Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Hillel, like all of Jewry, followed the Oral Torah that puts man above God, so I like that.

Today, he would be seen as a Gnostic Christian. Most of the intelligentsia is.
Hillel did not put man above God----Mel Gibson did.

Hillel did not put man above God----Mel Gibson did.
His own words belie what you think, but that aside, that is the intelligent view, and Oral Torah tradition, is it not?

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.

Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Last edited:
true---but very INSPIRING
Was, before supernatural belief ruined it.

That thinking took the root of the best, note how it took off in the beginning, and turned it into one of the worst.

No thanks for that INSPIRATION.

Jesus, if he were real would flip out

there is a lot of Akkadian cuneiform in arabia because AKKADIANS
who spoke and wrote AKKADIAN made incursions there. Akkadian is
not arabic and Akkadians were not arabs. Arabs were people originating
in arabia and who spoke arabic.

SO? Herodotus was wrong-----His theory that everyone in Mesopotamia
is FROM ARABIA ---is ludicrous but could be consistent with some sort of
perverted Baathist ideology. Mesopotamia is not Arabia. Somehow---
the completely illiterate people of arabia migrated to Mesopotamia and
suddenly developed a written language that has a very tenuous connection
with the language they spoke when they got there----to wit "arabic" and
developed an agrarian society dependent on the two rivers but had
been nomadic shepherds. I wonder what word Herodotus used for "arab".
In pre-islam times ----arabs were called ISHMAELITES in the bible and
the talmud. As to various tribes in the PALESTINE OF HERODOTUS---the
Palestine of Herodotus covered a lot more area than the JUDEA of the
Roman occupation----it included even parts of Syria, probably Gaza and
definitely the lands that had once harbored the PHILISTINES who were
Aegeans. The Assyrians were Assyrians----not arabs. The Philistines were
Phonecians, the Edomites and Samaritans were breakoffs from the
descendants of ISAAC---via his twin kids JACOB AND ESAU (so they say)
Only a simpleton would claim THE JEWS WERE NEVER IN EGYPT---it's not much of a walk OVER LAND. Even the Greeks were in Troy and it was harder to get there. There is also a linguistic and cultural connection

Arabs migrated ten thousand years ago.. long before Islam or Judaism.

Arabs migrated ten thousand years ago.. long before Islam or Judaism.
All sorts of people MIGRATED---the species "HOMO SAPIEN" is a migrating animal. Just ten thousand years ago? arabs got started that recently?---Gee--they remained static for a very long time---dependent on a few docile
animals that ate up their lush tract of land

All sorts of people MIGRATED---the species "HOMO SAPIEN" is a migrating animal. Just ten thousand years ago? arabs got started that recently?---Gee--they remained static for a very long time---dependent on a few docile
animals that ate up their lush tract of land
Arabia was once a savanna

Arabs migrated 14,000 to 10,000 years ago. The most powerful Arab tribe migrated from Yemen to Northern Arabia.. I'll look up their name for you.
not interested in "arab power"---it was demonstrated on October 7 to
the extreme delight of your 'cultural leaders'---WHO DESCRBIED IT AS GLORIOUS.
You have meaningless, trivial information----I prefer the migration
patterns of the Monarch butterfly

not interested in "arab power"---it was demonstrated on October 7 to
the extreme delight of your 'cultural leaders'---WHO DESCRBIED IT AS GLORIOUS.
You have meaningless, trivial information----I prefer the migration
patterns of the Monarch butterfly

Hamas is Muslim Brotherhood. Israel funded them as part of the strategy to prevent any 2 state solution ever.

The Arab tribe was called Thalmud.

His own words belie what you think, but that aside, that is the intelligent view, and Oral Torah tradition, is it not?
what words of Hillel's say he put man "above" God?
Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."
this is from the Talmud, tractate Shabbat, 31a. In it, an insincere convert (the text has a series of stories of insincere non-Jews attempting to annoy Hillel and Shammai by asking things they know aren't reasonable) asks about converting if he can be taught the entirety of the Torah while "standing on one foot". Hillel sums everything up in a pithy statement and then says that to understand it, one must now study the entire corpus of the Jewish texts.

Hamas is Muslim Brotherhood. Israel funded them as part of the strategy to prevent any 2 state solution ever.

for those not familiar with the vile stench of islamo nazi propaganda--
take note----it is highly, both, idiotic and repetitious. The technique
is most associated with a famous islamo nazi hero--Josef Goebbels and
is perpetuated even today---even on this messageboard. Israel does not
support Hamas----and Hamas has nothing to do with anything related to Israel other than the DELIGHT islamo nazi sluts get at the sexual mutilation of Jewish girls that include the shoving of the guns of their HEROES into the vaginas of Jewish women and SHOOTING for the glory of ALLAH and the
ANGLICAN/EPISCOPALIAN version of the innocent Pharisee man of long ago--to wit JESUS

right in MODERN USAGE---today any person who---based on invasion and subjugation by arabs ---SPEAKS arabic---is called an "ARAB"----but their
ancestors were not called arabs. Ramses of Egypt was NOT AN ARAB, Hummarabi of Mesopotamia was an an ARAB etc etc-----it is just a matter
of being forced into an unwanted "culture"---the most resistant are the Iranians who still speak FARSI and truly DESPISE the people now called
"ARABS", their culture, their music and even their cuisine. It is almost humorous

Hillel sums everything up in a pithy statement and then says that to understand it, one must now study the entire corpus of the Jewish texts.

- there in lies their fault than jesus who instructed no such deception.

Oh.

No. I am seldom surprised.

I have not had the pleasure of losing a decent argument in some time.

Religious apologists have lost their touch.
here is the key: Whther someone says "I am a believer" or "I am not a believer" --- don't accept either one, go by what they SAY

Forum List

Back