Everyone in the U.S. should be required to serve in the military.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KudoZ, Dec 20, 2012.

1. KudoZ

KudoZ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    There should be a draft again. And I mean for everyone. No college deferments or others. Females are equal now, right? People say, thank you for serving but they don't have a clue about what they are saying until they have been there. This should be at least two years and I don't mean reserves like "W" did during Nam days.
    I guarantee that the U.S. will stop starting all the wars around the world. The pampered kids in this country will be forced to wake up and pay attention to what's going on around the world. It would enlighten and greate voters. Things would change because it would wake up the American public and give them something more important than weekends, boats, bar-b-ques, and tail-gating.
    Can you imagine the entire American public getting an education beyond High School?
    Anyone running for the Pres. and Commander In Chief should be required to have at least 6 years as an Officer in any branch especially in a combat role before being eligible.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  2. BallsBrunswick

BallsBrunswick Fair and Balanced

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    If you had your choice of what branch you could join and we created a civil branch of the military that creates and repairs infrastructure and otherwise serves the community, I'd be all for it.

3. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Not the most ridiculous idea. I would settle on the random chance of a draft. Perhaps make it greater when the military budget is more than xx% of GDP or something.

More of a social tool than a military one as our army is functioning well on a volunteer basis.

4. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,422
    Six months, not two years. And disaster aid training equal to military training. I think that this would be a good thing for the nation. In fact, it would not hurt to reopen the idea of the old CCC's. Our forests need thinning, and much more work, and having young men and women living in the outdoors doing this kind of work would be good for them and good for the nation.

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,338
    Maybe a draft into the military is a good idea for everyone and we'd have a country more like we were last time we had a draft.

6. GoneBezerk

GoneBezerk BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +495
    So how many of you liberals and losertarians served in the military.....I'm guessing 0.

7. BallsBrunswick

BallsBrunswick Fair and Balanced

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    I think it would be excellent if we brought back the CCC and had mandatory service for all 18-year olds for one or two years in this service or the armed forces. Think of how much better our society would be. All segments of our society working together to improve our communities. The rich with the poor, the city kids with the country kids, all races, all classes. And we could provide them with educational opportunities and a jump start into their adulthood.

8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Everyone in the U.S. should be required to serve in the military.

Absolutely we need more trianed killers with PTSD and other mental problems.

9. GoneBezerk

GoneBezerk BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +495
    Ahhhh, look at the communist rambling on....and they will chant songs for the black messiah while they wear the same uniform.

I'm guessing you admire the Khmer Rouge.

10. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,422
    I don't have to guess that you are one stupid asshole. I have that little peice of paper, dd214, that says honorable. As many others of all political persuasions on this board do. You find liberals, libertarians, conservatives, and every other kind of American serving our nation. The fact that you try to denigrate anyone that does not agree with your insanity simply brands that foolishness for what it is.