10% unemployment (Which is hire if you count the people who stopped looking), inflation, or Massive spending are indicators of someone doing a good job running things.

Maybe it's just me.

This economy is not going to get better. With the rising inflation and the real unemployment well over 10%, we are walking into a disaster. Anyone see gas prices lately? I went grocery shopping for the family and spent $430. We never spend that much!!!

You Obama worshipers need to wake up and look at the real world. Obama is not going to save us and he is doing nothing different that any other president, and congress is not doing anything different then any other congress.

Everyone needs to get their house in order NOW. Literally and figuratively.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock

This economy is not going to get better. With the rising inflation and the real unemployment well over 10%, we are walking into a disaster. Anyone see gas prices lately? I went grocery shopping for the family and spent $430. We never spend that much!!!

You Obama worshipers need to wake up and look at the real world. Obama is not going to save us and he is doing nothing different that any other president, and congress is not doing anything different then any other congress.

Everyone needs to get their house in order NOW. Literally and figuratively.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock

The problem with these people is as long as the entire media isn't saying it they don't think it.

Everyone knows the media is trying to support Obama. They're grasping at any positive news they can find. They have to resort to economic projections to report good news, then a month later they release reports that the actual performance is lower then expectations. But then they flood us with even more positive projections. It's a sham.

These people have no idea that we are a couple of weeks from a government shut-down and Obama wants it. He puts out this budget that begins slamming us with heavy taxes after the election and ignores the fact that he hasn't submitted a budget for this year. He wants the Republicans to look like the bad guys because he's painting this rosy picture and the Republicans are telling us the morbid truth. They want to kill babies and force the elderly to eat dog-food.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think close to 10% unemployment (Which is hire if you count the people who stopped looking), inflation, or Massive spending are indicators of someone doing a good job running things.

Maybe it's just me.

Actually, if they stop using these deliberately distorted figures, and include the unemployed who have literally now given up even the hopE of trying to find work, the actual unemployment number is somewhere between 16 to 18 percent.

This is a hint. It is a hint that President Obama and the liberal Democrat Congress policies that have driven us here suck. We now have reason to hope, however. For unless the new Republican Congress flops on its face, they will stop producing the ridiculous laws that the past Congress did so cavalierly.

The phonies in Congress, primarily gas-bag liberal Democratics, pretend that everything they do now is driven by the concern for jobs, jobs, jobs. Bullshit. But everything they have been doing has been driven by a common denominator: Deficits, Deficits, Deficits. And that is a recipe for pending doom. They HAVE to stop it immediately.

Last edited:

Maybe it's just me.

That assumes that you believe our economy is run by the government.

Was Reagan doing a lousy job in 82 when unemployment was at 10%?

More word games from a dumb asshat...

The Bush tax cuts were not expired, they were extended...

Go be an asshat in another thread...

Do you ever wonder why even the libs here think you are a fuckstain?

Seriously... Do you?

OK, open audition here!!!

Does ANYONE agree with Dr. House that the payroll tax is not a tax??

Sign in please!

I don't think its a tax in the classical sense, as its not pegged to a scale, its topped at 106K, it is not 'progressive', ( but is basically 'refunded' via tax 'credits' to those in lower brackets ante no net tax responsibility) its for a 'set' enacted fund for use after ones retirement, I'd actually call it a fee. *shrugs* its a tax like no other, for lack of a better phrase.

So there's no such thing as a regressive tax?

So if we had a flat tax, it wouldn't be a tax?

You might more ignorant than Dr. House on this one. At least he had the sense just to shut up and run off.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Avg. retail price/gallon gas in U.S. 2009/ 2011
$1.83/ $3.104
Crude oil, European Brent (barrel) 2009/ 2011
$43.48 /$99.02
Crude oil, West TX Inter. (barrel) 2009/ 2011
$38.74 /$91.38
Gold: London (per troy oz.) 2009/ 2011
$853.25 /$1,369.50
Corn, No.2 yellow, Central IL 2009/ 2011
$3.56 /$6.33
Soybeans, No. 1 yellow, IL 2009/ 2011
$9.66 /$13.75
Sugar, cane, raw, world, lb. fob 2009/ 2011
$13.37 /$35.39
Unemployment rate, non-farm, overall 2009/ 2011
7.6% /9.4%
Unemployment rate, blacks
12.6 / 15.8
Real median household income (2008 v 2009)
$50,112 /$49,77
Number of unemployed
11,616,000 / 14,485,000
Number of food stamp recipients (curr = 10/10)
31,983,716 /43,200,878
Number of unemployment benefit recipients (curr = 12/10)
7,526,598 /9,193,838
Number of long-term unemployed
2,600,000 /6,400,000
Poverty rate, individuals (2008 v 2009)
13.2% /14.3%
People in poverty in U.S. (2008 v 2009)
39,800,000 /43,600,000
U.S. rank in Economic Freedom World Rankings
5 / 9
Present Situation Index (curr = 12/10)
29.9 / 23.5
Failed banks (curr = 2010 + 2011 to date)
140 / 164
National debt, in trillions
$10.627 / $14.052
youre-doin-a-heck-of-a-job-spill-instead-of-drill-political-poster-1273936352.jpg

Things are so bad and getting worse in the state I live in, I can't even think about Obama.

I do see him giving tons of our money away to criminal dictators lazy drug users and wallstreet crooks welfare abusers and illegal aliens.

But they all do that. The pricks.

He had the opportunity to take the lead with bold cuts in spending in the budget plan that was released yesterday. He didn't. Oh yeah, he's doing a bang up job. *rolling eyes*

President Obama's proposed budget would add more than $9.7 trillion to the national debt over the next decade, congressional budget analysts said Friday. Proposed tax cuts for the middle class account for nearly a third of that shortfall.

The 10-year outlook released by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office is somewhat gloomier than White House projections, which found that Obama's budget request would produce deficits that would add about $8.5 trillion to the national debt by 2020

National debt to be higher than White House forecast, CBO says - washingtonpost.com

Forum List

Back