Edward Snowden -Encrypted computer files seized

If it's so easy why can't the U.S. just go in there and take everything from Greenwald?

??? WE'VE already GOT the data, no need to steal it DUH

My lord you're an idiot.

:lol:

Maybe so that Greenwald can't report on it and so that the Chinese and Russian boogeymen can't hack into his stuff and steal the information themselves. Seems like a good plan to me, so why didn't they do it?

All he has to do is make a copy of it you moron.

??? WE'VE already GOT the data, no need to steal it DUH

My lord you're an idiot.

Maybe so that Greenwald can't report on it and so that the Chinese and Russian boogeymen can't hack into his stuff and steal the information themselves. Seems like a good plan to me, so why didn't they do it?

Which they could easily find out assuming they can break the encryption in the first place, which is the real issue.

Which they could easily find out assuming they can break the encryption in the first place, which is the real issue.

LOL! You don't think the Russian spy agencies know how to break encryptions?

LOL! You don't think the Russian spy agencies know how to break encryptions?

I wouldn't know what the Russians were capable of not being all that knowledgable about encryption myself. Snowden, on the other hand, was quite knowledgable, and as I understand it was the one who encrypted this information in the first place and helped Greenwald set up his encryption. So are the alleged Russian spies better than Snowden? If so, then I'd hazard a guess that the entire NSA is under threat from Russian spies.

These files were probably encrpted by Ed Snowden. He said that he had distributed encrypted files with arrangements to distribute the key in the ,event anything happened to him.

Couldn't respond to the substance of my post. Not surprising.

Have you ever been outside of the U.S?

Is that relevant to the substance of my post?

Yes. I'm trying to figure out how you could be this ignorant. You've clearly never been through customs at any airport outside of the U.S., Canada, or western Europe, and I'd bet actually you've never set foot outside of the U.S. If you had you'd realize how stupid you are claiming that the Chinese government had no opportunity to inspect the computers in Snowden's possession. BY DEFINITION - when you pass through customs of any government, they are inspecting you and your property. That inspection may be brief and superficial, or they could take you into a back room and have you dump out all of your property onto a table for them to root through. You never know! You might want to consider this when you finally do have an opportunity for foreign travel.

Last edited:
Have you ever been outside of the U.S?

Yes. I'm trying to figure out how you could be this ignorant. You've clearly never been through customs at any airport outside of the U.S., Canada, or western Europe, and I'd bet actually you've never set foot outside of the U.S. If you had you'd realize how stupid you are claiming that the Chinese government had no opportunity to inspect the computers in Snowden's possession.

Since I never made any such claim we'll just chalk this post up to another one of your fantasies.

So are the alleged Russian spies better than Snowden? If so, then I'd hazard a guess that the entire NSA is under threat from Russian spies.

Snowden was a low-level employee. Yes, the Russian government probably has many high level spies that are "better" than him.

They could also disappear him into a back room and torture the encryption key out of him if they can't hack it. Of course, Snowden is only concerned about his own hide, so they'd probably just have to threaten him and he'd turn it right over.

Duh.

Yes. I'm trying to figure out how you could be this ignorant. You've clearly never been through customs at any airport outside of the U.S., Canada, or western Europe, and I'd bet actually you've never set foot outside of the U.S. If you had you'd realize how stupid you are claiming that the Chinese government had no opportunity to inspect the computers in Snowden's possession.

Since I never made any such claim we'll just chalk this post up to another one of your fantasies.

If Tommy Chong were to fly into he U.S. and proclaim publicly that he's carrying marijuana, what do you think would happen at customs?

So are the alleged Russian spies better than Snowden? If so, then I'd hazard a guess that the entire NSA is under threat from Russian spies.

Snowden was a low-level employee. Yes, the Russian government probably has many high level spies that are "better" than him.

They could also disappear him into a back room and torture the encryption key out of him if they can't hack it. Of course, Snowden is only concerned about his own hide, so they'd probably just have to threaten him and he'd turn it right over.

Duh.

Making over $100k/year. Some low-level.

Your fantasies are getting boring though. If you ever come across any evidence be sure to let us know.

If Tommy Chong were to fly into he U.S. and proclaim publicly that he's carrying marijuana, what do you think would happen at customs?

This point is irrelevant to the already irrelevant point you were attempting to make. It's like inception for irrelevancy.

Duh.

Making over $100k/year. Some low-level.

Your fantasies are getting boring though. If you ever come across any evidence be sure to let us know.

29 years old, highest education is a GED, 7 years total experience beyond being a security guard. Yeah, he was quite low-level. $100K as a traveling sys-admin consultant with a TS-SCI clearance is slightly above entry level.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uulv4ve6RJ8]Glenn Greenwald Speaks Out - YouTube[/ame]

Suck a tailpipe oohpoo

This point is irrelevant to the already irrelevant point you were attempting to make. It's like inception for irrelevancy.

Yet ya'll keep feeding the troll.

Forum List

Back