NFL - TV Ratings Down 20%

Zander

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2009
Los Angeles CA
The NFL ratings are tanking!!! . Since the weirdo Kapernutjob and his comrades started disrespecting our National Anthem, the NFL TV ratings have dropped significantly, with no end in sight.

with a 14.6/25 in meter-market ratings, the beginning of the new NFL season was not exactly a winner for the league and NBC.

Of course, last night’s 8:45 PM – midnight ET game comes off last season’s sacked ratings, as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who was soundly booed and mocked by clown nose sporting Patriots fans at Foxborough last night, the Comcast-owned net and others are more than aware. Starting out in a 12% decline, a generous analysis had ratings for the 2016-2017 season down around 8% overall from the year before in the end.
NFL Kickoff Game Ratings Take A Hit From 2016 As Patriots Lose To Chiefs
On a personal note- this is the first season in 20 years that I am not playing any Fantasy Football. None. I just don't care about it anymore. I don't think I am alone either.

The NFL ratings are tanking!!! . Since the weirdo Kapernutjob and his comrades started disrespecting our National Anthem, the NFL TV ratings have dropped significantly, with no end in sight.

with a 14.6/25 in meter-market ratings, the beginning of the new NFL season was not exactly a winner for the league and NBC.

Of course, last night’s 8:45 PM – midnight ET game comes off last season’s sacked ratings, as NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who was soundly booed and mocked by clown nose sporting Patriots fans at Foxborough last night, the Comcast-owned net and others are more than aware. Starting out in a 12% decline, a generous analysis had ratings for the 2016-2017 season down around 8% overall from the year before in the end.
On a personal note- this is the first season in 20 years that I am not playing any Fantasy Football. None. I just don't care about it anymore. I don't think I am alone either.
What's the NFL? :eusa_whistle:

Dammit its all Collin Kaepernicks fault. Kap told Conservative Amerika to go fuck off.

I like my football team but screw the NFL.

:udaman::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

same here. pretty much the only NFL i watch these days is games from yesteryear in the 70's and 80's when the game was not corrupt as it is now.

i have switched to college football.

go UCLA.:thup:

this is what i said would happen two weeks ago BEFORE the NFL season began.:up:

The only problem with your warped theory that it is because of Kapernick is that NFL ratings started dropping year after year each year drastically worse each year 6 years ago and Kappy did not start this until last season.:D do your homework and research,the NFL ratings started dropping SIX years ago way before Kappy started the controversy.:D:lmao::itsok::itsok:

You are in denial mode that it is because of the CHEATRIOTS organization constantly getting away with scandal after scandal as they do creating the biggest scandal in sports history since the black sox scandal that that is the REAL reason NFL ratings have dropped the last few years.:D

you and rocko and others here always invent flimsy excuse after flimsy excuse all the time that other teams cheat on the same level that they do because you guys are in denial mode that a game that is near and dear to you has been tainted because of the cheatriots and that they have created the biggest scandal and controversy since the black sox scandal.:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

sorry that the truth hurts you guys feelings on this but the proof is in the pudding that NFL fans are fed up with the corruption of the NFL because of the cheatriots organization with the proof being all the fans at santa clara booed that cheating fraud quarterback shady brady at the superbowl.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

sorry the truth hurts charlie,here is a crying towel to deal with the fact ratings have dropped year after because they are sick of this fraud organization.:itsok::itsok::lmao:

this is the CHEATRIOTS team,for a superbowl team you would think the ratings would be sky high for a prime time game like that.:lmao:

Only way they will stop dropping is strip the team of all wins and playoffs and superbowl wins and keep shady brady and belicheat out of the hall of fame to restore the NFL's credibility.:itsok:

the real quarterbacks in the NFL who have the most superbowl rings are tied at four a piece for it,that being of course Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana who were NOT booed.Montana of course you can understand but that does not account for Bradshaw not being booed.:D

He wasnt of course because he is a REAl NFL quarterback who wasnt the wuss brady is who got taken out a whole year by a mere shot to the knee by a mere helmet. Wuss Brady would NEVER have been able to last in the NFL back in Bradshaws day when quarterbacks got thrown around like a ragdoll and defenders could MUG the receivers as they did back then.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Dammit its all Collin Kaepernicks fault. Kap told Conservative Amerika to go fuck off.

