Eric Holder: Palin Wasn't a Good VP Candidate, Even Worse Judge of Who Should Be Impe

Some stupid woman from the NYT is talking to Greta....blames the murder and violence in Honduras on the fact that the US deported so many gang members back there in the 90s...likevwevshould have kept them here. Moron.

LOL, from the guy who likes the Boob from Delaware who gave up being the biggest ass in the Senate to living in the Naval Observatory.

I'm not a big fan of Palin except the fortitude she shows in the endless misogynistic rantings of the left she constantly gets spewed at her and the grace she handles it.

You do not support women's rights until you support them regardless of whether they agree with you. What you support is contempt to women, succumb or be crushed.

I realize that you fake Libertarians prefer fantasy to reality, but I am neither Bill Kristol or Anna Navarro.

If Obabble is hated so much, why is Planet of the Apes #1 at the box office?
^^^ C'mon wingnuts - tell us why this isn't racist. :lol:

MorethingsfrommypicturedumpThethingisIm_3d469c_4754224.gif

It hilarious...you have no sense of humor...or context.

i'm wondering how stating the truth that she wasn't a good candidate constitutes "hate"? is that type of hyperbole what it takes to help you all wake up in the mooring?

by the by, she probably cost your guy mccain the white house. so i'd say that makes her a bad candidate....

My god, you are going to make me defend Palin here.

First and foremost, there was really never a point where McCain was in any danger of winning the presidency. The crash in September 2008 pretty much sealed his fate, and his inability to really separate himself from Bush's hated Iraq policy hurt him. Yes, he did breifly pop ahead of Obama the week between picking Palin and the GOP convention, but you know what, EVERY challenging candidate does that. Dukakis was 16 points ahead of Bush in 1988 the week of his convention.

Second, while Palin has said a lot of stupid shit since losing in 2008, at the time, it didn't seem that bad. She even got a little sympathy because the media kind of looked like it was picking on her. ON paper, she was a good pick. Solid performance as governor, touched all the right keys with the base, which was lukewarm at best to McCain.

Let's be honest, nobody really wanted McCain as a candidate in 2008. The Evangelicals wouldn't support Romney because he was a Mormon, and the Wall Street types wouldn't support Huckabee because he didn't think Jesus wanted Tax Cuts for the Rich.

So McCain was the compromise candidate no one wanted.

at the end of the day, McCain and Bush had more to do with McCain's loss than Palin did.

does that mean that picking Palin wasn't still a horrible idea and we really dodged a bullet? Of course, this is all true. But we need to accurately evaluate the political landscape as it was at the time, and not by what we've learned since.

Strangely, I agree with many of your points.

If the GOP had learned its lesson of what happened to Bob Dole (you know, a philandering, raping misogynist and congenital liar, Bill Clinton preferred to a decorated war hero), they would have known that America was no longer interested in honor, valor, honesty, integrity and love of country.

According to this rant, did you want Admiral James Stockdale as Vice-President?

His service to country and his sacrifice make both Dole and McCain look like pikers.

The topic of Sarah Palin has gotten out of hand and she brought it on herself. I could never figure out why she was added to the ticket and then told not to open her mouth. I did figure it out when she began to take. The GOP did not want to win the election, as no matter who won they would have an impossible task. The rate of growth of extremism only made the task more difficult.

I don't think that President Obama has been targeted by Republicans because of race, it is because of the fact that he is a Democrat. The cause of the Gridlock in Washington has to do with extremism that has been growing over the past several decades and that is on both sides.
As a Nation we should be able to deal with having different views; but when it is impossible for one or both sides to even discuss a problem, nothing can ever be accomplished.
Nixon and Reagan were quite similar in that both attempted to convince the people that anyone who disagreed with them was to be Un-American.
The problem is that both sides spend more time trying to make the other side look bad, that could be spent "Doing the Job they were Elected to Do".
I consider Ike to have been the best President we've had since WW2, though I was too young to vote. I have spent a long time trying to find why he has been liked by both parties. He did not express his view on political issues and to my knowledge did not take sides. The reason he was a Republican President could have been he was entered in the NH Primary as a Republican Candidate without his permission. Both parties had wanted to run on their ticket.

Big Government:
The problem with the government is that we have allowed it to become too big and inefficient. We hear a lot about responsibility but it is only used when pointing fingers to place blame.
They are called politicians because they play politics!
it's time the people we have elected stop playing games and start working at the job they were elected to do. When Congress starts doing their job responsibly then it will be necessary for the President to do his job responsibly. When the view held on any issue is so strong that it can not even be discussed let alone modified there is a good chance it is a bad plan. When the view of those in Congress are so ridged that it is impossible to change even one word these people should take a close look at themselves. We talk about Democracy but extremism will not allow it to exist.
There is usually several ways to solve a problem. We are not solving problem, we are reacting to symptoms and spending time with special interests when it should be spent on identifying the problem.

Are you saying that the Republicans KNEW that George Bush and Co. had screwed us so bad that the Republicans did not even want to win the WH because they KNEW that the mess they created couldn't be cleaned up by ANOTHER Republican?

Interesting take if that's the case.

That's been discussed before, during the 2008 campaign. But I think they knew that it couldn't be cleaned up inside of 5 or 6 years.

My god, you are going to make me defend Palin here.

First and foremost, there was really never a point where McCain was in any danger of winning the presidency. The crash in September 2008 pretty much sealed his fate, and his inability to really separate himself from Bush's hated Iraq policy hurt him. Yes, he did breifly pop ahead of Obama the week between picking Palin and the GOP convention, but you know what, EVERY challenging candidate does that. Dukakis was 16 points ahead of Bush in 1988 the week of his convention.

