Ebola is panic unjustified?

Here, in my opinion, is the deal. Mostly everyone has nothing to fear from Ebola. Mostly everyone has nothing to fear from contracting AIDS. But we seem to put a big emphasis on AIDS and now Ebola. Sure we can't stop a meteor strike but we certainly can effect that which we can have an impact. Perhaps I should have used the word Fear instead of Panic.

We will worry about Ebola until it runs its course then we will move on. Meanwhile I just wonder what stories are being buried, if any.

Is Iran still building a nuclear reactor?

Is ISIS still on the doorsteps of Baghdad?

The newly opened hearing on Fast and Furious, whatever happened?

The stock market crashing before our eyes?

Don't pay any attention to that other stuff---it's not important. Elections are coming up and politicians jobs are at stake. THAT'S what is important.

Here, in my opinion, is the deal. Mostly everyone has nothing to fear from Ebola. Mostly everyone has nothing to fear from contracting AIDS. But we seem to put a big emphasis on AIDS and now Ebola. Sure we can't stop a meteor strike but we certainly can effect that which we can have an impact. Perhaps I should have used the word Fear instead of Panic.

We will worry about Ebola until it runs its course then we will move on. Meanwhile I just wonder what stories are being buried, if any.

Is Iran still building a nuclear reactor?

Is ISIS still on the doorsteps of Baghdad?

The newly opened hearing on Fast and Furious, whatever happened?

The stock market crashing before our eyes?
Since the epidemic began, in the US hundreds of thousands of people have died of AIDS.
In the US, 2 people have died of Ebola.
There is no reason for panic or mass hysteria about Ebola. There is reason for concern, and our government is dealing with the issue in the same way other governments are.
As has been noted: the 'panic' and 'hysteria' are a cover for criticism of Obama.
Pretty pathetic.

Yes and no. There is a very slim chance that it will escalate. If it doesn't then consider this a dry run.
I find the response fascinating.

Duncan's fiancee and her family were exposed to Ebola. They were quarantined AND then a court order was issued because they refused to comply.

Snyderman and her crew agreed to self quarantine and did not comply.

Besserman, at least, didn't agree to jack.

The nurse that was on the plane had been cleared by the CDC.

The tech on the cruise ship voluntarily quarantined herself.

WHO made a mistake, admittedly, in containment because of there not being a health care system in those countries. Yep. Who the hell is this group again? That's a pretty damn big mistake for this specific organization, no? Pretty basic stuff right there. The very same organization that is vehemently opposed to stopping flights.

It is absolutely fascinating the number of people that come into contact with all of the above individuals.

*Sigh*. Panic is never justified.

But having deep concerns over a lack of preparedness on the part of the medical community is justified.

But having deep concerns over the lack of protocols and protection for the potential ebola patient, other patients and for the front line health care workers is justified.

But having deep concerns over a lack of preparedness on the part of government to at the very least screen individuals coming from West Africa is justified.

In the olden days I believe it was "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

It is still true to this day.

Of course the panic is not justified. That doesn't stop the panic profiteers.
Fox wants ratings and to kiss GOP ass.
The GOP wants everyone to blame Obama for Scarlet Fever too.

Best thing that has EVER appeared on Fox news:

Ebolysteria.

OMG! They are letting Nurse Ebola talk to her family via Skype!!! They are going to get Ebola over the internet!

The CDC can't say how Nurse Ebola got infected. She could have gotten it by reading about Ebola over the internet.

Pass it on!

Who said this ladies and gentlemen? Who stressed how crucial it was that the global community act to fight the spread of ebola?

So it's bullshit when the President's supporters spew the "ebola is nothing to worry about" and "all you want to do is spank the President" when Obama himself finally realized the gravity of the situation.

Now he may have come late to the party, but better late than never.

Cripes libs. I agree with the President. I truly do. You don't. Aye carumba! The world is upside down.

"The number of people infected could grow to tens or even hundreds of
thousands, he warned, if the outbreak isn’t stopped now.

That would mean “profound political and economic and security
implications for all of us,” he said.

“This is an epidemic that is not just a threat to regional security, it’s a threat to global security if these countries break down, if their economics break down, if people panic.

And that has a profound effect on all of us, even if we
are not directly contracting the disease.”

Obama to Send 3 000 Troops to Liberia in Ebola Fight

Who said this ladies and gentlemen? Who stressed how crucial it was that the global community act to fight the spread of ebola?

So it's bullshit when the President's supporters spew the "ebola is nothing to worry about" and "all you want to do is spank the President" when Obama himself finally realized the gravity of the situation.

Cripes libs. I agree with the President. You don't. The world is upside down.

“This is an epidemic that is not just a threat to regional security, it’s a threat to global security if these countries break down, if their economics break down, if people panic.

Obama is talking about Africa when he is talking about tens or hundreds of thousands.

There is no need to panic HERE.

You have been infected with Ebolysteria.

