EV Tires

Not at all. Everyone complains that EVs generate pollution in their manufacture, but that’s true for literally anything.

And did I say it wasn't true?

You said 7000 miles is 4 times faster than average meaning the average tire needs replacing after 28K miiles.

I just said I have 60K on my tires
The issue is the EV itself as pushed for political reasons. If EV is the future it would come as the technology matures and it is moving along with the infrastructure needed for support. And that is lacking in a huge way. There are other options like hydrogen cells also. Gasoline engines have over a century of infrastructure built up. Also, no more propane heater. No more kerosene heaters. No more coal heaters. No more oil heaters. Any other heater that uses anything other than electricity that is supposed to e 100% green. In cities where people do not have heat during the winter, kerosene and propane heaters as an example will be nonexistent. And there are fires in the winter from them as it is. Illegal electric hookups are dangerous and there are many fires from that. They will increase in huge numbers and the danger of active wires electrocuting people goes up also including firefighters.

If you read the link you will find that Joe Biden did more than just make a speech on the subject. He signed an executive order implementing his plan.

Snip

An executive order is a directive issued by the President of the United States that manages operations of the federal government. It is a unilateral decision made by the President, bypassing the need for Congress to pass legislation. While executive orders are not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution, they derive their authority from Article II, which grants the President the "executive power."

The power of executive orders lies in their ability to influence and shape policy. They can range from broad policy directives to more specific regulations, depending on the President's agenda. Executive orders have been used to address various issues, including civil rights, national security, economic opportunities, and even emerging technologies like artificial intelligence.

"While non binding and largely symbolic".

I got 2 EV’s for Christmas last year!

Came with 12’ of track…

IMG_1514.jpeg

Some 'technical issues' can't be solved:
  • It will always take X amount of energy to move from A to B -
  • Charging rate will always depend on the KwH rating of the charging device
You can, to a point, make batteries smaller/lighter /hold more juice, but the above will not change
Don’t see any of that as a problem.

Not the ones we have now. However, I have read better technologies are in the works. People are just idiots to buy EV's right now.

That's like telling people in 1995 that they were idiots for buying a computer because they will be much faster and efficient in the future.

For many EV's are working for them today. If not for you, don't buy one. Problem solved.

That's like telling people in 1995 that they were idiots for buying a computer because they will be much faster and efficient in the future.

For many EV's are working for them today. If not for you, don't buy one. Problem solved.
Agreed. Unfortunately our criminal government is distorting the marketplace in contradiction of the Constitution.

Yeah I know. Nothing new.

Well, we should definitely buy ICE cars because they grow on trees and don’t cause pollution in manufacturing.

Right?
You have to own an EV for about 3 years to reach the break even point with an ICE car, EVs cause considerably more pollutants to manufacture than ICE.
But then you add in the much faster use of tires, the complete joke of what manufacturers say what the EV car range is, and then what it is in reality... and some studies have shown that the break even point is more like between 5 - 7 years. If you trade it in before that, you are creating more pollution than an ICE.
If someone is REALLY interested in "helping the planet" - then buying a used modern ICE vehicle is by far - nothing else even comes close - to be the best choice since it was already manufactured and sold to the first buyer.

Agreed. Unfortunately our criminal government is distorting the marketplace in contradiction of the Constitution.

Yeah I know. Nothing new.

The government gets involved in many things they have no business being in. I'm not going to quit eating bread or consider it evil though because of wheat subsidies.

If someone wants to start a thread on ending all of it, I'm on board.

The government gets involved in many things they have no business being in. I'm not going to quit eating bread or consider it evil though because of wheat subsidies.

If someone wants to start a thread on ending all of it, I'm on board.
I’m onboard for terminating the federal government entirely.

"While non binding and largely symbolic".
If you noticed the U.S. auto manufacturers jumped on board and started pushing EVs until they discovered the average car buyer had no desire to buy one.

If you noticed the U.S. auto manufacturers jumped on board and started pushing EVs until they discovered the average car buyer had no desire to buy one.

Which is the way it is. If there is enough buyers they will buy, if not, not.

I fail to see the issue. If you want one, buy one. If you don't, don't.

A lot of upset people over nothing.

Exactly. And the early adapters who do buy EVs help finance future production.

Government cannot FORCE innovation and adaptation. It has to happen organically.

If EVs are not quite there, let them improve.

We have ICE that get over 40 MPG

That’s why I said the future. Now it’s about trying out a new technology, like the first drivers and pilots.
In the now, people are stupid to buy EV's. Even the future has problems. Hacking gets worse and worse over the years. If we have nothing but EV's, enemies such as China, Russia, NK, Iran, and the like will be hacking into my EV so I can't go to work or buy groceries.

EV's are not working today. That is evident when you see car dealerships swamped with inventory they can't sell because the word is getting out not to buy them.

Forum List

Back