Duke Basketball: TrumpUSA Dressing?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Two men's collegiate athletics programs in America stand out for their celebration of academic spirit combined with competitive spirit --- Duke University basketball and University of Notre Dame football. That's why Duke and Notre Dame are considered 'media-friendly' totems for this modern age of media-gauged culture-advertising.

Duke University basketball is special. Duke won the men's title in 1991 and then repeated in 1992 and then won again in 2001, 2010, and 2015. So they repeated and then won in symbolic numerical years to mark the beginning of the new millennium. They did this all under the magnificent Coach K, arguably the greatest men's college basketball coach in history and currently the U.S. men's Olympic team coach.

Duke's fans, known as the 'Cameron Crazies,' are the rowdiest and liveliest fans in all of college sports, and they literally shake Cameron Indoor Stadium.

That's why a new Hollywood (USA) film about the 'Duke mystique' perhaps starring a sensitive actor such as Tobey Maguire (Pawn Sacrifice, Spider-Man) as a respected Duke team-contributor such as the gifted Billy McCaffrey (member of the 1991 championship team who would transfer to Vanderbilt in 1992 and astonishingly raise that school to shocking glory) would represent a great 'American oracle.'

So how much is the Trump Administration committed to America's care for 'education-based media imagination'?

====

TRUMP: I love Duke basketball games on TV, Carter!
CARTER: We have to think about North Korea and Hurricane Irma right now, sir.
TRUMP: I understand, but Americans should know that our government is invested in continued excellence.
CARTER: People care about society and media and the arts but only when they feel safe...
TRUMP: Duke is a celebrated program and Coach K is the leader of the men's Olympic team.
CARTER: I understand that, but how can we coordinate culture-infrastructure with civil-infrastructure?
TRUMP: Hurricane survivors appreciate the value of culture-institution investments (e.g., Duke TV).
CARTER: In that case, we should create a 'NCAA-podium' approach to culture-creativity.

====

:dance:

duke.jpg

cc.jpg

toby.jpg

They should make a movie about the Duke lacross team

Forum List

Back