Dungeons and Dragons (Game)

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
This is a thread specifically about the game not about the movies coming out or the upcoming one. I started learning a tad bit about it this weekend over at my fiancée's house like the dice and the kinds of characters there are, but I have yet to make a character myself and I'm going to wait for that when I'm over for the week.

Anyways, is there any current players of the game because I didn't realize that there were so much information that you needed to know before you could actually start playing it. I think that I would like to be a halfling unless you can make up your own category and be a witch or a princess or something since I didn't see one of those kinds of characters listed.

Anyways, is there any current players of the game because I didn't realize that there were so much information that you needed to know before you could actually start playing it. I think that I would like to be a halfling unless you can make up your own category and be a witch or a princess or something since I didn't see one of those kinds of characters listed.
The amount of information i can give depends on which DnD rule system you are using. Im an expert at DnD 3.5, but we havent upgraded to the new 5.0 rule set, though i have a vague understanding of it, not to mention the fact that most of the concepts are the same in every rule set.

I assume you guys are 5.0.

• Banned
The amount of information i can give depends on which DnD rule system you are using. Im an expert at DnD 3.5, but we havent upgraded to the new 5.0 rule set, though i have a vague understanding of it, not to mention the fact that most of the concepts are the same in every rule set.

Not sure, we only went over stuff in the books about them right now. I haven't seen the actual game yet. I'm also still trying to figure out different benefits for different characters and if they can use any weapon or does each specific character have a specific weapon or weapons.

Not sure, we only went over stuff in the books about them right now. I haven't seen the actual game yet. I'm also still trying to figure out different benefits for different characters and if they can use any weapon or does each specific character have a specific weapon or weapons.
Find and interesting tale and spend, spend, spend money on da books.

This is a thread specifically about the game not about the movies coming out or the upcoming one. I started learning a tad bit about it this weekend over at my fiancée's house like the dice and the kinds of characters there are, but I have yet to make a character myself and I'm going to wait for that when I'm over for the week.

If you didn't know about D&D before last weekend; Where have you been for the past 30+ years? Your best bet is to research all the die if you're going to play. Maybe figure out what your chances are here and there. You don't know about D&D and your fiancee plays it? It's your call if you want to join in. I might have an AD&D book or Dungeon module around here..or not. That was a long time ago.

"Journey into the Spider-something Lair"

It had "Stormbringer" in it. Which is very powerful, but also cursed somehow. :dunno:
That's only if you beat the spider boss. (which is a female)
Otherwise you just die and have to reroll another character.

Last edited:
  • Banned
dnd has been around since the late 70s

Yeah and that's like two decades before my fiancée and I were born.

If you didn't know about D&D before last weekend, STFU about it.

I knew about it, I'm starting to learn how the game works and how to play and you don't have to be so rude about it. Don't like it, then why did you click on this thread in the first place?

They changed a lot of stuff with 5.0, but i assume that certain things are similar, like weapon groups. So you have "Fighters" who can use pretty much every weapon group. Rogues will have a more limited list of weapons that they can use. Its usually smaller lighter weapons. Barbarians would have a larger selection of weapons than rogues too.

A fighter can also use heavy "full plate armor", which is the typical head to toe armor that you see knights wearing in movies. Fighters get a lot of weapon feats, but the long list might be a bit overwhelming to someone new.

Chaotic Neutral ... Half-Elf ... Thief/Assassin ... Specialize in Dagger ... Secondary Proficiency Bow ... High Dexterity Needed
Secondary Skills ... Climbing, Swimming, Barter/Trade

They changed a lot of stuff with 5.0, but i assume that certain things are similar, like weapon groups. So you have "Fighters" who can use pretty much every weapon group. Rogues will have a more limited list of weapons that they can use. Its usually smaller lighter weapons. Barbarians would have a larger selection of weapons than rogues too.

A fighter can also use heavy "full plate armor", which is the typical head to toe armor that you see knights wearing in movies. Fighters get a lot of weapon feats, but the long list might be a bit overwhelming to someone new.