Good for Kap.:up:

Posters like the OP, Rocko,and other sheep here at USMB, are in denial mode that a game that is near and dear to them has been tainted with the greatest scandal in sports history by this guy right here and his coach.:lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Patriots_Browns_Football-0834a-0639.jpg

Ignoring pesky facts that prove it the FACT the entire stadium in santa clara booed this phony fraud quarterback:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.:lmao::lmao::happy-1::happy-1:

the REAL NFL quarterbacks that have won the most superbowls-four a piece,are Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana.:D

Last edited:

Not sure you can say any of that considering only one game was played this year. Did you notice that the Patriots/Chiefs game was sold out but by the fourth quarter it looked like the game was being played in the half empty LA Coliseum.

The thing with Kaepernick and others not standing for the flag has not helped, and the other thing is you can find websites where you can watch the games for free and that ain't helping the ratings either.

The thing with Kaepernick and others not standing for the flag has not helped, and the other thing is you can find websites where you can watch the games for free and that ain't helping the ratings either.

Here is the REAL reason NFL ratings are down and will continue year after year in this pic below. when you got an ENTIRE STADIUM booing him as they did superbowl MVP's in teh superbowl two years ago in santa clara,that is telling the whole world cant stand this fraud outside of new england which is WHY the ratings were so horrible in last nights game against the chiefs.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Patriots_Browns_Football-0834a-0639.jpg

Him and his coach have tainted a great sport that is near and dear to many NFL fans.They are sick of this bullshit and of them getting the special treatment other teams get punished for if they commit the same offenses.fuck the NFL:up_yours:

Because of that,I wont even watch my LOS ANGELES Rams anymore even though i em elated they are back in LA where they belong that i have dreamed about the last 22 years.I refuse to cheer on a criminal organization that this cartel is.

I see someone saying that one game does not mean the ratings have gone down.The problem with that lame flimsy as hell excuse is that this was the PATRIOTS,a team that has been to the superbowl 7 times under this fraud quarterback and coach and won FIVE of them so if THAT team cannot draw a viewership,you all really think other teams will? comedy gold.:lmao:

First it was the excuse of the elections last year,now one game,the denials contiune here that it is because of the CHEATRIOTS and their special treatment they get,that NFL fans are sick of the corrupt NFL cartel.the REAL reason ratings are down.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The NFL took in record profits last year.

That's all you need to know.

Can that be credited to Kapernick?

Ratings are down because of alternative means to watch the games. The NFL got my $99 to watch all games on Game Pass. And it's a great deal. No commercials. Convenient.

I don't live in Cleveland anymore but I never miss a Browns game. Watch it at the bar with fellow Browns backers too.

Kap not standing for the National Anthem has brought to lite police corruption, bad cops and police murdering innocent civilians.

Kap not standing for the National Anthem has brought to lite police corruption, bad cops and police murdering innocent civilians.

as much as I cant stand Kap as a person,he is one ugly looking motherfucker,I salute him and other players for doing so.They are just doing it for the wrong reason though.I walk out and go to the restroom during the national anthem myself because i cant stand to hear those BS words the sheep have been brainwashed and programmed to believe their whole lives that this is the land of the free.

we are actually one of the very most suppressed countries in the world and have been programmed by our corrupt school system that it is a free country. all the politcians in washington who run our country are criminals and they get away with crimes everyday INCLUDING murder that we go to jail for. thats no free country.:rolleyes: and the police murdering innocent civilians as well as having murdering criminals who run our government everyday up there in washington,thats no freaking land of the free country.:rolleyes:

so i tip my cap off to Kapernick and all the players in the NFL that have followed his lead.i wish ALL professional sports players would have the balls to follow the lead of kapernick and others.

I salute kapernick for starting this that hopefully other NFL players carry ton the torch of.:thup:

again though people are gravely mistaken that it is because of kapernick the ratings are down,it is down because people are sick of the cheatriots getting away with scandal after scandal all the time going unpunished for their actions.same as politicians,they get special treatment the other NFL teams dont get.

by the fourth quarter it looked like the game was being played in the half empty LA Coliseum.

