Black Airman Fatally Shot in Florida by Deputies

Now that is a better video, Not a 3 second version. From the car to the door.

1st knock didnt id himself. He was never in view of the peep hole. So the airman didnt know for sure that was the Sheriff.

He opened the door with no threatening intent regardless of the gun.

This will go down as a wrongfull shoot and civil case decision. The dept will end up paying a large sum to the family, but the Deputy will only get reprimanded.

Now that is a better video, Not a 3 second version. From the car to the door.

1st knock didnt id himself. He was never in view of the peep hole. So the airman didnt know for sure that was the Sheriff.

He opened the door with no threatening intent regardless of the gun.

This will go down as a wrongfull shoot and civil case decision. The dept will end up paying a large sum to the family, but the Deputy will only get reprimanded.
You didnt watch the same video I saw

The deputy did announce himself twice while in plain view of the peephole

After the first knock he said nothing and walked away from the door. Then walked back and knocked with Sheriff Warning then quickly again then BANG

After the first knock he said nothing and walked away from the door. Then walked back and knocked with Sheriff Warning then quickly again then BANG
The “bang” didnt come till after the airman opened the door with a gun in his hand

True

But he knocked two times after that and shouted “police open up”
Yes. But the airman opened with arm hanging down. Never raised anything but his empty hands.

Police will lose in Civil Court, Deputy will not be charged.

Hung by his side not threatening.

My wifes niece got raped by a knock on the door saying POLICE. Wasnt the police and that guy never got caught.
Do you understand that it only takes an instant to raise the gun and fire?

Do you understand that it only takes an instant to raise the gun and fire?
Yup.

Sure do.

And the sheriff should have drawn and said drop the gun before firing.

Civil court they will pay. Criminal..nope

My wifes niece got raped by a knock on the door saying POLICE. Wasnt the police and that guy never got caught.
I dont know the details of her rape

But if there is any doubt about who is at the door DONT OPEN IT!!!

This is not a wild west fast draw contest

I think you are saying that till the deputy gets shot he must remain passive

It only takes a fraction of a second to raise the gun and fire
He has a right to hold a firearm in his home. You don't have to like it, but he was within his rights

This happens too often. People need to understand they don't have to respond to a knock at the door

Forum List

Back