Black Airman Fatally Shot in Florida by Deputies

I accept that he opened the door with a gun in his hand.

I absolutely recognize that this very factor is what led to the deputy opening up on him.

But the sad fact is, that in doing so, the deputy failed to comply with his training and proper police procedure.

This case is obviously a tragedy for the victim. It is, frankly, also a tragedy for the deputy. If the deputy had a second chance in this incident, I can almost guarantee he would have held his fire. He has to live with this tragedy for the rest of his life.
I have a son in law who was a cop until an injury forced him to retire. I think i will solicit his advice.
But the sad fact is, that in doing so, the deputy failed to comply with his training and proper police procedure.
I have had several cops as clients but none of them did what this cop did. I question your statement of his training. Where did that come from?

A Florida sheriff publicly released bodycam footage from a deputy who fatally shot a Black airman in his home – and disputed claims from the victim’s family that the deputy had gone to the wrong apartment. CNN's Nick Valencia reports on the timeline of the events.

I am not trying to cause you to be upset. My aim is facts. You are assuming he did not know it was a cop. Can you prove that is true?
I’m not upset. I used the word purely as highlighting. The deputy announced himself. But through a door how could the victim possibly know the voice was actually that of a deputy?
Second point is do you open your door with a pistol in your hand?
Asked and dismissed, previously, as irrelevant.

they didnt watch the video . black man open door armed and got shot. end of story. crumps a liar
His color is not why he got shot. I saw that gun he was walking with. My training in using arms tells me and students always believe the gun is loaded. The dead guy had no reason to carry his gun. I heard the cop yell very loud two times he was at the door. Clearly the cop was heard or the guy would not have left his computer and went to the door. He should never have answered his door with his loaded gun with him.

Some argue he had the right at his home to walk with his gun. Imagine that. He is dead. So why try to be dead?

I’m not upset. I used the word purely as highlighting. The deputy announced himself. But through a door how could the victim possibly know the voice was actually that of a deputy?
Thanks since my aim as I said is not to upset you. So your question is clear to me.

There are things you can't prove and also that I can't prove.

I can't prove the shot guy knew it was a cop. But two times the cop clearly shouted who he was. Maybe this airman was somewhat deaf. But please to not tell me going to doors armed is not relevant.

I have a son in law who was a cop until an injury forced him to retire. I think i will solicit his advice.

I have had several cops as clients but none of them did what this cop did. I question your statement of his training. Where did that come from?
I’m not sure what you know about police training.

Is it your belief that proper police training involves firing at the “suspect” before you order him to drop a weapon?
A Florida sheriff publicly released bodycam footage from a deputy who fatally shot a Black airman in his home – and disputed claims from the victim’s family that the deputy had gone to the wrong apartment. CNN's Nick Valencia reports on the timeline of the events.
I assume he didn’t go into the “wrong” apartment.

I deem that irrelevant to what transpired once the victim opened that door.

I already did. That’s why you persist in missing it.
It is no more relevant to me than you are by telling me your point.

Let's give it a new life. My aim is that people who hear cops at the door, who answer the door as a result, do not show up carrying a loaded gun. Guns must always be treated as loaded.

I and you agree that Ashli Babbitt should not have been shot to death. We agree that this young AF guy should not be shot to death. His problem unlike Ashli was he opened the door armed to the gills. I never would open the front door carrying a loaded pistol. I doubt you would either.

Thanks since my aim as I said is not to upset you. So your question is clear to me.

There are things you can't prove and also that I can't prove.

I can't prove the shot guy knew it was a cop. But two times the cop clearly shouted who he was. Maybe this airman was somewhat deaf. But please to not tell me going to doors armed is not relevant.
In many other scenarios I wouldn’t blink if a cop shot an armed man. But I simply reject any claim that the deputy —in this case and under those particular circumstances — was in compliance with proper training.

I’ll say it again. I have a ton of sympathy for the deputy. But the proper order of things is not to fire and then demand the dropping of the gun. The proper order is to demand that the suspect drop the weapon and — upon failure to comply — then but only then shoot the armed suspect.

I’m not sure what you know about police training.

Is it your belief that proper police training involves firing at the “suspect” before you order him to drop a weapon?
Not much. I told that I had cops as clients. I said my son in law spent his career as a cop. I said I can ask him for his view.

