Dungeons and Dragons (Game)

See ... You are wrong again ... Because it is not Evil ... In any way.

Being just out for one's self can be considered evil. If you really wanted to be good, you'd be chaotic good or lawful good.

I'm chaotic good in real life!

Being just out for one's self can be considered evil.

But ... Chaotic Neutral is not Bound by Good or Evil ... So they don't have to be Evil or Good.

You have to know how to play the Alignment ... And if your DM is good ... And you wander too far ...
You can suffer the consequences of an Alignment change ... And roll the risk of "Insanity" to boot ... :auiqs.jpg:

This is a thread specifically about the game not about the movies coming out or the upcoming one. I started learning a tad bit about it this weekend over at my fiancée's house like the dice and the kinds of characters there are, but I have yet to make a character myself and I'm going to wait for that when I'm over for the week.

Anyways, is there any current players of the game because I didn't realize that there were so much information that you needed to know before you could actually start playing it. I think that I would like to be a halfling unless you can make up your own category and be a witch or a princess or something since I didn't see one of those kinds of characters listed.

I was very much into it, during my later high-school and early college years, back in the late 1970s to early 1980s. I've occasionally dabbled in it on and off a few times, since then.

Being just out for one's self can be considered evil.

Like giving you an example ... My Chaotic Neutral thief assassin hates Slavery and Slavers ...
She'll kill the Slavers on sight ... Is that Good or Evil?

But ... Chaotic Neutral is not Bound by Good or Evil ... So they don't have to be Evil or Good.

You have to know how to play the Alignment ... And if your DM is good ... And you wander too far ...
You can suffer the consequences of an Alignment change ... And roll the risk of "Insanity" to boot ... :auiqs.jpg:

Not bound by good..what's the alternative-? :dunno:
4039639.jpg

Like giving you an example ... My Chaotic Neutral thief assassin hates Slavery and Slavers ...
She'll kill the Slavers on sight ... Is that Good or Evil?

You play your character however you want, but there's also many other ways that alignment could be played.
Don't try to pretend there isn't. Just because I didn't know about that newer book, doesn't mean I don't know about the game.

You play your character however you want, but there's also many other ways that alignment could be played.

No ... There is a proper way to play it ... And if you go too far one way or another ...
Your character can suffer an alignment change ... And the risk of Insanity ... That goes for any Alignment.

Although I do have to give you credit for playing Chaotic Good ...
It's about the easiest to Alignment to play ... About the easiest to get killed too ... :auiqs.jpg:

And in case you are wondering ... The Copyright on this book is 1979 ...
Before I was born ... :auiqs.jpg:

52657973318_2613d6eb94_c.jpg

That book I know of. My best friend had that one AND the Monster Manual.
I had the AD&D book. Between us we had some modules. He was the DM.

I think USMB hosts the largest bunch of D&D players I've ever seen together in my life! :auiqs.jpg:

I've never seen that b4. :eek:

This is what I'm talking about:
As my memory serves, we had multiple copies of the Monster Manuals 1 and 2 (was a there a 3?), Fiend Folio, Unearthed Arcana, Deities and Demigods, Manual of the Planes, Players Handbook, DM's Guide, am i missing any? A shit load of Dragon Magazines and modules too. Its been awhile, cant remember it all.

Unearthed Arcana,

That's a good one right there ... Introduced the Elixir of Life.
If your Characters can earn enough gold ... And find a Mage that can make it ... They can live quite a while.

But ... I think one costs about 50,000 gold ... And it only gives your character 1D4+1 years back.
Get out there earning ... :auiqs.jpg:

As my memory serves, we had multiple copies of the Monster Manuals 1 and 2 (was a there a 3?), Fiend Folio, Unearthed Arcana, Deities and Demigods, Manual of the Planes, Players Handbook, DM's Guide, am i missing any? A shit load of Dragon Magazines and modules too. Its been awhile, cant remember it all.
Fiend Folio and Deities and Demigods. I remember that. I had the player's handbook.

I think USMB hosts the largest bunch of D&D players I've ever seen together in my life!

I don't play near as much now ... Maybe once or twice a year.
The crew will get together ... Take a long weekend at the Camp ... Eat good food, drink a lot ...
And get it out of our system until the next time it comes around.

It's still fun ... And we do Open World campaigns ... So they can be interesting.

I don't play near as much now ... Maybe once or twice a year.
The crew will get together ... Take a long weekend at the Camp ... Eat good food, drink a lot ...
And get it out of our system until the next time it comes around.

It's still fun ... And we do Open World campaigns ... So they can be interesting.

It's been at least a dozen years for me. Before that?! Oy! Pfffft! It's been a long time since I was 13.

The crew got back together for a last row, but one of us lost his wife in the process with one of the players that was not as much about it as we were and more about our friend's wife. Yeah..I don't care to talk to that guy anymore. Our original friend had children with that wife. He was never my favorite dude, in fact, one night I hit him with an axe handle. But.. that doesn't mean some slime should take his wife and kids from him. That's some dastardly shit right there. I wouldn't wish that on a motherfucker no kinda way. Or do that.
(enter d&d mode) That way of doing things is chaotic evil.

Last edited:
It's been at least a dozen years for me. Before that?! Oy! Pfffft! It's been a long time since I was 13.

I like it because you get to "think" ... You're not just playing a video game ... And you make the story happen ...
Just rolling the dice ... With the help of others and the DM.

Last edited:

I like it because you get to "think" ... You're not just playing a video game ... And you make the story happen ...
Just rolling the dice ... With the help of others and the DM.

My friend that lost his wife still had character sheets printed up in like 1985 n stuff. I used to have a stack of them myself.
It had everything one needed covered.. just to be sure we made more copies of blank ones in 2000-something.

You could take one of these things and roll yourself a brand-new character. All the stats and all is covered.
I bet you would feel like shit if you had to roll a brand new level 1 character right now.
How is there not more online D&D? There was this "UO" stuff for a while. I heard about that, never partook.
A good Dungeon Master is an asset.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back