You really can catch Ebolysteria over the internet. It is highly contagious. There are millions who have been infected here in the US.

You can inoculate yourself against further mental illness by taking courses in Logic and Critical Thinking.

Ebolysteria.

OMG! They are letting Nurse Ebola talk to her family via Skype!!! They are going to get Ebola over the internet!

The CDC can't say how Nurse Ebola got infected. She could have gotten it by reading about Ebola over the internet.

Pass it on!

:tinfoil:

Panic is always unjustified. Short of watching an incoming ICBM MIRV, panic only ever causes more problems than it prevents.

The panic that just cracks me up is what we've seen about meteors hitting the earth. People are stupid and they've been stupid about Ebola.

The Ebola panic has just been an excuse to criticize President Obama. Funny because, so far, he's been spot on in his response.

Absolutely not. O's lack of response is expected. This is what happens when inept retards are elected to the presidency.
Is that why SARS was so prevalent?I guess Oblama owns the 450k deaths a year from heart disease also..derp
Be amusing to go back and see how many unusual disease deaths there were in the US on Republican watches for all the grief being levelled at the current Democratic Administration.

Since you feel the need to turn this into a partisan issue, let's refresh your memory about the 700,000 that died with the 1918 flu with wilson as president.

Yes and no. There is a very slim chance that it will escalate. If it doesn't then consider this a dry run.

Duncan's fiancee and her family were exposed to Ebola. They were quarantined AND then a court order was issued because they refused to comply.

WHO made a mistake, admittedly, in containment because of there not being a health care system in those countries. Yep. Who the hell is this group again? That's a pretty damn big mistake for this specific organization, no? Pretty basic stuff right there. The very same organization that is vehemently opposed to stopping flights.

It is absolutely fascinating the number of people that come into contact with all of the above individuals.

WHO is at least admitting they really dropped the ball this time round. I was reading a very touching piece about the ground situation in Liberia.

The poverty is indescribable. They have nothing. Due to all the civil wars I believe the President of Liberia said they only had 36 doctors left in the country after all these years of regional conflicts.

I'll just leave my comments right there because I'll just start to stroke out knowing that millions of dollars of foreign aid never ever seems to get to the poor. :) Frustrating as all get out.

Panic is always unjustified. Short of watching an incoming ICBM MIRV, panic only ever causes more problems than it prevents.

The panic that just cracks me up is what we've seen about meteors hitting the earth. People are stupid and they've been stupid about Ebola.

The Ebola panic has just been an excuse to criticize President Obama. Funny because, so far, he's been spot on in his response.

Absolutely not. O's lack of response is expected. This is what happens when inept retards are elected to the presidency.
Is that why SARS was so prevalent?I guess Oblama owns the 450k deaths a year from heart disease also..derp
Be amusing to go back and see how many unusual disease deaths there were in the US on Republican watches for all the grief being levelled at the current Democratic Administration.

Since you feel the need to turn this into a partisan issue, let's refresh your memory about the 700,000 that died with the 1918 flu with wilson as president.
You GOP guys have nothing to fear, diseases don't vote....

WHO is at least admitting they really dropped the ball this time round. I was reading a very touching piece about the ground situation in Liberia.

The poverty is indescribable. They have nothing. Due to all the civil wars I believe the President of Liberia said they only had 36 doctors left in the country after all these years of regional conflicts.

I'll just leave my comments right there because I'll just start to stroke out knowing that millions of dollars of foreign aid never ever seems to get to the poor. :) Frustrating as all get out.

It is very frustrating. I agree with that.

Unless it's in front of you, it really is nothing to worry about. Ebola is a gun. It's only dangerous if it's being pointed at you. That it spread in the US is because the hospital had ridiculously poor protocols. For you and me, it is absolutely zero to worry about.

Ebolysteria.

Pass it on!

I am more worried about catching whatever it is you got! :^D

Do you think that the foreign aid and charities actually perpetuate the conditions we find in so many countries?

Cripes libs. I agree with the President. You don't. The world is upside down.

Obama is talking about Africa when he is talking about tens or hundreds of thousands.

There is no need to panic HERE.

You have been infected with Ebolysteria.

You really can catch Ebolysteria over the internet. It is highly contagious. There are millions who have been infected here in the US.

You can inoculate yourself against further mental illness by taking courses in Logic and Critical Thinking.

Much better chance of your child catching some sort of exotic disease from the illegals flooding the country. Oh right the hype over Ebola has replaced that risk, very clever the MSM.

*Sigh*. Panic is never justified.

But having deep concerns over a lack of preparedness on the part of the medical community is justified.

But having deep concerns over the lack of protocols and protection for the potential ebola patient, other patients and for the front line health care workers is justified.

But having deep concerns over a lack of preparedness on the part of government to at the very least screen individuals coming from West Africa is justified.

In the olden days I believe it was "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

It is still true to this day.

I do most of my work in a panic state, mostly over dead lines. Procrastination is a disease.

Forum List

Back