Drop the weapon is your concern.

What is worse in your view? Being armed with a semi automatic pistol or the cop not saying to drop it? It makes it seem that all the cop had to do to please you is utter the words, drop your gun.

Maybe that is how it should go down. But now is that what happened?

Florida uses other departments to investigate cop shootings. And they report to a commission. I will agree we must wait for them to decide.

It is no more relevant to me than you are by telling me your point.

Let's give it a new life. My aim is that people who hear cops at the door, who answer the door as a result, do not show up carrying a loaded gun. Guns must always be treated as loaded.

I and you agree that Ashli Babbitt should not have been shot to death. We agree that this young AF guy should not be shot to death. His problem unlike Ashli was he opened the door armed to the gills. I never would open the front door carrying a loaded pistol. I doubt you would either.
I see no purpose served in repeating everything I’ve said.

You see things differently. You’re entitled to your view.

But the airman should not be dead.

In many other scenarios I wouldn’t blink if a cop shot an armed man. But I simply reject any claim that the deputy —in this case and under those particular circumstances — was in compliance with proper training.
Have you been trained to be a cop by some agency? I tell you I have not been trained to be a cop. My daughter was trained to be a cop and she married a cop. I will try to call her or him to answer your concern about training.

Here is your main point. That you say the man did not know it was a cop. But the cop was yelling very loud. I doubt you plan to answer your door to a yelling cop with a gun of his and you also carry yours to your door. Do you do that?

Thanks for that is all I have as you admit as well.
Do not think I believe the guy should have died. I did not say that ever. I doubt the cop will pay any price. Because that is my view.

I see no purpose served in repeating everything I’ve said.

But the airman should not be dead.
They call him a Senior Airmen. I was also an E-4 but in the Army. I never heard of troops walking to their home doors carrying a loaded semi automatic pistol. I asked if you know of people who go to doors armed as this dead man did?
Let's try this for clarity. How clever is it to open your door and be armed?

Rogue Al never has to see more information if a black person is accused f doing something to whites. The fact here is that police murdered this man.

Should this now be normal? To walk to a door, open it to a cop yelling police and be armed? This guy I feel sorry for. But he should have put down his gun and then opened the door to yelling cops.
Its no use

Libs want the deputy’s head and no fact will keep them from it

Have you been trained to be a cop by some agency? I tell you I have not been trained to be a cop. My daughter was trained to be a cop and she married a cop. I will try to call her or him to answer your concern about training.

No. I was in law enforcement, but not as a cop. However, by and large, I like cops and I have spoken with many. That includes things about the training they get (although it may differ in various jurisdictions). They get drilled on things like “shoot/don’t shoot.” As they should be.
Here is your main point. That you say the man did not know it was a cop. But the cop was yelling very loud. I doubt you plan to answer your door to a yelling cop with a gun of his and you also carry yours to your door. Do you do that?
No. That’s not my main point.

My main point is that regardless of the fact that the suspect was holding a gun, that deputy should not have fired at him.

I pay no attention to the balance of your repeated asking of the same irrelvant question.

It’s simple. The victim is dead. He shouldn’t be.

Last edited:
Thanks for that is all I have as you admit as well.
Do not think I believe the guy should have died. I did not say that ever. I doubt the cop will pay any price. Because that is my view.
Again. I have no issue with you holding your view.

I’m simply saying that in this case, I don’t agree with your view. I am not required to anymore than you need to agree with mine.

It’s a tragedy for the victim and his family. And yes, I still say it’s a tragedy for the deputy, too.

They call him a Senior Airmen. I was also an E-4 but in the Army. I never heard of troops walking to their home doors carrying a loaded semi automatic pistol. I asked if you know of people who go to doors armed as this dead man did?
Let's try this for clarity. How clever is it to open your door and be armed?
Still irrelevant.

I accept that he opened the door with a gun in his hand.

I absolutely recognize that this very factor is what led to the deputy opening up on him.

This case is obviously a tragedy for the victim. It is, frankly, also a tragedy for the deputy. If the deputy had a second chance in this incident, I can almost guarantee he would have held his fire. He has to live with this tragedy for the rest of his life.
The deputy is not obliged to give an armed suspect the first shot

Forum List

Back