Euro Cup

I was feeling good about Netherlands coming into the day. They just went up 1-0.

Well, they've got no choice but to take it to the Portuguese, have they. Nothing clears the mind like the absence of alternatives.

Ooh! Germany up 1-0 against the Danes! COME ON YOU DUTCHMEN!

(I like Portugal but I just can't stand Ronaldo).

Netherlands didn't just lose 3 straight games. They played poorly and lost in three straight games. They needed to go home.

It was crazy that Germany came that close to being eliminated.

Netherlands didn't just lose 3 straight games. They played poorly and lost in three straight games. They needed to go home.

You mean Portugal I suspect. The Germans were already through, whatever happened today (more's the pity).

I'll never, for the life of me, understand why the English proletariat prefer to follow oikball, aka 'soccer', over the noblest game of all: Rugby. Honestly, I'd rather watch the Irish steal a victory over their Saxon overlord than watch a bunch of jumped-up peasants prance around an acre and a half of turf for ninety minutes.

I follow both. Rugby, I support Bath and soccer I'm a Chelsea supporter. I think both are cool...

"Rugby is a thugs game played by gentlemen and soccer is a gentleman's game played by thugs." :lol:

you cant be such a bitch as i thought you were if you support my home team i lived within a few miles of stamford bridge ( just of kings road ) most of my adult ,life until i immigrated to usa
they are european champs as well as winning the FA cup ,
now rugby i never did get a handle on except to join the players sometimes in there after games *piss up * the songs are classic

Last edited:
Watched both games today flipping between the two
my favourite sport followed by nfl
germany as always is strong sorry to see holland go out but they played badly not winning a game and in the *group of death * cant wait till tuesday to see my national team england play .

You mean Portugal I suspect. The Germans were already through, whatever happened today (more's the pity).

Nope... I don't remember the exact circumstance/rationale but with about 20 minutes left Germany was going home if they lost 2-1 and the other result held.

Nope... I don't remember the exact circumstance/rationale but with about 20 minutes left Germany was going home if they lost 2-1 and the other result held.

No, that's not true....they had 6 points at the start of play - no other 2 teams could have beat that and got 7 points to tip them out, nor beat them on goal difference.

Forum List

Back