EV Tires

1200x784.jpg

We are destroying Congo for their cobalt…used for EV batteries. Look at how their land is being destroyed.

Mining-Colbalt-DRC-Child-Labor-10-30-20.jpg

Children and mothers work these mines and get sick and have birth defects from ingesting Cobalt.

BUT THATS OK, BECAUSE IT IS CONGO. LETS STEAL ALL OF THEIR NATURAL RESOURCES. THEY ARE BLACK ANYWAY, WHO CARES!

This is what Extreme Biden Cult Fucks believe.

We should not use our own natural resources, we should steal the natural resources of other countries.

The first never happens unless the second has been solved so you really aren't presenting any kind of issue.

If there is some new technology, problem solved. If not we continue working towards it. I don't see the reason for the consternation.
Joe Biden wants the automotive industry to convert to manufacturing EVs quickly not just work toward conversion to making EVS.

And did I say it wasn't true?

You said 7000 miles is 4 times faster than average meaning the average tire needs replacing after 28K miiles.

I just said I have 60K on my tires
Oh, sorry. So, you are saying that EV batteries need replacing about 8 times sooner. I don't think they tell you when buying an EV that you will have to spend 3K per year on tires alone.

Well, we should definitely buy ICE cars because they grow on trees and don’t cause pollution in manufacturing.

Right?
If you can con taxpayers into supporting your ev lust have at it

But most people will not want to spend $1,000 every 10,000 miles on tires for an ev

I expect to see sales drop even more when consumers hear about this

Until technically catches up EVs are a fool's errand

I'll stick to ICE and not worry about finding charging stations, tires, our garage burning up, etc

EV's are major polluters. Making their batteries pollutes. Making many of the car parts pollutes. Manufacturing the electric to charge them pollutes. Transporting them around the world pollutes. Now, they go through tires four times faster than regular cars, and tires pollute, not to mention a set of tires for an EV cost about $1500, about every 7,000 miles. But, let's have the government mandate that everyone must own one so we can save the environment.

This is not accurate. EVs can use regular tires and even EV tired get 30-40k. Rotate every 5-8k

EV TIRES IS SIMPLY MARKETING.

Mere technical issues that will be solved. EVs are the future.
Some 'technical issues' can't be solved:
  • It will always take X amount of energy to move from A to B -
  • Charging rate will always depend on the KwH rating of the charging device
You can, to a point, make batteries smaller/lighter /hold more juice, but the above will not change

Can't ride a bike when you have a whole drumset, bass or guitar amps and instruments to haul.

Why are you using a passenger vehicle to haul around band equipment? ... that's stupid ... buy a truck will ya? ... Yeesh, how many trips are you making in your Honda with the drumset? ... YOU ride the bike, get a semi-truck to haul equipment? ...

Last edited:
90% fewer passenger vehicles on the road reduces pollution from passenger vehicles 90% ...

Math is hard ... especially for liberals ... yeah, I'm including EV's, ride a bicycle okay ...
Can't ride a bike when you have a whole drumset, bass or guitar
Why are you using a passenger vehicle to haul around band equipment? ... that's stupid ... buy a truck will ya? ... Yeesh, how many trips are you making in your Honda with the drumset? ... YOU ride the bike, get a semi-truck to haul equipment? ...
I can fit my rig, along with all three of my basses in my Fusion, thank you.

Can't ride a bike when you have a whole drumset, bass or guitar

I can fit my rig, along with all three of my basses in my Fusion, thank you.

No you can't ... maybe three bass guitars ... those are small ... even a 3/4's bass stands six foot from scroll to endpin ... how about speaker suitable for bass guitars? ...

I'm just saying your stupid for not using a small half-ton truck ... something that gets 30 mpg and will fit the rest of the band's equipment ...

The subject is EV's, not your poor choices ... most bands have at least a van ...

No you can't ... maybe three bass guitars ... those are small ... even a 3/4's bass stands six foot from scroll to endpin ... how about speaker suitable for bass guitars? ...

I'm just saying your stupid for not using a small half-ton truck ... something that gets 30 mpg and will fit the rest of the band's equipment ...

The subject is EV's, not your poor choices ... most bands have at least a van ...
Not a 17 piece Jazz orchestra

I wondered about that. But, they do state that the increased weight of an EV helps cause the tires to wear out sooner.

The EV/Hybrid tires have more recycled content, to appeal to EV/HYBRID buyers who they are assuming are only driving these cars because of the environment.

My brother has a Tesla, just because they are fucking cool.

Think about how heavy Suburbans are. There are “Light Truck Tires” that have more rubber for a heavier vehicle, but special EV tires for a Tesla 3 is unecessary.

One can spend from $185-$400 per tire for a Tesla 3…most at 30,000 mile treadwear.

The Falken tire is $185 per tire and 54,000 mile treadwear.

So what? Presidents say lots of things.
If you read the link you will find that Joe Biden did more than just make a speech on the subject. He signed an executive order implementing his plan.

Snip

An executive order is a directive issued by the President of the United States that manages operations of the federal government. It is a unilateral decision made by the President, bypassing the need for Congress to pass legislation. While executive orders are not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution, they derive their authority from Article II, which grants the President the "executive power."

The power of executive orders lies in their ability to influence and shape policy. They can range from broad policy directives to more specific regulations, depending on the President's agenda. Executive orders have been used to address various issues, including civil rights, national security, economic opportunities, and even emerging technologies like artificial intelligence.

Forum List

Back