Tires on EV's only last about 8 thousand miles

Hard to believe people this dumb are allowed to drive at all. I wonder if he knows how the massive amounts of toxic metals in an EV are mined, and how they will be disposed of when they're no longer functional?

I'm sure he doesn't know, and doesn't care...
How do they get those metals out of the ground?

Huuuuuge.....and I mean really massive diesel powered monstrosities do the digging and moving.

Why are EV's so hard on tires?
Extra weight. Faster rotational speed taking off from a dead stop because of the increased torque of the motors. Add to that the longer stopping distance because of the weight and that is the reason.

It was love at first sight when Neil Semel saw the electric Mercedes EQS 450+ at a Pompano Beach, Florida, dealership. The sedan was the perfect sleek black color his wife wanted, had only 2,200 miles and they both liked the idea of getting away from gasoline.

“I’ve always driven combustion engines and I thought it was time to try to save the planet,” Semel said.

But after less than 5,000 miles of driving around his Boca Raton, Florida, neighborhood, Semel was shocked to find some essential — and very expensive — parts were already wearing out. The tires.

“If somebody looked at me and said, Mr. Semel, you are going to love this car but in about 7,000 miles you will have to pay 1,400 or 1,500 dollars to replace the tires, I wouldn’t have bought the car,” Semel said.

More savings from Joe Biden and the gang, but soon you will either be forced to buy an EV or take public transportation.

And no, voting won't save you. Do you really think the GOP will wave you?

:auiqs.jpg:
due to their increased weight, EVs can emit significant higher levels of particulate matter from tires compared to modern tailpipes, which are equipped with efficient exhaust filters. The difference in emissions they found is significant.Mar 12, 2024

Extra weight. Faster rotational speed taking off from a dead stop because of the increased torque of the motors. Add to that the longer stopping distance because of the weight and that is the reason.
yes

Forum List

Back