Everyone in the U.S. should be required to serve in the military.

I agree that ALL U.S. citizens should be required, upon reaching 18, should serve for 2 years in some form of government service.

They could chose between the military, the Job Corps, or other jobs to better the nation.

I mean everybody, assigned to jobs based on the physical and mental capabilities.

Give our youth an understanding and appreciation for the benefits we all have in the Representative Republic.

I agree that everybody should be required to serve in the military.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

We don't like weaklings.... lillies of the valley!:mad:

If you had your choice of what branch you could join and we created a civil branch of the military that creates and repairs infrastructure and otherwise serves the community, I'd be all for it.

You and KudoZ are both a couple of servile bootlickers who think we're put on this Earth to serve as pack mules for the government.

Fuck you and all your kind. I owe the government exactly nothing, and I certain don't owe it "service" of any kind.

Last edited:
Six months, not two years. And disaster aid training equal to military training. I think that this would be a good thing for the nation. In fact, it would not hurt to reopen the idea of the old CCC's. Our forests need thinning, and much more work, and having young men and women living in the outdoors doing this kind of work would be good for them and good for the nation.

God, look at all the bootlickers falling all over themselves dreaming up knew ways to compel me to do their bidding.

Go fuck yourself. I wasn't put on this earth to do your bidding. Do it yourself, asshole.

There should be a draft again. And I mean for everyone. No college deferments or others. Females are equal now, right? People say, thank you for serving but they don't have a clue about what they are saying until they have been there. This should be at least two years and I don't mean reserves like "W" did during Nam days.
I guarantee that the U.S. will stop starting all the wars around the world. The pampered kids in this country will be forced to wake up and pay attention to what's going on around the world. It would enlighten and greate voters. Things would change because it would wake up the American public and give them something more important than weekends, boats, bar-b-ques, and tail-gating.
Can you imagine the entire American public getting an education beyond High School?
Anyone running for the Pres. and Commander In Chief should be required to have at least 6 years as an Officer in any branch especially in a combat role before being eligible.

I have already done my 20. I am good. :D OH and to force everyone to join would never happen. Again, the rich would get a way out. They always did. Look at the last draft. Look in Political high office and look at the service record of anyone 65 ish and above. Most of them were "deferred". Some actually said they didnt have time for little things like Viet Nam.

Last edited:
I agree that ALL U.S. citizens should be required, upon reaching 18, should serve for 2 years in some form of government service.

They could chose between the military, the Job Corps, or other jobs to better the nation.

I mean everybody, assigned to jobs based on the physical and mental capabilities.

Give our youth an understanding and appreciation for the benefits we all have in the Representative Republic.

You exhibit the mentality of a serf. The Founding Fathers didn't launch a revolution so we could all become slaves to the government for 2 years.

Cowards all weaklings bleeding hearts liberals! ... shame on all of you!

Isn't this how the Israeli's do it now?

My educated, experienced and well qualified opinion being around the military my entire life from day 1.

Uh, no...the primary mission of the military to kill people and break things when directed.

The humanitarian stuff is extra. The military needs to train for war first, not handing out MREs to people in Haiti.

That is your opinion.

I realize this post was 5 days ago but if you had an ounce of military you would not post that avatar of yours. Commander in Chief is Command in Chief whether you agree with him/her or not. Respect is something you learn in the military which you have none of.

Fucking liberal cowards!

I am a liberal and did my 20. Does that make me a coward as well?

what do you mean your 20? I don't understand that!

20 years military service and I am a liberal. So are a lot of my service member brethren.

(Oh and I would come at you hard if need be but wont, I saw that pic you posted of yourself. Board members, she is a babe. :) )

Last edited:
what do you mean your 20? I don't understand that!

20 years military service and I am a liberal. So are a lot of my service member brethren.

ok.... still... many are cowards ....sad sad sad

I would think that liberals care more for their fellow man than others. Won't that make liberals better soldiers than these 'everyone for themselves' righties?

Bring back the draft huh so that is what you would want next to you in a combat if it comes up a bunch of people who never wanted to serve in the military to start with? Sure what could possibly go wrong there?

Forum List

Back