EV Tires

Dummy, we are discussing Biden's anti fossil fuel policies, HELLO earth to Dem dimwit. Biden's POLICIES are anti fossil fuels. You know this of course, you are lying intentionally because that's what Dem assholes do, LIE!

He lied. You ffreaked. Gullible lot you all are.

If you knew someone who bought a monster pickup truck and they started complaining about the gas mileage and how difficult it is to find a parking space, you would ask them why they bought the truck. Didn't they do any research?

The same things apply to EV's. If you have done your homework, there would be no surprises.
  • They are ideal for people who can charge at home,
  • Charging at charging stations is inconvenient and time consuming,
  • Their range is negatively affected by extreme cold and extreme heat,
  • Fuel costs are literally a small fraction of what an ICE vehicle costs ($ per mile),
  • They are heavier than ICE vehicles of the same size,
  • Tesla's are very fast and handle quite well - comparable to BMW's at least,
  • Operating an EV takes a little getting used to.
I suspect that the complaints about excessive tire usage are mainly directed at Tesla Model 3 Performance tires. They are a soft compound for better handling, and people assume that because they are not screeching and leaving streaks of black rubber on the pavement, they are not wearing excessively, but that is not true. They do wear more when you accelerate rapidly.

Tire manufacturers are capitalists, and out to make a buck. If you can afford fifty to eighty grand for an EV, they will charge handsomely for replacement rubber. Count on it.

My Model 3 Long Range is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned, and that includes high end German and American cars. It is amazing that you can have so much performance at so little fuel cost; in fact, Elon gave me six months of FREE supercharging because he likes me so much.

I love the EV hate.

If you knew someone who bought a monster pickup truck and they started complaining about the gas mileage and how difficult it is to find a parking space, you would ask them why they bought the truck. Didn't they do any research?

The same things apply to EV's. If you have done your homework, there would be no surprises.
  • They are ideal for people who can charge at home,
  • Charging at charging stations is inconvenient and time consuming,
  • Their range is negatively affected by extreme cold and extreme heat,
  • Fuel costs are literally a small fraction of what an ICE vehicle costs ($ per mile),
  • They are heavier than ICE vehicles of the same size,
  • Tesla's are very fast and handle quite well - comparable to BMW's at least,
  • Operating an EV takes a little getting used to.
I suspect that the complaints about excessive tire usage are mainly directed at Tesla Model 3 Performance tires. They are a soft compound for better handling, and people assume that because they are not screeching and leaving streaks of black rubber on the pavement, they are not wearing excessively, but that is not true. They do wear more when you accelerate rapidly.

Tire manufacturers are capitalists, and out to make a buck. If you can afford fifty to eighty grand for an EV, they will charge handsomely for replacement rubber. Count on it.

My Model 3 Long Range is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned, and that includes high end German and American cars. It is amazing that you can have so much performance at so little fuel cost; in fact, Elon gave me six months of FREE supercharging because he likes me so much.

I love the EV hate.
I don’t hate EVs. I can afford a high end Tesla, but won’t buy one. I like taking long road trips and often in very cold and hot weather. So, EVs aren’t for me.

EV's are major polluters. Making their batteries pollutes. Making many of the car parts pollutes. Manufacturing the electric to charge them pollutes. Transporting them around the world pollutes. Now, they go through tires four times faster than regular cars, and tires pollute, not to mention a set of tires for an EV cost about $1500, about every 7,000 miles. But, let's have the government mandate that everyone must own one so we can save the environment.

i love this so much...it is so funny

Dems came up with a brilliant response to their failures, wait for it..."at least we tried and we care". :auiqs.jpg: Yeah it was complete Dem FUBAR but damn it they care.
Let’s suppose that in two decades no fossil fueled cars are on the road. All vehicles are electric and all problems including the cost have been overcome.

Where is all the power necessary to charge these vehicles going to come from? Nuclear fusion power better come on line quickly.

The Democrats also want to do away with gas powered stoves and furnaces. Once again that will require lots of new electricity power stations.

It often seems to me the Democrats are stuck in some fantasy world.

1706159784243.jpeg

Let’s suppose that in two decades no fossil fueled cars are on the road. All vehicles are electric and all problems including the cost have been overcome.

Where is all the power necessary to charge these vehicles going to come from? Nuclear fusion power better come on line quickly.

The Democrats also want to do away with gas powered stoves and furnaces. Once again that will require lots of new electricity power stations.

It often seems to me the Democrats are stuck in some fantasy world.

View attachment 892788
If Democrats joined the rest of us here in reality their entire world view would crumble.

EV's are major polluters. Making their batteries pollutes. Making many of the car parts pollutes. Manufacturing the electric to charge them pollutes. Transporting them around the world pollutes. Now, they go through tires four times faster than regular cars, and tires pollute, not to mention a set of tires for an EV cost about $1500, about every 7,000 miles. But, let's have the government mandate that everyone must own one so we can save the environment.

Mere technical issues that will be solved. EVs are the future.

4 times?

I still have the original tires on my car after 60K miles

The first never happens unless the second has been solved so you really aren't presenting any kind of issue.

If there is some new technology, problem solved. If not we continue working towards it. I don't see the reason for the consternation.

Forum List

Back