He is obviously folks referring to when the Raiders were in LA when they played in the coliseum for a dozen years.:biggrin:

The Raiders were never embraced in LA the entire time they were there.They did only a little bit better than the Chargers did this year in their first two games in LA since 1960.

Their first game in LA when they moved from Oakland,only drew a half empty crowd there of just
42,162. that was the average attendance for them that season and this was a team that had just won the superbowl in Oakland the year before.:D that was their normal season average as you can see in this link below.lol
1982 Los Angeles Raiders season - Wikipedia

Then the year they won the superbowl out there in LA,the next season for their home opener was not much better,they drew just 46,269:lmao::rofl:

1984 Los Angeles Raiders season - Wikipedia

the 1983 season when they won the superbowl as you can see,they just averaged over 42,000 per game.:lmao::rofl:

1983 Los Angeles Raiders season - Wikipedia

that was WHY Al Davis moved them back to Oakland once making a comment out there that he missed the loud roar of the OAKLAND crowds.:biggrin: and now his idiot son wants to make the same mistake his father once made?:cuckoo::rolleyes:

Yeah he was for sure talking about the crowds the Raiders drew in the LA colisuem because the majority of the years the Rams were in LA "BEFORE" that evil bitch owners that the fans all hated and begged to sell the team,the Rams were always in the top five in league attendance the majority of time in LA.Here is the proof in the pudding right here of a game played in the LA coliseum.

did you watch the video folks? I dont see an empty seat in the house did you?

The Rams as well also set a single season record for the largest crowd ever at a regular NFL season game once as you can see here below.
20061_279954290980_1896777_n.jpg

PLUS last year they ALSO set an NFL record for the highest attendance game for a pre season game in the United States as well.:)

Rams set U.S. preseason attendance record in L.A.

and here is more evidence that Rams games at the LA coliseum unlike Raiders games were always packed.:)
13903202_10153617266340981_8567173648073823974_n.jpg

12522923_10153186645440981_316798932467506546_n.jpg

11863445_10152926757965981_4184734366658901418_n.jpg

10268497_10152227286170981_1405492854074756648_n.jpg

1186826_10151595321420981_957641037_n.jpg

Last edited:
so as you can see folks,not ONE EMPTY SEAT in the LA coliseum in those Rams games of pics and the video I posted.that was the norm for games in the LA coliseum for Ram games,that was why they lasted for over 50 years before the evil bitch owner moved them to first out of LA to anaheim opening up the gates for the raiders to move to LA which was somethign her husband would NEVER have done,then after doing that,the evil bitch slut owner moved them to her hometown in stank louis where she was a showgirl. she is burning in hell right now along with Al Davis.

The Raiders drew so badly in LA that Dan Dierdorf who did monday night games for ABC once commented that the entire time he did monday night games for ABC from 86 to 92,that they never once did a Raiders monday night game at home in LA and that was because they drew so poorly.

the RAMS on the other hand,had SEVERAL games on monday night football in the LA coliseum back in the 70's though.you can look it up for yourselves.:D they always knew the Rams would pack them in so they got their games shown.

Ratings for TV in general are dropping because of several factors:

-A million channels nowadays
-Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Firestick/etc.
-Football being not as fun to watch as it once was.
-And yes I think Colin affects it somewhat...but definitely not to the tune of a 20% drop.

Ratings for TV in general are dropping because of several factors:

-A million channels nowadays
-Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Firestick/etc.
-Football being not as fun to watch as it once was.
-And yes I think Colin affects it somewhat...but definitely not to the tune of a 20% drop.

dont forget the MAIN reason that being people are sick of the cheatriots getting away with scandal after scandal that other teams get punished for if they commit the same offense.that this is the biggest scandal in sports history since the black sox scandal.

a team that won the SUPERBOWL last year that played against a team that has been in the playoffs each year the past 4 years and the ratings are down? gee i wonder why?

it wasnt just a coincidence the entire stadium at santa clara booed shady brady at halftime in the superbowl two years ago but did not boo a great in Terry Bradshaw.:rofl:

Forum List

Back