Ebola is panic unjustified?

The ebola panic isn't so much over ebola as a panic over the recognition that the government's policies in dealing with ebola seem designed to spread ebola as much as possible, while appearing to do the opposite.

Panic is always unjustified. Short of watching an incoming ICBM MIRV, panic only ever causes more problems than it prevents.

Panic is always unjustified. Short of watching an incoming ICBM MIRV, panic only ever causes more problems than it prevents.

The panic that just cracks me up is what we've seen about meteors hitting the earth. People are stupid and they've been stupid about Ebola.

The Ebola panic has just been an excuse to criticize President Obama. Funny because, so far, he's been spot on in his response.

The panic that just cracks me up is what we've seen about meteors hitting the earth. People are stupid and they've been stupid about Ebola.

The Ebola panic has just been an excuse to criticize President Obama. Funny because, so far, he's been spot on in his response.

Absolutely not. O's lack of response is expected. This is what happens when inept retards are elected to the presidency.

Absolutely not. O's lack of response is expected. This is what happens when inept retards are elected to the presidency.
Is that why SARS was so prevalent?I guess Oblama owns the 450k deaths a year from heart disease also..derp

More to fear from meteor strikes than ebola. Can't do anything about a meteor and probably wont notice it until it's too late. Can avoid ebola patients pretty easily. Ebola in the US has precisely twice as many kills though as meteors at 1 vs 0. One landed on some woman's car dented the crap out of it way back but think that was in Australia. :)

Be amusing to go back and see how many unusual disease deaths there were in the US on Republican watches for all the grief being levelled at the current Democratic Administration.

More to fear from meteor strikes than ebola. Can't do anything about a meteor and probably wont notice it until it's too late. Can avoid ebola patients pretty easily. Ebola in the US has precisely twice as many kills though as meteors at 1 vs 0. One landed on some woman's car dented the crap out of it way back but think that was in Australia. :)

Good, I also have very little to fear from gun violence. I have almost zero fear of contracting AIDS. So why the big deal is made out of gun ownership and AIDS research? Why does the government seem to be making a big deal out of Ebola and yet the POTUS seems to down play the risk?

Here, in my opinion, is the deal. Mostly everyone has nothing to fear from Ebola. Mostly everyone has nothing to fear from contracting AIDS. But we seem to put a big emphasis on AIDS and now Ebola. Sure we can't stop a meteor strike but we certainly can effect that which we can have an impact. Perhaps I should have used the word Fear instead of Panic.

We will worry about Ebola until it runs its course then we will move on. Meanwhile I just wonder what stories are being buried, if any.

Is Iran still building a nuclear reactor?

Is ISIS still on the doorsteps of Baghdad?

The newly opened hearing on Fast and Furious, whatever happened?

The stock market crashing before our eyes?

Be amusing to go back and see how many unusual disease deaths there were in the US on Republican watches for all the grief being levelled at the current Democratic Administration.

I don't see this being partisan. But trying to make it partisan is a defense mechanism I do understand that. Out of the links provided there are exactly two that mention the administration and even those are not accusations.

They have been just as stupid about Assad but that doesn't slow Obama down one bit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back