f16 vs Crowd

Originally posted by menewa
Only through history books.

But I will tell you that today is the age of scientific atrocities.

before gunpowder, soldiers really had to get up close and personal. so your point?

NO menewa - your prior post:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My problem is modern warfare. There is no looking the enemy in the eye any more... I preferred it when war was determined by guts and individual skill of the warriors.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by HGROKIT
Oh really? Been there done that have you? Why don't you tell us about it.

YOU PREFER IT when war was determined by guts and individual skill of the warriors.

Since you PREFER IT, damn it tell me all about it - not shit like this:

quote:

After my kid got wounded, he shot the son of a bitch that got him in the face at point blank range. You gonna call that an atrocity?

If you are gonna talk shit - back it up. I don't want to hear what you PREFER - especially if you have no life experience to back it up.

Shit for brains like you making statements like atrocities while good sons, fathers, daughters and mothers are over there doing what you PREFER but imagin you haven't got the guts to do.

Rant no -you just plain pissed me off with your histroy book bullshit. Come out in the world and get a real education.

[Rant no -you just plain pissed me off with your histroy book bullshit. Come out in the world and get a real education. [/B]
\

A very good point. War is hell -- General Sherman.

Menewa,

So talking from a historical perspective, in which your source is only a book, is a perspective very far removed from modern reality. Though history provides excellent lessons, as many military historians know, it is still history. To say you prefer the "guts and glory" of the old wars, shows you have never lost a loved one in battle. BTW, menewa, are you familiar with Samurai history. I do believe they were honorable, however, who stayed alive? Would you rather the Samurai still roam Japan or the world, maybe so, but if you are not Samurai, you may rethink your opinion.

As for what those people were doing:

Obviously, the original target was the large building in the center of the cross hairs in the initial 15 seconds of the video. In fact, the bomb was already falling. The building was probably a suspected haven for insurgents.

Making a judgement, the pilot concluded that the large group of people exiting a tangential alleyway unto that main road, after curfew, probably heard the plane coming, or were otherwise tipped off, and were vacating the structure they believed was about to be destroyed, which makes them insurgents.

For people who complain about the bravery of such an act, I'm not interested in a 'fair fight on the playground' and neither are our top military officials. I want the enemy utterly destroyed, with as much regard for the safety of our troops as is reasonably possible.

Don't ever condescend to say you support our troops if you can't even bring yourself to condone the way they take the fight to the enemy.

I saw this was a suspected Zaqarwi group. We didn't get him though.

Okay - for a couple of you....

The expression is I COULDN'T Care Less...

not I 'could' care less.

I 'could' care less expresses there exists within you a level of caring which is lower than your current amount of caring, therefore, the implication is the issue holds at least a modicum of value.

I 'couldn't' care less tells the reader/listener there exists within you no level of caring which could be classified as 'lower' compared to your existing caring about the specific issue at hand. The implication is the issue holds such little weight, it'd be impossible to remove ANY amount from said level - absolute 'zero' amount of caring.

:)

kay?

;)

Originally posted by -=d=-
Okay - for a couple of you....

The expression is I COULDN'T Care Less...

not I 'could' care less.

I 'could' care less expresses there exists within you a level of caring which is lower than your current amount of caring, therefore, the implication is the issue holds at least a modicum of value.

I 'couldn't' care less tells the reader/listener there exists within you no level of caring which could be classified as 'lower' compared to your existing caring about the specific issue at hand. The implication is the issue holds such little weight, it'd be impossible to remove ANY amount from said level - absolute 'zero' amount of caring.

:)

kay?

;)

but you are assuming! maybe posternuts really feels like your definition in the first paragraph....nah! what was I thinking.

but you are assuming! maybe posternuts really feels like your definition in the first paragraph....nah! what was I thinking.

Indeed, that is the assumption I was holding; based on the context of the nearly-correct use of the term.

:D

btw - did you know that today is "national ride-to-work' day? :)

I rode.

Originally posted by -=d=-
Indeed, that is the assumption I was holding; based on the context of the nearly-correct use of the term.

btw - did you know that today is "national ride-to-work' day? :)

I rode.

I did - Sunday so forgot which means I didn't.

See the news Sunday night?

I did - Sunday so forgot which means I didn't.

See the news Sunday night?

:(

Yes I did! Looked awesome! I think I saw you, actually. Were you on a big loud bike, wearing leather and denim?