Oh you mean that not every character is a fighter? From my understanding I thought that you choose your character and they each have their own weapons and fighting styles. Then again it was a lot we went over in two days and I only remember the basics and that there were like elves, halflings, orcs, humans, and I think giants or something? But why would anybody want to be a human in that game? It seems kind of boring when we are in real life lol and I still think that it would be really cool to make your own character. I like the shapeshifters and the character with the wolf too. Especially since I love wolves!! :D

Chaotic Neutral ... Half-Elf ... Thief/Assassin ... Specialize in Dagger ... Secondary Proficiency Bow ... High Dexterity Needed
Secondary Skills ... Climbing, Swimming, Barter/Trade

LOL!! Thats pretty close to what im making right now for our next campaign. Except im a lawful evil wererat.

Oh you mean that not every character is a fighter? From my understanding I thought that you choose your character and they each have their own weapons and fighting styles. Then again it was a lot we went over in two days and I only remember the basics and that there were like elves, halflings, orcs, humans, and I think giants or something? But why would anybody want to be a human in that game? It seems kind of boring when we are in real life lol and I still think that it would be really cool to make your own character. I like the shapeshifters and the character with the wolf too. Especially since I love wolves!! :D
There are base classes and then there are sub classes. A fighter is a base class. Its all very confusing at first, but its not as complicated as you might think.

Here is a list... DnD 5e - Classes | RPGBOT

Werewolf is a race in DnD, though i think you would have to be evil to play one. You would get human form, wolfman form and a wolf form.

Race is important. You ask why anyone would want to be human? I assume its similar in 5.0, but humans in 3.5 get a bonus feat at 1st level and they get extra skill points. Humans are actually pretty great. All races have their upsides. Orcs are strong, halflings are small and nimble, dwarves are tough, etc.

I’ve been an active D&D player and Dungeon Master for deveral decades. I’ve also played and run campaigns for a number of other games (WoD, Shadowrun, Palladium, etc…).

I’ve always found the key to a good game/campaign is being in a group that truly invests itself in their characters and truly embrace the role-playing as much as the stats and dice rolls.

There are base classes and then there are sub classes. A fighter is a base class. Its all very confusing at first, but its not as complicated as you might think.

Here is a list... DnD 5e - Classes | RPGBOT

Werewolf is a race in DnD, though i think you would have to be evil to play one. You would get human form, wolfman form and a wolf form.

Oh wait, I think that it was actually her (I think it was a her) companion now that I think of it, but I'll take a look at the list after I'm finished with my snack and a few things. Thanks!! :D

Yeah, I got interested in it back when it was in its heyday.

Somebody who was into the game heavily.........I can't remember, possibly a Mage or Wizard in Training or something.
Anyway, he showed me the three books he had to read and memorize before he could become the Game Master/Dungeon Master.

"Books" is a frail description..........these fucking things were 4 inches thick or more!!!!! One was rules, one was scenarios, and one was characters and powers.

Fuck that shit!!!

I told him I'd just stick with checkers. :auiqs.jpg:

I still have the original box set of DnD and the Advanced version of DnD. To be a halfling you are very limited in what you can be, the best being a rogue, since you get pluses for dexterity, that helps with opening locks and picking pockets. To be a witch(Magic User) humans give you unlimited levels while elves and half elves also are limited up to a certain level.

It depends on the Lycanthrope ... Wererats are Lawful Evil ... Werewolves are Chaotic Evil ...
Weretigers are Neutral ... Wereravens are Neutral Good ... And so on.

In 3.5 werewrats are supposed to be chaotic evil, but thank god our DM decided to make them Lawful Evil instead. Our wererat party would quickly implode if we were chaotic. I dont know about you guys, but our campaigns take years to finish. They take anywhere from 2-5 years, but we only play about once per month. We do have our own private forums though where we can RP and do stuff between our monthly sessions.

Forum List

Back