Second, while Palin has said a lot of stupid shit since losing in 2008, at the time, it didn't seem that bad. She even got a little sympathy because the media kind of looked like it was picking on her. ON paper, she was a good pick. Solid performance as governor, touched all the right keys with the base, which was lukewarm at best to McCain.

Let's be honest, nobody really wanted McCain as a candidate in 2008. The Evangelicals wouldn't support Romney because he was a Mormon, and the Wall Street types wouldn't support Huckabee because he didn't think Jesus wanted Tax Cuts for the Rich.

So McCain was the compromise candidate no one wanted.

at the end of the day, McCain and Bush had more to do with McCain's loss than Palin did.

does that mean that picking Palin wasn't still a horrible idea and we really dodged a bullet? Of course, this is all true. But we need to accurately evaluate the political landscape as it was at the time, and not by what we've learned since.

Strangely, I agree with many of your points.

If the GOP had learned its lesson of what happened to Bob Dole (you know, a philandering, raping misogynist and congenital liar, Bill Clinton preferred to a decorated war hero), they would have known that America was no longer interested in honor, valor, honesty, integrity and love of country.

In the press McCain was loved profusely until he was the GOP candidate, but once he was, then he became nothing more than a bump on the road to the phony and undeserved coronation of a punk, whose only merit was a speech, a book written by someone else, a wife who was never proud of her country, a glorified resume of community agitator and a loving relationship to an unrepentant killer terrorist and a man of the cloth, who wants to see his country to bow to the same people who would never hesitate for a second to cut his throat.

The GOP should never again nominate the "next in line". Especially if the next in line is long in the tooth.

The GOP should nominate a fresh new face. Makes no difference of lack of worthwhile accomplishments on the resume. Obama had nothing and see how far nothing got him!

As the old saying goes, those who ignore the lessons of history are condemned to repeat it.

I'd settle for a qualified president with a thick skin.

Sounds like Ronald Reagan or George W Bush.

Maybe someone without a drug addiction would help as well.

One of those bolded does not belong.

Eric Holder came into office prepared to sheild himself from scrutiny by using the race card...it failed.

Failure in office usually results from poor leadership not ones ethnicity, especially now and not 50 years ago like Mr Holder would have us believe.

Addiction to nicotine is just as bad as addiction to any other substance.

Quitting that addiction is the mark of will power, honesty and integrity.

If the President can't quit an addiction that thousands managed to do, how can this weak-kneed, no-will-power, bleeding heart be trusted with not only the fate of the United States, but, as being the leader of the free world, the fate of the free world?

Plenty of past presidents have smoked. We never had one addicted to cocaine. That's where the problem is, the cocaine, the crack obama sucks up.

Addiction to whatever that one can not seem to break is the undisputable sign of weakness.

If you want a weak President, you are welcome to Obama.
Ask bin Laden how weak Obama is.

Oh, that's right - you can't! :lol:

Thank you President Obama!!!

Give me a break. Holder is the Attorney General (supposedly) and he has been asked repeatedly by CONGRESS to investigate. What does he do? He stalls or he appoints an Obama campaign donor to "investigate" - and she hasn't been seen since.

You have probably forgotten this one salient point - but the Attorney General is SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT ALL AMERICANS. NOT JUST HIS BESTEST BUDDY OBARRY. HE IS NOT OBARRY'S LITTLE LAP DOG. Oh wait, yes he is. :cuckoo:

Congress has the power to investigate, and to subpoena, and to hold hearings, and to call people to testify under oath.

What can Holder do that they can't?

There is no doubt in anyone's mind that there has not been law breaking in the IRS, the VA, Benghazi, and the rest.

I agree! :lol:

APPOINT A PROSECUTOR. Jesus......
Why? Congress has plenty of lawyers and investigators at their disposal.

Trey Gowdy is a prosecutor, with full subpoena power. So he will not fail you, correct?

Personally, I thought Sarah Palin was a pretty good candidate, certainly a better candidate than her running mate, who couldn't seem to remember how many houses he owned. Polls suggested that Sarah brought the ticket closer to victory. She was mercilessly attacked in the liberal press for being a ditzy airhead, but there are plenty of ditzy airheads in America, aren't they entitled to representation as much as the rest of us?

Personally, I thought Sarah Palin was a pretty good candidate, certainly a better candidate than her running mate, who couldn't seem to remember how many houses he owned. Polls suggested that Sarah brought the ticket closer to victory. She was mercilessly attacked in the liberal press for being a ditzy airhead, but there are plenty of ditzy airheads in America, aren't they entitled to representation as much as the rest of us?

Interesting take! :lol:

Why are you trying to copy vigilante with your avie? I find that offensive. Because if you want to start a rage think of what all conservatives can do on this board to mirror your left wing avies.

Do you want that call out? I think I can make that happen.

Vigilante? Who's vigilante? :dunno:

Don't try it. Not in a good mood today.

:lmao: You better look out! The forum lady is MAD :mad:

You government loving...hater!

How dare you have a differing opinion than TD and her ilk...they gonna put their hoods on and get you!

LOL, from the guy who likes the Boob from Delaware who gave up being the biggest ass in the Senate to living in the Naval Observatory.

I'm not a big fan of Palin except the fortitude she shows in the endless misogynistic rantings of the left she constantly gets spewed at her and the grace she handles it.

You do not support women's rights until you support them regardless of whether they agree with you. What you support is contempt to women, succumb or be crushed.

I realize that you fake Libertarians prefer fantasy to reality, but I am neither Bill Kristol or Anna Navarro.

And you don't agree with Bill Beckel, and you have no idea how exactly...

Forum List

Back