:p:

hehe

originally posted by menewa:
"My problem is modern warfare. There is no looking the enemy in the eye any more. It's just about who has the biggest guns or most high tech devices. War today is determined by the wizardry of technology, I preferred it when war was determined by guts and individual skill of the warriors

Your comment is totally outrageous. YOU preferred war on a more personal level??? Who the hell are you to tell our soldiers that it is preferable for them to do hand-to-hand combat as opposed to using our advanced technology in order to minize our own casualties to defeat an enemy? Just exactly where do you come off stating that war is more palatable to you if our own soldiers were exposed to greater risk. You're the worst kind of idiot. You sit on your sorry ass and never miss a single cycle of the airconditioner and you have the goddamn balls to make moronic statements like that.

Tell you what - why don't you try out the style of warfare which you seem to find so glamorous? My guess is that you'd crap in your pants and beg for mercy if you ever had to look down the business end of a rifle.

I've laid off your previous statements because you're not worth talking to. But I feel compelled to tell you that I find you to be a totally worthless, completely reprehensible piece of shit.

In my opinion, the use of technology is MUCH preferable to eyeball-to-eyeball, snot slinging, rolling-in-the-mud, knockdown, drag out slug fests. In my experience, it is kinda nice to watch your opponent's eyes bug out as you bludgeon him to death with a baseball bat, BUT it is sooooo much easier to push a button and vaporize him.

I am not being sarcastic here. Having actually been on both ends of the spectrum (ok, it wasn't a baseball bat!) I can tell you I would much rather have my soldiers sitting back a far ways from the fight and killing the enemy than to have them in a position where they could and would be in gravfe danger. I know there ae some who would say "hey, they knew what they were signing up for!" and "That's what they get paid for!" I am here to tell you that is NOT what they signed up for and it is not what they get paid for!

Originally posted by Merlin1047
originally posted by menewa:
"My problem is modern warfare. There is no looking the enemy in the eye any more. It's just about who has the biggest guns or most high tech devices. War today is determined by the wizardry of technology, I preferred it when war was determined by guts and individual skill of the warriors

Your comment is totally outrageous. YOU preferred war on a more personal level??? Who the hell are you to tell our soldiers that it is preferable for them to do hand-to-hand combat as opposed to using our advanced technology in order to minize our own casualties to defeat an enemy? Just exactly where do you come off stating that war is more palatable to you if our own soldiers were exposed to greater risk. You're the worst kind of idiot. You sit on your sorry ass and never miss a single cycle of the airconditioner and you have the goddamn balls to make moronic statements like that.

Tell you what - why don't you try out the style of warfare which you seem to find so glamorous? My guess is that you'd crap in your pants and beg for mercy if you ever had to look down the business end of a rifle.

I've laid off your previous statements because you're not worth talking to. But I feel compelled to tell you that I find you to be a totally worthless, completely reprehensible piece of shit.

He hasn't responded since I torched him. Doubt he will.

Great post!

Originally posted by CSM
In my opinion, the use of technology is MUCH preferable to eyeball-to-eyeball, snot slinging, rolling-in-the-mud, knockdown, drag out slug fests. In my experience, it is kinda nice to watch your opponent's eyes bug out as you bludgeon him to death with a baseball bat, BUT it is sooooo much easier to push a button and vaporize him.

Amen. It's one thing to get an opinion from someone who is qualified to offer one by virtue of having been there. But when I hear crap like "I preferred warfare....." from some punk whose combat experience is limited to shooting spitballs, it gets me just a little bit hot.

He hasn't responded since I torched him. Doubt he will.

Great post!

Well actually I'm not too proud of it. But I think it needed to be said. Some people need to get a little perspective based on reality instead of some infantile notion of chivalry and warfare.

Well, the statement that he would prefer combat "mano a mano" tells me he has never been in a real fight where lives are at stake. I have seen men espouse such things on the battlefield; I also have seen those same men pick up rocks, sticks and anything else they can get their hands on when they did not have the technological advantage and KNEW the enemy was going to kill them.

One cannot state what they would do when staring death in the face, they can only state what THEY DID in this or that circumstance. Anything else is pure speculation; each time is different. Yesterdays cowarrd could be today's hero and vice versa.

With your attitude, the fact that you are still alive and breathing is beyond me.

All of life is indeed a mystery.

Forum List

Back