Everyone in the U.S. should be required to serve in the military.

a bullet crosses their bodies......................and...............OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! counseling right away ......bunch of cowards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................. !@#$%^&*())_ I have no words!.........:mad::mad:

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction." - 13th Amendment

That applies to UNPAID work.
Compulsory military service is NOT servitude.

Bullshit. Servitude is having to do what someone else tells you to do without the option of not complying. The draft qualifies.

Webster's Dictionary:

1: a condition in which one lacks liberty especially to determine one's course of action or way of life

You are out of your minds if you think a draft is a good idea.
Amazing the way people that call themselves free are more than willing to force other people into a 2 year commitment in the military. The very commitment could cost them their lives in places like Iraq and Afghanistan. So tell me, if your proposal became law, and your son or your daughter was drafted and sent to the mid east, how would you justify that? Would you help them flee to Canada?

this is the point. if every citizen had skin in the game, we would be far more judicious in our use of force. instead of using our military caste to go around the globe bleeding on foreign soil and not giving a damn (except for sending us girl scout cookies while we are deployed) the citizens of this country would actually think about whether or not we should go to war.

So if we forced everyone to do some thing we would think twice about using force? Errr what? Herp a derp

Sorry, I will break it down to monosyllabic words for you ass hat. If people thought their kids could die in a war, they would want to make sure the war was worth it.

I like the idea of the CCC. the problem with this country is that no one has a sense of sacrifice for the good of the community. We need to teach people that living in a free society comes with sacrifice. People dont get that any more.

Fuck you
a sense of sacrifice for the good of the community??????
Talk about communist propaganda
Just like a brainwashed second louie to believe this shit,
Living in a free society comes with sacrifice. Really????
I make my sacrifice every week when I see what the government deducts from my pay check.

take the cock out of your mouth, and look around. Civic virtues are dead in this country.

take the cock out of your mouth, and look around. Civic virtues are dead in this country.
The butterbar tries too sound tough.......but even bad second second louie's try to be civil, so your Officer claim is now in doubt.
Civic virtues are dead in this country... Yes they are.
They were killed off by the corrupt politicians in Washington a while ago.

Last edited:
Six months, not two years. And disaster aid training equal to military training. I think that this would be a good thing for the nation. In fact, it would not hurt to reopen the idea of the old CCC's. Our forests need thinning, and much more work, and having young men and women living in the outdoors doing this kind of work would be good for them and good for the nation.

No! I think Israel and the Swiss have the right idea. We used to have two year compulsory service, along with 6 years inactive reserve, Then the government opted out for 6 months training, two years active reserve and five and a half years inactive Reserve. I personally like the two year mandatory stint for all physically capable Americans.

Then the government opted out for 6 months training, two years active reserve and five and a half years inactive Reserve. I personally like the two year mandatory stint for all physically capable Americans.

When did this occur? Don't seem to remember that.

I'm sure you did your time in the service by why would anyone want to force another physically capable American into a mandatory military service?

If all these idiots would have been living in the 1940s, Second World War.... we would have lost that War to Hitler ....miserable scum cowards....

There should be a draft again. And I mean for everyone. No college deferments or others. Females are equal now, right? People say, thank you for serving but they don't have a clue about what they are saying until they have been there. This should be at least two years and I don't mean reserves like "W" did during Nam days.
I guarantee that the U.S. will stop starting all the wars around the world. The pampered kids in this country will be forced to wake up and pay attention to what's going on around the world. It would enlighten and greate voters. Things would change because it would wake up the American public and give them something more important than weekends, boats, bar-b-ques, and tail-gating.
Can you imagine the entire American public getting an education beyond High School?
Anyone running for the Pres. and Commander In Chief should be required to have at least 6 years as an Officer in any branch especially in a combat role before being eligible.

I've said that many, many times on this site. Republicans are much less likely to go to war with their kids serving. Look at Mitt Romney. And it gives spoiled wealthy kids the opportunity to see what "real" Americans are like. It promotes racial and class interaction. And it's good for the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said that many, many times on this sight. Republicans are much less likely to go to war with their kids serving. Look at Mitt Romney. And it gives spoiled wealthy kids the opportunity to see what "real" Americans are like. It promotes racial and class interaction. And it's good for the country.

Would you care to define "Real Americans"?
Because from your usage of the term, it seems that successful people are not "Real Americans"

Last edited:
Just as the war in Iraq was George W Bush's war, the war in Vietnam was Lyndon Johnson's war. Perhaps the history of our military involvement in both of those countries would have been different if those Presidents had records of military service different or more significant than they did? Would service on active duty have improved their judgment?

I don't know the answer, but something must be done, we can't keep sending the same brave few who are willing into the shit over and over and over again.

What the answer is is above my pay grade.

A draft would go over like a lead balloon and frankly its a poor idea. Is forcing those that dont want to serve a great idea? I dont think so. Our military is the strongest in the world and our weapons are second to none. THe military is doing just fine so whats the point?

I don't know the answer, but something must be done, we can't keep sending the same brave few who are willing into the shit over and over and over again.

What the answer is is above my pay grade.

The answer is Simple
Stop getting involved in wars like Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan.
The US needs to stop playing the World's Policeman.

Forum List

Back