Dungeons and Dragons (Game)

I suggest learning as you play ... start as a fighter ... hopefully the Dungeon Master will work with you until you get the hang of it ... it's roll-playing ... so make up something ... go wild ... chop up a bar full of sailors ... good clean fun ...

the best being a rogue, since you get pluses for dexterity, that helps with opening locks and picking pockets.

... And Rogues/Thieves have skills in finding or disarming traps ... Secret passageways ... etc ... And they cannot be flanked after a certain level.
But ... All Classes and types/races/genders have attributes and/or disadvantages ... So choose carefully.

In 3.5 werewrats are supposed to be chaotic evil, but thank god our DM decided to make them Lawful Evil instead.

I go with the Monstrous Manual AD&D Second Edition ... I am a DM and we play AD&D first version.
I allow some new Classes ... But none of the "newer" rule changes.

But you are correct ... Game wise ...
The DM chooses the rules and can change them to whatever they want.

I started playing in the military ...
It's how we killed time when there was nothing else to do ... :auiqs.jpg:

I was on a submarine. I had duty for 8 hours, slept for 8 and then had to fill the other 8 somehow.

I was finally invited to the Big Game. There was one D&D game on my boat that had 3 players for every character. It went on 24 hours a day for 2 to 3 months.

I go with the Monstrous Manual ... I am a DM and we play AD&D first version.

You guys are still playing old school AD&D? Holy shit! I havent played that since the 80's, lol!

Yeah and that's like two decades before my fiancée and I were born.

I knew about it, I'm starting to learn how the game works and how to play and you don't have to be so rude about it. Don't like it, then why did you click on this thread in the first place?
Disregard me posting that.

Yeah, I got interested in it back when it was in its heyday.

Somebody who was into the game heavily.........I can't remember, possibly a Mage or Wizard in Training or something.
Anyway, he showed me the three books he had to read and memorize before he could become the Game Master/Dungeon Master.

"Books" is a frail description..........these fucking things were 4 inches thick or more!!!!! One was rules, one was scenarios, and one was characters and powers.

Fuck that shit!!!

I told him I'd just stick with checkers. :auiqs.jpg:
They were not that thick, stahp with teh hyperbole.

Chaotic Neutral ... Half-Elf ... Thief/Assassin ... Specialize in Dagger ... Secondary Proficiency Bow ... High Dexterity Needed
Secondary Skills ... Climbing, Swimming, Barter/Trade

That sounds like your avatar looks. Hmm..

I go with the Monstrous Manual AD&D Second Edition ... I am a DM and we play AD&D first version.

I's "Monster Manual", but OK. My best friend had that, and I had the AD&D book. And we'd do modules. I know where there's 2 full sets of dice right now. It's a friend of mine's that died, (never played D&D with him) but whatever.

Last edited:
The original AD&D DM's guide was pretty thick. Probably around 2 inches.
Yeah, the DM guide was thicker. I had the "AD&D" book. and my friend had the other 2. Monster manual and DM guide.
and we both had some modules. The order one plays them in matters.
Da fuq was that one? "Journey to the Spider Queen's Lair" or something like that. You needed to have time in to attempt that one.

There was no "city" involved..it was a dungeon.

That sounds like your avatar looks. Hmm..

Oh no ... She's a lot crazier than anything in my avatar ... Chaotic Neutral is an awesome Alignment ...
But you really cannot play that Alignment correctly until you are a seasoned player.

Yeah, the DM guide was thicker. I had the "AD&D" book. and my friend had the other 2. Monster manual and DM guide.
and we both had some modules. The order one plays them in matters.
Me and my buddies had multiple copies of EVERY book. We have a huge dice collection and a figurine collection that was enormous. We had hundreds of those pewter figurines.

Oh no ... She's a lot crazier than anything in my avatar ... Chaotic Neutral is an awesome Alignment ...
But you really cannot play that Alignment correctly until you are a seasoned player.

I'd rather be Chaotic Good. :funnyface:

Chaotic Neutral is for thieves that aren't total evil assholes, yet self absorbed and not against hurting someone to get ahead.

I's "Monster Manual", but OK. My best friend had that, and I had the AD&D book. And we'd do modules. I know where there's 2 full sets of dice right now. It's a friend of mine's that died, (never played D&D with him) but whatever.

Hey ... I am going to pretend like you didn't just try to do that ... :auiqs.jpg:
It's not like it wasn't sitting right next to me ... I used it to verify the information I told Godboy about the Lycanthropes.

52657414021_5d8b8a3959_c.jpg

I'd rather be Chaotic Good. :funnyface:

Chaotic Neutral is for thieves that aren't total evil assholes, yet self absorbed and not against hurting someone to get ahead.

See ... You are wrong again ... Because it is not Evil ... In any way.

Good and Evil are easier to play ...
Chaotic Neutral is not easy to play.

Forum List

Back